• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchtower Governing Body: Are They The Exclusive Channel For God??

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see at least three major problems.

The JWs believe that their gb members are the faithful and discreet slave of whom it is written "I will appoint him over all my belongings" and it is the reason they trust it is God's exclusive channel. But scripture does not say when Jesus will appoint it.

The other problem I see is about perfection. Scripture says we must be perfect as our Heavenly Father is perfect. But a JW on the forum says, "Only God himself is perfect in the absolute sense." So scriptures about being perfect do not mean the perfection of God and the gb members will be made perfect when they die. How many kinds of perfect are there? I see three. But I am sure there is just one.

Then there are 144,000 divided between heaven and earth. I am certain a specific number to describe them means that they are together somewhere.
I am sure 144,000 means people who have endured to the end for salvation. And it is not until they have ALL endured that they become 144,000.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
I see at least three major problems.

The JWs believe that their gb members are the faithful and discreet slave of whom it is written "I will appoint him over all my belongings" and it is the reason they trust it is God's exclusive channel. But scripture does not say when Jesus will appoint it.

The other problem I see is about perfection. Scripture says we must be perfect as our Heavenly Father is perfect. But a JW on the forum says, "Only God himself is perfect in the absolute sense." So scriptures about being perfect do not mean the perfection of God and the gb members will be made perfect when they die. How many kinds of perfect are there? I see three. But I am sure there is just one.

Then there are 144,000 divided between heaven and earth. I am certain a specific number to describe them means that they are together somewhere.
I am sure 144,000 means people who have endured to the end for salvation. And it is not until they have ALL endured that they become 144,000.
Hi SW,
Are you saved? I've asked Pegg and MC the same question.

If you were to ask me if I were saved, I would say, "YES!"

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi SW,
Are you saved? I've asked Pegg and MC the same question.

If you were to ask me if I were saved, I would say, "YES!"
I am clinging to the salvation of Jesus Christ. Is that saved?
I recognize, trust and obey Jesus Christ as the way, truth and life. Is that saved?
I trust the love of God is righteous fair and good. Is that saved?
I have confidence in the holy ones who delivered what they could of God's word to us. Is that saved?
I know God's will for us is to be putting spirit before the flesh. Is that saved?

What is saved, according to you?

I do not know if I am saved with the same salvation as you are.

djhwoodwerks

My only thought is how odd that a pastor would use a spirit medium to help him translate Gods Word. Doesnt Gods Word itself tell us to reject all forms of spiritism??

Good morning Pegg. I hope you, and everyone else on this forum are doing well.

Really? that is your only thought? You had no thoughts on the question asked.

*** w83 4/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***
Why, in recent years, has The Watchtower not made use of the translation by the former Catholic priest, Johannes Greber?

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
I am clinging to the salvation of Jesus Christ. Is that saved?
I recognize, trust and obey Jesus Christ as the way, truth and life. Is that saved?
I trust the love of God is righteous fair and good. Is that saved?
I have confidence in the holy ones who delivered what they could of God's word to us. Is that saved?
I know God's will for us is to be putting spirit before the flesh. Is that saved?

What is saved, according to you?

I do not know if I am saved with the same salvation as you are.

Salvation is being reconciled to God. That's what the Scriptures ssy. There is only one thing that separates us from God, and that is SIN.

If we trust and obey, the blood of Jesus washes away our sins, reconciling us to God. Jesus' blood covers our sins. God no longer sees them. We are made new, regenerated, born again. We are PERFECT in the eyes of our God.

I see salvation as a process. I am saved. I am being saved. I will be saved. You will find examples of saved in all three tenses, past, present and future.

When we do as you say, trust and obey Christ, we have been saved (present). As we continue to live and serve Him, we are being saved (present). And finally, on judgement day you will be saved, coming to a full realization of your salvation (future).

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salvation is being reconciled to God. That's what the Scriptures ssy. There is only one thing that separates us from God, and that is SIN.

If we trust and obey, the blood of Jesus washes away our sins, reconciling us to God. Jesus' blood covers our sins. God no longer sees them. We are made new, regenerated, born again.

I see salvation as a process. I am saved. I am being saved. I will be saved. You will find examples of saved in all three tenses, past, present and future.

When we do as you say, trust and obey Christ, we have been saved (present). As we continue to live and serve Him, we are being saved (present). And finally, on judgement day you will be saved, coming to a full realization of your salvation (future).
OK. Should I be sorry if I can't say I am saved on judgement day? I think I must endure in my salvation until then. I do not believe "once saved, always saved". I am not able to make the claim that I will be standing shoulder to shoulder with Jesus Christ on that day. How can I?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is the belief once saved always saved causing people like the governing body who believe they themselves are righteous though they have not endured yet?

Are saved and will be saved are different. Are they not?

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
OK. Should I be sorry if I can't say I am saved on judgement day? I think I must endure in my salvation until then. I do not believe "once saved, always saved". I am not able to make the claim that I will be standing shoulder to shoulder with Jesus Christ on that day. How can I?
I don't believe in once saved always saved either.

But I do believe in the power of Jesus' blood.

His blood has washed me clean. He promises to continually cleanse us if we confess our sins and walk in the light as He is in the light.

Don't you trust in His blood?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't believe in once saved always saved either.

But I do believe in the power of Jesus' blood.

His blood has washed me clean. He promises to continually cleanse us if we confess our sins and walk in the light as He is in the light.
OK. I believe that.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Is the belief once saved always saved causing people like the governing body who believe they themselves are righteous though they have not endured yet?

Are saved and will be saved are different. Are they not?
My question had nothing to do with once saved always saved. That is a false teaching.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Job 7:7
Remember, O God, that my life is but a breath; my eyes will never see happiness again.
Psalm 39:5
You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure.
Psalm 78:39
He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return.
Psalm 144:4
They are like a breath; their days are like a fleeting shadow
Proverbs 27:1
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.
Isaiah 2:22
Stop trusting in mere humans, who have but a breath in their nostrils. Why hold them in esteem?

Isaiah can be said of one's self too I think. Stop trusting in yourself, you who are but a breath. Why hold yourself in esteem?

djhwoodwerks

Hi dj,
I've asked other participants on the forum if they are saved.

Do you believe you are saved?

Good morning kmg. I believe;

John 3:16 (ESVST) 16 " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 10:27-28 (ESVST) 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

Act 4:11-12 (ESVST) 12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

Act 16:30-31 (ESVST) " Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31 And they said, " Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.

So yes ma'am, I believe I am saved!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Saved and being found innocent in the end is possible. But by saying "I will be found innocent in the end" is you judging yourself now. Is it not?

djhwoodwerks

Saved and being found innocent in the end is possible. But by saying "I will be found innocent in the end" is you judging yourself now. Is it not?

Eph 1:11-14 (ESVST) 11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, 12 so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. 13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.