• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ways to reduce the chance of seizures when you've run out of your medication?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I ran out of refills for my anti-convulsant medication, Keppra, and I'm waiting for my doctor to refill the prescription. I had a seizure in my sleep today (all the symptoms of it being a grand mal seizure were there, from the other times it's happened).

Advice on trying to prevent seizures when off your medication for it? I'm new to experiencing grand mal seizures.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
I ran out of refills for my anti-convulsant medication, Keppra, and I'm waiting for my doctor to refill the prescription. I had a seizure in my sleep today (all the symptoms of it being a grand mal seizure were there, from the other times it's happened).

Advice on trying to prevent seizures when off your medication for it? I'm new to experiencing grand mal seizures.

Avoid all carbohydrates.
Haven't had a seizure in over 10 years now.
If you can't avoid them all, then cut out as many as possible.
Especially gluten and sugar.
You can also try hand-fulls of vitamin B complex pills, which I used to help
me loads before I figured that it was the carbs that were depleting the Vit B.

http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/treating-seizures-and-epilepsy/dietary-therapies/ketogenic-diet