• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We are all made of dead people.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
When something or someone dies cells decompose and are usually reabsorbed into the ground and air.
slide_1.jpg
Atoms and molecules which will contain a percentage of past organic matter will be picked up as nutrient by grasses plants or washed into streams and rivers.

They will potentially become part of the food chain which eventually will be consumed by human beings.

The human body uses the food it eats and water it drinks to sustain itself, to build bone, muscle and tissue.

In this way we are all (at least partly) made of dead people.

Thoughts?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Dead people, dead animals, dead plants. yes.

of course, those encased in metal containers don't recycle as readily.

Another thought: every breath you take contains molecules exhaled by Ceasar's dying breath.

exchemist

Veteran Member
When something or someone dies cells decompose and are usually reabsorbed into the ground and air.
View attachment 26626Atoms and molecules which will contain a percentage of past organic matter will be picked up as nutrient by grasses plants or washed into streams and rivers.

They will potentially become part of the food chain which eventually will be consumed by human beings.

The human body uses the food it eats and water it drinks to sustain itself, to build bone, muscle and tissue.

Thoughts?
"Remember, man, thou art but dust, and unto dust thou shalt return". That is what the priest used to say in the Ash Wednesday service, as he inscribed a cross on the foreheads of his parishioners with a thumb dipped in ash.

I always thought that was rather a good thing to be reminded of, once a year.

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
View attachment 26626Atoms and molecules which will contain a percentage of past organic matter will be picked up as nutrient by grasses plants or washed into streams and rivers.

Thoughts?

I was made from my mom, she is living. Since we all have/had living moms that made us, we are all made from living people.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Thoughts?

I like E=M.c2

YES:
1) Thoughts are energy and as such they can even materialize (according to E=m.c2)
2) So homoeopathy does work. Energy materializes.
3) So even some Atheist might have a small particle of Jesus in them (or Atheists are the ones without it;))
4) If I think "I am God", maybe "I become God"; but then of course "God as per my thought"
5) Does DNA transfer from cells obtained from "dead people/vegetables etc", or when a life fly donates to you?

Some wise men did say "Let food be thy medicine" ... "You are what you eat"

Just some thoughts ...

Stanyon

WWMRD?
After hearing this news I'd imagine that necrophiliacs will spend at least the next week in a state of constant sexual arousal.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

Thoughts?
if you took all of the people (their bodies)
and piled them in one place.....the Grand Canyon
we would not fill that crevasse

seems we don't amount to much in terms of resource tonnage

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I once had a teacher that was big on the distinction between the water from the city's public services, which "had gone through our systems several times", and othe water that presumably did not and was therefore in some sense purer and/or healthier.

It had a lot of appeal, until you stopped to consider that it made no sense. Water molecules do no segregate themselves from each other in sharply distinct groups that are convenient to humans.

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
I like E=M.c2

YES:
1) Thoughts are energy and as such they can even materialize (according to E=m.c2)
2) So homoeopathy does work. Energy materializes.
3) So even some Atheist might have a small particle of Jesus in them (or Atheists are the ones without it;))
4) If I think "I am God", maybe "I become God"; but then of course "God as per my thought"
5) Does DNA transfer from cells obtained from "dead people/vegetables etc", or when a life fly donates to you?

Some wise men did say "Let food be thy medicine" ... "You are what you eat"

Just some thoughts ...
I and 2 seem to me to be absolute nonsense and rest fairly random.