• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

water...

PHOTOTAKER

i thank i know why water is important in the plain of salvation!!!

h2o the "o" part representing God... and the h2 repraenting Jesus and The Holy Ghost... they are one and they are three each one needs each other to complete the reason why we are on earth... my only queston is did people know this in the past or did they just follow God?

PHOTOTAKER

Aqualung said:
Did people know this in the past? Considering I don't think it's true, no. ;)

Since that the water is important to be baptized in but there is not resign why... it was just a thought anyway... i come up with crazy ideas sometimes...

Aqualung

Tasty
PHOTOTAKER said:
Since that the water is important to be baptized in but there is not resign why... it was just a thought anyway... i come up with crazy ideas sometimes...
Lol. Who said it was crazy? I just said I didn't believe it.

Aqualung

Tasty
PHOTOTAKER said:
there might be a better resign for useing water, we just havent learned what it is yet...
I always thought it was because it was the purest of all liquids. You know, no corn syrup and stuff in it. :D

SoyLeche

meh...
Aqualung said:
I always thought it was because it was the purest of all liquids. You know, no corn syrup and stuff in it. :D
That, and there's quite a bit of it around - so it's very convenient.

PHOTOTAKER

Aqualung said:

with the sciptors being more indepth then what is on the surface how more indepth would the symbols of savation be?

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
PHOTOTAKER said:
there might be a better resign for useing water, we just havent learned what it is yet...

Lots of it, easy to use, doesn't stink like milk if it is left out, doesn't stain like fruit juices, and alcoholic drinks took time to make and were made for drinking afterall...... What else would they have used..... urine? Not much else to choose from.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Water symbolizes life in the Biblical culture. It also represents chaos -- the chaos of life and the chaos of death. It also symbolizes cleansing. People usually bathe in water.

Baerly

PHOTOTAKER said:

h2o the "o" part representing God... and the h2 repraenting Jesus and The Holy Ghost... they are one and they are three each one needs each other to complete the reason why we are on earth... my only queston is did people know this in the past or did they just follow God?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May I ask why you think baptism is an important part of the plan of salvation? If you will please give me some bible verses. It is my understanding that we are to be led by the spirit of God (Rom. 8:14). Baerly

Baerly

Aqualung said:
Did people know this in the past? Considering I don't think it's true, no. ;)

Hi, Will you please tell me why you think baptism is not important in the plan of salvation. If you will please give me some scripture to look at about this topic.Thanks

Baerly

The Lord used water to (save) Noah and his family. In contrast he used the same water to (destroy) the rest of the world (Gen.6).

Naaman was told by a prophet to go dip seven times in the Jordan river to be healed of leprosy. Here we see God using water to cleanse. (2Kings 5)

In the new testament the Lord uses water to baptize people. It is the point which we come in contact with him (Jesus) according to (Rom, 6:4). It is also the point in which our sins are forgiven according to (Acts 22:16).

Water is very important in the plan of God. -------------Baerly

PHOTOTAKER

Baerly said:
Hi, Will you please tell me why you think baptism is not important in the plan of salvation. If you will please give me some scripture to look at about this topic.Thanks

its very important i am just wondering why water is used for purification, i thought of some symbolize with water and i was just pointing that out. it was used as a baptism for thousands of years. and have the God head as its structure i thank is very interesting... with this symbolism to me testifies to the fact that God is real. how can a people with rope and a wheel as its most advance form of technology know that water could symbolize the God head? i didn't want to dismiss the importance of water for salvation, i was try to point that out and failed... :( sorry... hope this clarifies my beliefs a bit... as far as i know there is no doctern on the symbolism of water anywhere in religion...

SoyLeche

meh...
Baerly said:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May I ask why you think baptism is an important part of the plan of salvation? If you will please give me some bible verses. It is my understanding that we are to be led by the spirit of God (Rom. 8:14). Baerly

Here are a few links to look at:

http://scriptures.lds.org/gsb/bptsmbpt

http://scriptures.lds.org/bdb/baptism

http://scriptures.lds.org/tgb/baptism

http://scriptures.lds.org/tgb/bptsmssn

There are links to specific scriptures there. Some of the links are to scriptures that only the LDS people accept, so feel free to ignore them if you want. This isn't a discussion about their validity. There are plenty of Bible verses there to look at, and this was easier than trying to compile them on my own :)

A

angellous_evangellous

PHOTOTAKER said:

You can't be serious.