• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We are all gonna get squished!!!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've heard such predictions before....
- The world will end on Janusomething umpteen 197x.
- GW Bush is the next Hitler.
- We'll be in & out of Iraq very quickly, & they'll hail us as hero liberators.
- Hillary is a shoe in.
- Trump is the next Hitler.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I've heard such predictions before....
- The world will end on Janusomething umpteen 197x.
- GW Bush is the next Hitler.
- We'll be in & out of Iraq very quickly, & they'll hail us as hero liberators.
- Hillary is a shoe in.
- Trump is the next Hitler.
Yea it's not the first time I heard it either.

I think according to what I read about it so far, if accurate, the collider already had created micro black holes in the past according to physicists, yet they form and dissipate in seconds and pose no real danger.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yea it's not the first time I heard it either.

I think according to what I read about it so far, if accurate, the collider already had created micro black holes in the past according to physicists, yet they form and dissipate in seconds and pose no real danger.
Hawking radiation?

PureX

Veteran Member
It's a non-story. The Koch brothers will poison us all before the scientists ever get a chance to crush us.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Astronomer sounds the red alert......

Earth Could Be Crushed to The Size of a Soccer Field by Particle Accelerator Experiments, Says Astronomer

Sumthin' has got to be done about those mad scientists before they turn earth into the most dense soccer field in the universe with a black hole as the ball !

Didn't even get my VR and new computer yet. I'm still saving up for it. Drat!

So what does ya think? Will earth get flushed down the tidy bowl?

And particle physicists think this scare tactic is hilarious
“Anyone Who Thinks the LHC Will Destroy the World is a Twat.”

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Earth Could Be Crushed to The Size of a Soccer Field by Particle Accelerator Experiments, Says Astronomer

Sumthin' has got to be done about those mad scientists before they turn earth into the most dense soccer field in the universe with a black hole as the ball !

Why a soccer field? Why not a football field? Or a baseball field? Durn foreigners....

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Well, I remember hearing it said that the world would end "not with a bang, but a whimper." Having the earth crushed to the size of a soccer field - that would probably be more like a whimper.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But seriously how does Trump get away with lying and lying and lying and repeating lying over and over again but AOC gets jumped on for exaggerating one thing. Clearly it's OK and even laudable for male Republicans to lie (cheat and steal) but not OK for a Democratic woman to exaggerate for dramatic effect. And, for example, the 11 pages of his lies are just fine, aren't they.

And to state after the fact that well, gosh, gee willikers, I'm against his lying as well won't work with me any longer.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But seriously how does Trump get away with lying and lying and lying and repeating lying over and over again but AOC gets jumped on for exaggerating one thing. Clearly it's OK and even laudable for male Republicans to lie (cheat and steal) but not OK for a Democratic woman to exaggerate for dramatic effect. And, for example, the 11 pages of his lies are just fine, aren't they.

And to state after the fact that well, gosh, gee willikers, I'm against his lying as well won't work with me any longer.
She reminds me of Trump in this regard.
It could be embarrassing to be an acolyte of one given to...taking liberties with reality.
At least she, unlike Trump, is young & could eventually learn to handle
herself with more circumspection. Gawd, I hope not. I prefer her as she is.

Last edited: