• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ways of changing habits and learning new ones

Jim

Nets of Wonder
(edited to clarify)
What I’m asking for in this thread is not ideas for what habits to change or learn. What I’m asking for is how to change habits and learn new ones.
(end edit)

I’d like to see some ideas and experiences here in changing habits and learning new ones, for example, how to change habits and learn new ones to help take better care of all of nature including all people everywhere, or how to change habits and learn new ones to help make forum discussions more friendly, fruitful and beneficial for every person reading and posting here.

My son told me about some apps for that purpose, including “Streaks” and “Better Every Time.”

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I don't want to suggest people do this if they don't have the money, but if they do, one cool thing is paying for the fast food of the person behind you in the drive-thru lane, like if they get a small order. The cashier then tells them and sometimes asks them if they want to pay the food of the person behind them. This sometimes creates a chain.

Anyway, just thought it cool.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
(edited to clarify)
What I’m asking for in this thread is not ideas for what habits to change or learn. What I’m asking for is how to change habits and learn new ones.
(end edit)

I’d like to see some ideas and experiences here in changing habits and learning new ones, for example, how to change habits and learn new ones to help take better care of all of nature including all people everywhere, or how to change habits and learn new ones to help make forum discussions more friendly, fruitful and beneficial for every person reading and posting here.

My son told me about some apps for that purpose, including “Streaks” and “Better Every Time.”

Hi Jim!

It's an interesting topic - how 2 change habits for the better ...

There's actually a site I found that goes into this in a big way. Here is one of their pages - on Hygge living -

https://www.developgoodhabits.com/hygge-living/

Hope you get the replies you are looking for ...

Cheers!