• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchtower Governing Body: Are They The Exclusive Channel For God??

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
You would first have to explain to me which post of mine you draw that conclusion from. For I have no awareness of having said that.
Hi MC. I know you are not a JW, but you seem to know a lot about them. Maybe you can answer my question. Do you know if the Governing Body who are supposedly the faithful slave, anointed, chosen ones have been born again?

Mountain_Climber

I think that in my post #1512, when I said, "They would have to now believe they are that faithful slave", she thought I meant all Jehovah's Witnesses when the subject I was addressing of savage wind had only to do with their Governing Body.

Mountain_Climber

Hi MC. I know you are not a JW, but you seem to know a lot about them. Maybe you can answer my question. Do you know if the Governing Body who are supposedly the faithful slave, anointed, chosen ones have been born again?
They believe they are born again but just not completed in the last phase of that, which is that of being given spirit bodies.

I don't have the article's location imprinted in my memory, but I can produce one of their articles which shows the steps they believe are involved in being born again. The article explains that they believe it begins with the special anointing here in the flesh whereby the elect individual is born again spiritually and placed in line to be completed in that being born again to a spirit being upon their literal death.

Would you like for me to find that article and post it? I have all of their literature back to 1950 and some of their literature back as far C.T. Russell.

here is one such reference:

Watchtower February 15, 1998 - Page 13 "Jehovah Brings Many Sons to Glory"

“Born From God”
6 Those begotten by Jehovah are “born from God.” Addressing such individuals, the apostle John wrote: “Everyone who has been born from God does not carry on sin, because His [Jehovah’s] reproductive seed remains in such one, and he cannot practice sin, because he has been born from God.” (1 John 3:9) This “reproductive seed” is God’s holy spirit. Working in conjunction with his word, it has given each of the 144,000 “a new birth” to a heavenly hope.—1 Peter 1:3-5, 23.
7 Jesus was God’s Son from his human birth, even as the perfect man Adam was the “son of God.” (Luke 1:35; 3:38) After Jesus’ baptism, however, it was significant that Jehovah declared: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.” (Mark 1:11) By this declaration accompanying the flow of holy spirit, it was clear that God then brought Jesus forth as His spiritual Son. As it were, Jesus was then given “a new birth” with the right to receive life once more as a spirit Son of God in heaven. Like him, his 144,000 spiritual brothers are “born again.” (John 3:1-8; see The Watchtower, November 15, 1992, pages 3-6.) Also like Jesus, they are anointed by God and commissioned to proclaim good news.—Isaiah 61:1, 2; Luke 4:16-21; 1 John 2:20.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Thanks for your honesty.

Can we agree on the following?

The Bible is God's word.

We should trust it rather than any religious institution.

If a religious institution teaches something contrary to the Bible, then we should follow the Bible, not the religious institution.

Yes? No?

Yes, I agree with that.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

they will be born-again when they are resurrected to heavenly life. That is the 'new birth'

Prior to this, they are still imperfect and sinful like we are. But when they are born anew, they are raised 'incorruptible' and given 'immortality as Paul says:
1 Cor 15:51 Look! I tell you a sacred secret: We will not all fall asleep in death, but we will all be changed,+ 52 in a moment, in the blink* of an eye, during the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound,+ and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we will be changed.53 For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption,+ and this which is mortal must put on immortality.

Any anointed one still alive is in a corruptible and mortal body of flesh. When they die, they are raised up in a 'changed' body made of spirit and given immortality and incorruptibleness. This is their new birth. This is what it means to be 'born-again'

Their first birth as humans (like all of us) is in sin, corruption and mortality....but when they are 'born-again' it is into a new incorruptible and immortal spirit body because only in that state can they enter heaven to dwell in the presence of Jehovah.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
they will be born-again when they are resurrected to heavenly life. That is the 'new birth'

Prior to this, they are still imperfect and sinful like we are. But when they are born anew, they are raised 'incorruptible' and given 'immortality as Paul says:
1 Cor 15:51 Look! I tell you a sacred secret: We will not all fall asleep in death, but we will all be changed,+ 52 in a moment, in the blink* of an eye, during the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound,+ and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we will be changed.53 For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption,+ and this which is mortal must put on immortality.

