• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watching CNN Town Halls for Democratic Presidential Candidates on YouTube

sealchan

This year I have been especially looking forward to the candidates for president that the Democratic party will be fielding. I am finding listening to any Democratic candidate is something of an antidote to having to listen to the various decisions and declarations of our current president.

I thought I would create a thread for those who might also benefit from similar exposure to those who hopefully will take over the reigns in a couple of years.

I have been using the following link for the list of the CNN Town Halls that have so far occurred:
CNN Town Halls & Debates

I have started with Beto O'Rourke and worked forward. Unfortunately I could not find the full video for all the candidates, so some links are my best effort at a substitute. I am still watching these videos.

Beto O'Rourke (substitute: I watched about half of this debate format)

Kamala Harris (substitute: didn't watch due to lack of town hall format, the actual speech starts after the 1 hour mark)

Amy Klobuchar

Bernie Sanders
Watched it but now I can't find it...

Elizabeth Warren

Riders

Bernie sanders has more money raised then anyone else for 2020. DO we thing he might make t even with the age?

sealchan

Of the one's I've listed (and hence watched) I am liking Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren so far.

sealchan

John Delaney started off slow, but by the end...I really liked him. He stands as being more practical and grounded and still supportive of the more ambitious progressive goals. Good stuff!

sealchan

Bernie sanders has more money raised then anyone else for 2020. DO we thing he might make t even with the age?

He doesn't seem to have let age slow him down. If he think he can do it, who are we to refuse him the opportunity?

Let me ask you this...why do you think Bernie Sanders raises more money than John Delaney?

ecco

Veteran Member
He doesn't seem to have let age slow him down.
He's 77 now. He'll be 83 at the end of his first term. Things often go downhill fast after 70-75.

Ditto Biden 76 & Warren 69.

We need someone who can comfortably serve 8 years. That means someone who is in their 50s now.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I was surprised by Cory Booker. Well spoken and a progressive candidate. I don't have a pick yet, way too early. But I would like to see younger and insightful candidates

[

Last edited:

sealchan

I've noticed that videos seem to have a limited life span so I will have to keep up my pace or the deletions will overtake me.

sealchan

I was surprised by Cory Booker. Well spoken and a progressive candidate. I don't have a pick yet, way too early. But I would like to see younger and insightful candidates

[

I'm watching Tulsi Gabbard now, she seems younger.

sealchan

I haven't watched Cory Booker yet (cause I'm going in historical order so that I don't miss a video before it is pulled), but I think that Bernie Sanders might be slipping from my top three...

I like Elizabeth Warren (I want a school teacher for president!)
John Delaney (level headed)
Pete Buttigieg (that young, fresh intelligence that reminds me of Obama)

I think it is a toss up for me at this point between John Delaney and Bernie Sanders

averageJOE

zombie
Tulsi Gabbard has the strongest and most important message. She is my first choice. But realistically I doubt she will beat Bernie. So I want to see Sanders/Gabbard 2020.

All the other candidates are basically the same. Establishment corporatists who are running Obama-like campaigns who would do nothing but maintain the status quo.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Tulsi Gabbard has the strongest and most important message. She is my first choice. But realistically I doubt she will beat Bernie. So I want to see Sanders/Gabbard 2020.

All the other candidates are basically the same. Establishment corporatists who are running Obama-like campaigns who would do nothing but maintain the status quo.
I appreciate the fact that she's ex-military, served two tours in the Middle East, is anti-foreign intervention, wants border security, and doesn't play into identitarian politics. She seems to me to be level-headed, honest, realistic and willing to be bipartisan.