• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was the war justified?

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
DrM said:
Well, I might suggest that Jesus ain't doin a good job right now as far as Christians are concerned. Under the circumstances, as they were, Jesus would not have voted for this war.
Well, that is a pretty bold statement. But then, I guess everyone believes that Jesus would feel the same way as they do personally. And in any case it isn't Jesus fault that your idea of Christianity is being perverted by those who practice it. It is the fault of those who claim to do things in the name of Christ, who have no idea of what Christ would really want.

scitsofreaky

EEWRED said:
Well, that is a pretty bold statement. But then, I guess everyone believes that Jesus would feel the same way as they do personally. And in any case it isn't Jesus fault that your idea of Christianity is being perverted by those who practice it. It is the fault of those who claim to do things in the name of Christ, who have no idea of what Christ would really want.
*cough*Bush*cough* (suttle enough for ya:D )

DrM

EEWRED said:
According to the bible I read, Jesus is Love. This is NOT a personal statement, this is recorded in that volume of 66 books.

I'm fairly certain that 1) Jesus would not want his holy name associated with invading a country under false pretenses and 2) He would not have "jumped the gun" before knowing the situation thoroughly 3) He would have still searched for alternatives to avoid the killing and mutilation of thousands of innocent people.
It is the fault of those who claim to do things in the name of Christ, who have no idea what Christ would really want.
Amen.

I think it was, we learned in the past that when a dictator gets to powerful and kills citizen (Nazi party) that they must be stoped, this begun to happen, and it was dealt with, yet the middle east is so diverse that I dought that it will ever end and in that sense I think it was the best choice