Any anointed one still alive is in a corruptible and mortal body of flesh. When they die, they are raised up in a 'changed' body made of spirit and given immortality and incorruptibleness. This is their new birth. This is what it means to be 'born-again'

Their first birth as humans (like all of us) is in sin, corruption and mortality....but when they are 'born-again' it is into a new incorruptible and immortal spirit body because only in that state can they enter heaven to dwell in the presence of Jehovah.
Once again....I get two different answers.

You - they WILL BE born again.

MC -They believe they ARE born again but just not completed in the last phase of that, which is that of being given spirit bodies.

So which is it?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Once again....I get two different answers.

You - they WILL BE born again.

MC -They believe they ARE born again but just not completed in the last phase of that, which is that of being given spirit bodies.

So which is it?

MC is not a JW. Just because someone posts our literature online, doesnt mean they are one of us.

He is most definitely not one of us and if you read his posts carefully you would see that he is very much on your's and Savagewinds side.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
MC is not a JW. Just because someone posts our literature online, doesnt mean they are one of us.

He is most definitely not one of us and if you read his posts carefully you would see that he is very much on your's and Savagewinds side.
Can you point me to a Watchtower official document which will answer my question?

Are the members of the Governing Body born again NOW?

I have gone to the official site, and the answer is not there.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Yes, I agree with that.
That is Great!! I believe the same! :)

You would probably also agree with me that we should not appeal to human creeds, confessions or catechisms as the ultimate authority over our beliefs as much of our modern churches do. Yes? No?

As christians, we should follow what the Bible teaches. If the Bible teaches something different than what my particular religious denomination teaches, then I should follow the Bible, right?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is Great!! I believe the same! :)

You would probably also agree with me that we should not appeal to human creeds, confessions or catechisms as the ultimate authority over our beliefs as much of our modern churches do. Yes? No?

As christians, we should follow what the Bible teaches. If the Bible teaches something different than what my particular religious denomination teaches, then I should follow the Bible, right?
The religion of the Jehovah's Witnesses is the religion which clings the most of any other religion to God's written word imo. But I am certain they cling to man's interpretation of it. They will not hear that their governing body might have some serious misunderstandings about it. For all their mistakes they always say, "wait on Jehovah". I do not know how they think Jehovah is able to make corrections for them.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
They believe they are born again but just not completed in the last phase of that, which is that of being given spirit bodies.

I don't have the article's location imprinted in my memory, but I can produce one of their articles which shows the steps they believe are involved in being born again. The article explains that they believe it begins with the special anointing here in the flesh whereby the elect individual is born again spiritually and placed in line to be completed in that being born again to a spirit being upon their literal death.

Would you like for me to find that article and post it? I have all of their literature back to 1950 and some of their literature back as far C.T. Russell.

here is one such reference:

Watchtower February 15, 1998 - Page 13 "Jehovah Brings Many Sons to Glory"

“Born From God”
6 Those begotten by Jehovah are “born from God.” Addressing such individuals, the apostle John wrote: “Everyone who has been born from God does not carry on sin, because His [Jehovah’s] reproductive seed remains in such one, and he cannot practice sin, because he has been born from God.” (1 John 3:9) This “reproductive seed” is God’s holy spirit. Working in conjunction with his word, it has given each of the 144,000 “a new birth” to a heavenly hope.—1 Peter 1:3-5, 23.
7 Jesus was God’s Son from his human birth, even as the perfect man Adam was the “son of God.” (Luke 1:35; 3:38) After Jesus’ baptism, however, it was significant that Jehovah declared: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.” (Mark 1:11) By this declaration accompanying the flow of holy spirit, it was clear that God then brought Jesus forth as His spiritual Son. As it were, Jesus was then given “a new birth” with the right to receive life once more as a spirit Son of God in heaven. Like him, his 144,000 spiritual brothers are “born again.” (John 3:1-8; see The Watchtower, November 15, 1992, pages 3-6.) Also like Jesus, they are anointed by God and commissioned to proclaim good news.—Isaiah 61:1, 2; Luke 4:16-21; 1 John 2:20.
Thank you for your answer MC. I will wait for Pegg to post the most current and official position considering she is a JW and you are not. I appreciate your offer, nonetheless.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If they endure to the end

If they endure to the end.

