• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We are all made of dead people.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I liked your first paragraph but without atoms you wouldn't be so i think they are pretty important.

The second para is your faith.
Atoms are only building blocks for consciousness to explore reality. Without conscious experiences they are completely unimportant.

As for the second part I wouldn’t call it ‘faith’ but actually my best ‘reasoned analysis’ of the body of paranormal and spiritual information out there.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
One of them ironicals you hear about,
the religionists think the material part will
go but the spirit lives on.

I wonder how many wise saying beliefs
are backwards, or only fractionally true?

"it is never too late" say. Ha.

I am way too old to try for Ms America now. :(

This may be the worst thing that has ever happened.

It is kind of ironic, a point i like to mention often

Audie

Veteran Member
Atoms are only building blocks for consciousness to explore reality. Without conscious experiences they are completely unimportant.

As for the second part I wouldn’t call it ‘faith’ but actually my best ‘reasoned analysis’ of the body of paranormal and spiritual information out there.

Wooo, so by your figuin'*, the whole freakin' universe
would be unimportant ifn there weren't no people.

*reasoned analysis

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Without atoms there is no consciousness

Information? Hmm, definitely faith

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Would or will you be disappointed to find out you are wrong?

I understand it being your best evaluation on the matter. My best evaluation is the opposite. Still I could be wrong. If I'm wrong, I gets to be pleasantly surprised. You on the other hand, well disappointed sucks. :D

George-ananda

Premium Member
Without atoms there is no consciousness

Information? Hmm, definitely faith
I have come to believe through my reasoned analysis to think that consciousness is non-physical and incarnates the physical to experience.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Would or will you be disappointed to find out you are wrong?

I understand it being your best evaluation on the matter. My best evaluation is the opposite. Still I could be wrong. If I'm wrong, I gets to be pleasantly surprised. You on the other hand, well disappointed sucks. :D
You lost me. If I am wrong I will never be conscious to know it after death.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
You lost me. If I am wrong I will never be conscious to know it after death.

Maybe it that last micro-second of existence. The realization that "Hey! I'm not coming back from this."

"At the same time, we also study the human mind and consciousness in the context of death,” Parnia said, “to understand whether consciousness becomes annihilated or whether it continues after you've died for some period of time — and how that relates to what's happening inside the brain in real time."
https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/after-death-youre-aware-that-youve-died-scientists-claim