• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchtower: Jesus is not "a god"!

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Ok, ty for elucidating that. So let's go back to John 1:1 for a moment. God was there in the beginning, right? And the Word was WITH God, and the Word is said to be (in quite a few translations), God. So the Word God was WITH God. How do you see that?
Have we not been here before?

What is someone’s word?

Is someone’s word a person?

If I give you my word that I will do something does that make my word a person?

If I teach someone something I want them to tell to others - and they speak the word I gave them exactly as I taught them to say… does that make the person I taught, ME?

In the beginning God spoke a word… it was HIS WORD:
  • “Let there be light!”
The word God spoke was a monumental, all powerful, a heroic, majestic, awesome WORD!

Do you see all those SUPERLATIVES???

That is how you can describe something that IS A GOD!

This is how to understand: ‘The word was God’!

How would you describe the creation of the physical world? Wouldn’t you say that if was an awesome event, that it was most fantastic, most glorious, etc?

Wouldn’t you say that it was something greater than anything that had ever occurred before?

So it was the GREATEST?

Well, what do you think ‘God’ means????

If you can answer sincerely, honestly, without disingenuousness… then you have your answer!

John 1:1 is not speaking about a person being with God who was God …

It is written absolutely clearly that God was ALONE and ‘Beside(s) HIM there was NO OTHER’.

You are trying to say that THERE WAS someone else WITH GOD in the beginning.

See, that doesn’t make sense because you also say that God is THREE… so you would have to say that there were TWO PERSONS WITH GOD in the beginning … even though GOD said he was ALONE… that HE ALONE CREATED ALL THINGS…

And yet even then you say that it wasn’t GOD who created all things but it was JESUS…

Oh…. And when you are caught out with that nonsense You say, ‘Oh, I meant to say that The Father created THROUGH the Son…’

Which is nothing to do with ‘I alone created all things!’

Oh boy!

Soapy

The genealogy of Jesus goes back to...ADAM.
The genealogy is a human reading… Every Jewish family traces their family history back to Adam.

It was scripted that Jesus came from Adam to fulfil the Jewish family history.

Did you not read that Jesus was a type of Melkizedek where no one knew where he came from??

Do you not read in scriptures where that the Angel told Joseph that Mary’s pregnancy was by the power of God and that Joseph should take her as his wife …as if he was the Father!!!?

No! Jesus’ true lineage is not from Adam!

Do you read the saying:
  • ‘He taketh away the first in order to establish another!’
Look it up in the Bible….!!

You will find MANY EXAMPLES:
  • Jesus replaces by Adam (Jesus cannot be from Adam if Jesus is replacing Adam as ‘Son of God’ (Luke 3:38))
  • Seth replaces Cain
  • Isaac replaced Ishmael
  • Jacob replaced Esau
  • David replaced Saul
  • … many more examples!

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Have we not been here before?

What is someone’s word?

Is someone’s word a persocontext, n?

If I give you my word that I will do something does that make my word a person?

If I teach someone something I want them to tell to others - and they speak the word I gave them exactly as I taught them to say… does that make the person I taught, ME?

In the beginning God spoke a word… it was HIS WORD:
  • “Let there be light!”
The word God spoke was a monumental, all powerful, a heroic, majestic, awesome WORD!

Do you see all those SUPERLATIVES???

That is how you can describe something that IS A GOD!

This is how to understand: ‘The word was God’!

How would you describe the creation of the physical world? Wouldn’t you say that if was an awesome event, that it was most fantastic, most glorious, etc?

Wouldn’t you say that it was something greater than anything that had ever occurred before?

So it was the GREATEST?

Well, what do you think ‘God’ means????

If you can answer sincerely, honestly, without disingenuousness… then you have your answer!

John 1:1 is not speaking about a person being with God who was God …

It is written absolutely clearly that God was ALONE and ‘Beside(s) HIM there was NO OTHER’.

You are trying to say that THERE WAS someone else WITH GOD in the beginning.

See, that doesn’t make sense because you also say that God is THREE… so you would have to say that there were TWO PERSONS WITH GOD in the beginning … even though GOD said he was ALONE… that HE ALONE CREATED ALL THINGS…

And yet even then you say that it wasn’t GOD who created all things but it was JESUS…

Oh…. And when you are caught out with that nonsense You say, ‘Oh, I meant to say that The Father created THROUGH the Son…’

Which is nothing to do with ‘I alone created all things!’

Oh boy!
Context, context, context.
So the Word was WITH God and who was God, according to some translations. God the Word or the Word who was God was WITH GOD. Either way, the truth is that God is WITH God. John 1:1.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The genealogy is a human reading… Every Jewish family traces their family history back to Adam.

It was scripted that Jesus came from Adam to fulfil the Jewish family history.

Did you not read that Jesus was a type of Melkizedek where no one knew where he came from??

Do you not read in scriptures where that the Angel told Joseph that Mary’s pregnancy was by the power of God and that Joseph should take her as his wife …as if he was the Father!!!?

No! Jesus’ true lineage is not from Adam!
Oh boy so now I see you don't believe what the clear lineage is in the Bible. Ok thanks for mentioning that. :)

Soapy

Context, context, context.
So the Word was WITH God and who was God, according to some translations. God the Word or the Word who was God was WITH GOD. Either way, the truth is that God is WITH God. John 1:1.
Ha ha ha….

Ha ha ha….

My belly is aching!!!!!!!!

Soapy

Oh boy so now I see you don't believe what the clear lineage is in the Bible. Ok thanks for mentioning that. :)
The lineage is a Jewish family lineage because all Jews live their family lineage.

Jesus was not born out of the egg-sperm Union …

I think you need to go read some decent history of the Jews and their traditions booklets!

Jesus is likened into Melkizedek… No one who knows the nature of his birth claims a human lineage… but for the sake of TRADITION Jesus’ lineage is traced by either Joseph or Mary but ultimately back to Adam… this is for JEWISH TRADITION PURPOSES ONLY!

Here is the conundrum;
  • “But we know where this man is from; when the Messiah comes, no one will know where he is from.” (John 7:27)
Joseph took Mary as his wife therefore giving Jesus an earthly Father…. Thats the first part of the quote…

But if they knew the true nature of his ‘fertilisation’ they would apply the second part!

Which part do you think is the right description?
  1. He has a human Father therefore his ancestry is to Adam
  2. He has no ancestry because his birth was not of human origin
Make your choice!