If they die faithful.​

IF they are born again.

I wonder why the JWs seem to guarantee everlasting life to those taking the lead as the faithful and discreet slave. They must endure like everyone else must. Yes?

:) I really don't know. I was under the impression he may be studying with them. But I will let him tell me if he wants to.

Okay Miss I am says me ;) , tell me this. Aren't the Governing body anointed? Aren't they born again?

It's not a secret or anything.Lol..:p I am not a JW for the simple fact that I am not baptized.I am not a member.I have studied with the Jehovah's Witnesses off and on.I believe in their teachings, and depend on information from them.I have received an accurate knowledge of the truth in the holy scriptures solely from the JW's.No one else has ever shown me anything close to the truth before in the HS, except for them.:)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
.No one else has ever shown me anything close to the truth before in the HS, .:)
I have a book written a long time ago about what the JWs believe. (if you care, I'll look it up). It was written by an opposer of The Watchtower. But the funny thing is he writes in his book what the JWs believe about the theocratic order of JWs. And I'm like, OK? He was helping them promote their ideas about God and Christ. I still tend toward believing much of what they teach about the nature of God and Christ. If someone read his book called The Kingdom of the Cults he would learn all the things the JWs think are important to believe. I am not a JW anymore though I am also not not one. The reason is I think that the things JWs say are important to know I do not think they are important to know. I think love is important to know. But most of the things the man wrote, I still believe them. So....I guess I am a cult too. A cult of one. LOL

• Paul's letter to the Ephesians is one of my favorites. May I ask who you believe Paul addressed this letter to? Was it not to the saints at Ephesus and all who are faithful in Christ Jesus?

Isn't Paul linking them together in the verse below? Doesn't he write that God saved us by regeneration? What does regeneration mean?

Titus 3
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Yes.Paul was addressing the anointed one's, and others, at Ephesus.There were other congregations spread throughout.Ephesus was one of these congregations.There were others like Smyrna and Pergamum.
Ephesus was deep in magic and they had many hardships.Jesus spoke to the congregation of Ephesus in Revelation 2:1-7.
He tells them that they have the love for God but are falling away,and to be careful.Remember they had to die faithful to receive their reward in heaven.

Here is something I found in the library pertaining to this very passage in Titus 3:5 (REGENERATION)

"3:5How are anointed Christians ‘saved through a bath’ and ‘made new by holy spirit’? They are ‘saved through a bath’ in that God has bathed, or cleansed, them with the blood of Jesus on the merit of the ransom sacrifice. They are ‘made new by holy spirit’ because they have become “a new creation” as spirit-begotten sons of God.2 Cor. 5:17.

WOL

You can read all about Paul's trip to Ephesus in the book of Acts 19.It is so interesting.He speaks of his mission and how he delt with magicians and riots.If you want to read up on everything about Ephesus here is a great link.It tells you about it's history and detailed information.

Ephesus — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes.Paul was addressing the anointed one's, and others, at Ephesus.There were other congregations spread throughout.Ephesus was one of these congregations.There were others like Smyrna and Pergamum.
Ephesus was deep in magic and they had many hardships.Jesus spoke to the congregation of Ephesus in Revelation 2:1-7.
He tells them that they have the love for God but are falling away,and to be careful.Remember they had to die faithful to receive their reward in heaven.

Here is something I found in the library pertaining to this very passage in Titus 3:5 (REGENERATION)

"3:5How are anointed Christians ‘saved through a bath’ and ‘made new by holy spirit’? They are ‘saved through a bath’ in that God has bathed, or cleansed, them with the blood of Jesus on the merit of the ransom sacrifice. They are ‘made new by holy spirit’ because they have become “a new creation” as spirit-begotten sons of God.2 Cor. 5:17.

WOL

You can read all about Paul's trip to Ephesus in the book of Acts 19.It is so interesting.He speaks of his mission and how he delt with magicians and riots.If you want to read up on everything about Ephesus here is a great link.It tells you about it's history and detailed information.

Ephesus — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY
According to this there are two rebirths. One is at their anointing and one is at their death.