• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watching a 9 year old doing Chemotherapy

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Welcome to RF. My sympathies and condolences for all that you've gone and are going through. I hope you find the support and comfort you need and wish you all the best.

Misunderstood

Truth. I have a question and it’s probably a strange question to ask and I say it like this but I have some old silver coins that I’m trying to sell to help pay for some of my kids bills do you know anybody would be interested everybody around my hometown Archie bowls always trying to rip everybody off also I uploaded a picture of my little boy on my profile picture he’s my sweet little Aiden

I do not do much in old silver coins, I do some in the newer bullion American Silver Eagle Coins. So I am not well versed in the older stuff. But, price is always tied to rarity and the grade of the coins. Also a dealer will not pay very well for a coin, but charge plenty. The best way to get a fair price is to sell on eBay or a coin club if you want to get a price closer to retail.

However, I would not sell them. I imagine they are just a collection that is not reportable. As you mentioned earlier you say you are not eligible for much assistance. Before this is over the hospitals will have taken everything from you except your house and car. Then you will get all the help you will need. So hopefully you and your son will get through this and live happy lives together. But if you sell them now they will take that also. But if you keep them you will have something to start your lives over again.

I like that you have been a blacksmith, my grandpa was a blacksmith, welder and mechanic, during his career. He worked as an apprentice when he was 14 to become a blacksmith.

I am not into art much, I never acquired that gene I guess, a kindergartners finger painting would be a Michele Angelo painting compared to any artwork I could produce.

Glad to hear you are taking care of you little trooper I know it is hard work, but the emotional stain is even harder. Just hang on is all you can do and ask for support where you can.

If you need anything I have put you on follow as I am very concerned for you. Our family is going though something similar, although not as close to me as it is for you and the roles are reversed; it is not the child, but the dad that will be leaving his family behind in a short time. Is all I can say is it stinks, and there is nothing we can do but pray, I will pray for you too.

God Bless you and your Son.

Ellen Brown

hello y’all I need a friend or to.

I've never faced anything like this. My heart goes out to you in the most powerful way that I can manage. My prayers to you. Do you have others around you that can cook and clean and do your laundry?

Please write back and tell me all these things?

Ellen

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I haven’t I’ll have to take a look I’ll laying. Down listing just Incase little man don’t get sick in his sleep. I hate that stuff they put in his body

Its rough, and our hearts go out to you. He looks like a great kid. Is he your only child? No Mom? You are a widower?

I am not a fan of the American medical system....a greed driven machine that milks the sick of all their money.
No one should have to lose everything they have worked for just to pay medical bills. I'm sorry you live where there is little help.

If you live where medicinal cannabis is legal, I hear its great to help with cancer treatments. For pain and nausea. So many people fighting for legalization of this wonderful medicine.

Please let us know if you need some moral support....we are here for you.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Greetings and salutations, @Widoweddaddy. Welcome to the forum.

Having gone though your situation myself, helplessly standing by while your child suffers, my thoughts are with you and your Aiden. If you ever need to talk or vent, I'm here for you.

Jumi

I hate to see his pain the sickness Kills me inside. I’m his dad i’m supposed to take his pain away and save him from monsters I can’t
That is really tough. Watching a loved ones pain is worse than our own. All I can say is stay strong for him... from what you said I believe you already know what you must do. Be the dad no matter what happens.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
hello y’all I need a friend or to.
I’ll be your friend :)
Watching chemo is hard.
By being there for him you’re proving yourself a strong father. My father had cancer. The effects are long lasting for everyone.
As for your coin selling, maybe try sites like eBay. Always niche collectors to be found on online marketplaces. Just get them appraised first by a few people. To ensure no one tries ripping you off.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Truth. I have a question and it’s probably a strange question to ask and I say it like this but I have some old silver coins that I’m trying to sell to help pay for some of my kids bills do you know anybody would be interested everybody around my hometown Archie bowls always trying to rip everybody off also I uploaded a picture of my little boy on my profile picture he’s my sweet little Aiden

Try an ebay auction. Collectors all over the world will see what you are offering. If nothing comes of it, well its cost nothing

danieldemol

Premium Member
So sorry to hear of the struggle your son is going through. I sincerely hope he will pull through, but either way he has had a supportive dad who has done everything possible for him

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Flower-Vase-6.jpg

Its rough, and our hearts go out to you. He looks like a great kid. Is he your only child? No Mom? You are a widower?

I am not a fan of the American medical system....a greed driven machine that milks the sick of all their money.
No one should have to lose everything they have worked for just to pay medical bills. I'm sorry you live where there is little help.

If you live where medicinal cannabis is legal, I hear its great to help with cancer treatments. For pain and nausea. So many people fighting for legalization of this wonderful medicine.

Please let us know if you need some moral support....we are here for you.
Iv talked to ppl about. Cbd they say it would help. If it gets legalized it would be worth a shot Thanks for the moral support appreciate it no I just need to find some financial support fml

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Iv talked to ppl about. Cbd they say it would help. If it gets legalized it would be worth a shot Thanks for the moral support appreciate it no I just need to find some financial support fml
Medicinal cannabis is legal in many US states now. Some people are moving to those states to take advantage of their laws. They call them 'cannabis refugees'. I wish I was rich....I'd give you money in a heartbeat.

Have you tried a "Gofundme" page?

Misunderstood

Glad to see you made it back to check in. We will be here even if you can only check in from time to time. Just let us know if you need anything.

As Deejay said a Gofundme page might help. Also, I think you said you were from NY, I checked and medical Marijuana is legal there. If you need anything checked out and do not have the energy or time, maybe you can ask and we can check it out for you and give you a summary if wanted.

Medicinal cannabis is legal in many US states now. Some people are moving to those states to take advantage of their laws. They call them 'cannabis refugees'. I wish I was rich....I'd give you money in a heartbeat.

Have you tried a "Gofundme" page?
I talked to him about a go fun me he don’t want. The whole world to know What’s going on I try to respect that

Misunderstood

I talked to him about a go fun me he don’t want. The whole world to know What’s going on I try to respect that
I can respect that also. All I can say is you should get all the treatments and help you need whether can can pay or not. The worse your financial situation gets, the more help you should get. So just take care of yourself and your son, and get through this. When he gets better you can deal with the financial stuff then, just hang tough for now.