• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watching "Joker". Does your church or pastor approve watching it?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I do not watch movies with bad titles. Joker is the evil title.

"Joker is Wrong." - good title.
It is not up to others to decide what movie I can or can`t see. Why would the monks in the monastery care for what movie I watch?

It is my own morality or lack of morality that gives me a guide to what I should be watching or not watch.

questfortruth

It is not up to others to decide what movie I can or can`t see. Why would the monks in the monastery care for what movie I watch?
Look, there is psychological climate on the planet. The sin commited in secret societies acts on every human by spiritual force.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Look, there is psychological climate on the planet. The sin commitedin secret societies acts on every human by spiritual force.
Secret societies? what secret society?

If I as a person choose to do something immoral like watching a movie with content i should not wath, that are only damaging my own path, not others.
If i saw something horrible like murder in a movie and went out to kill, that would be a evil action, but just sit at home and watch a movie is not a sin as you call it

questfortruth

Secret societies? what secret society?

If I as a person choose to do something immoral like watching a movie with content i should not wath, that are only damaging my own path, not others.
If i saw something horrible like murder in a movie and went out to kill, that would be a evil action, but just sit at home and watch a movie is not a sin as you call it
I do only that what my spiritual teacher tells me.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Lol the Church/Pastor can’t dissect art to save their lives. Why would I care if they instructed me to not watch a movie?
Also why is joker an evil title? Are you trolling?

questfortruth

Lol the Church/Pastor can’t dissect art to save their lives. Why would I care if they instructed me to not watch a movie?
Also why is joker an evil title? Are you trolling?
Imagine the movie called "How I raped Mather Theresa". Is it good title? Name Joker is the name of pure evil.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Imagine the movie called "How I raped Mather Theresa". Is it good title? Name Joker is the name of pure evil.
The word Joker only means someone who fooling around.

I have tried to follow your posts and threads, and honestly, i can not find much Orthodox Christianity within what you speaking about. May it be that you have misunderstood your teacher?
Does your teacher practice Orthodox Christianity as a monk?

questfortruth

I have tried to follow your posts and threads, and honestly, i can not find much Orthodox Christianity within what you speaking about.
Do you really think, that all theists are just like one? We are different. We have different understanding of life.

Last edited:

HonestJoe

It’s a terrible film, especially the bit where Joker tries to convince an man to slaughter his own son, where he orders his followers to kill every firstborn throughout the land or where he drowns almost every living this on the entire planet because they won’t all do what he tells them to. Wait, what… :cool:

questfortruth

It’s a terrible film, especially the bit where Joker tries to convince an man to slaughter his own son, where he orders his followers to kill every firstborn throughout the land or where he drowns almost every living this on the entire planet because they won’t all do what he tells them to. Wait, what… :cool:
Now please criticise the police for electicuting serial murderers.