• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ways to Spark Your Sense of Wonder

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow earthlings!

I hope you are all enjoying your time here on the forum. If not, why not try something completely different to borrow a famous phrase.

I found this on a psych blog and a little voice in my head said why not post it to the forum. So here is a taste -

It's our desire to feel radically alive rather than bored and disinterested, or so caught up in the toils and troubles of daily life that we miss out on its multitudes of marvels. It’s our desire to part the curtain and get a load of the grander scheme, from what’s around the next corner to epiphanies about The Nature of Things, a peak over the hedge at the vast green estates next door. And it asks us to continually seek out these enlivening moments.

Wonder sets itself over and against the still background of daily life, the routine and orderly, the familiar and predictable—those unravelers of awe—and it acts as a kind of backup generator to re-stimulate our interest in the world.

Read the rest of the blog by clicking below -

7 Ways to Spark Your Sense of Wonder

Enjoy your day!

:)