• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was the war justified?

Studies

TransAm,
I guess you feel it stupid that I should pick the signature I did. I wish for peace always, but in the real world sometimes that is not possible . The only true peace we have is our faith, my son and many , many more like him have even lost that. My son is so torn apart at the things he has seen since being there that he isn't sure if there is a God anymore. This breaks my heart, he went there because he had swore to protect and serve. The missguided or maybe intentional lies told by all in the White House sent these men and women to a place they need not have been. My son is in Ramadi and yesterday as I watched the news I saw some US troops had been hurt as well as cilvilans.

Each day that comes 1000's like my own child do not know if they will be alive by the end of that day. I do know that my son feels horrible at everything he's seen and will never be the young man who left his wife and children, he never will be for the rest of his life. Try walking a mile in any of their shoes and see how it feels. Or walk a mile in mine his wife or sons knowing any moment the phone could ring or the knock could come with someone there telling us he is not coming home ever. Its very easy to sit in the safety of your home and judge others .

May God bless you and keep you safe.:)

Depends whether you are Bush supporter or not. I have seen a report which Rumsfeld said, the day after Sept 11th, 'Let's bomb Afghanistan!' Some general said, 'No! Afghanistan is too hard. Not enough good targets. Let's go for Iraq. Better targets.' and they did.(I won't even mention Saudi Arabia who supplied most of the pilots for the aircraft involved)
There were easier ways of bringing down Sadam than the death of millions of Iraq citzens who hated Sadam just as much as everyone else, not to mention the deaths of 1500 approx US soldiers.
However can anyone imagine Pres George W. or for that matter, any leader, who has taken his country to war, admitting he (or she)did wrong?

blondekid

in comparison to adolf hitler i see alot of similarities between him and sadaam hussein. for example the gestapo and republican guard. if you disagree with the dictator you disappear. the testing of chemical agents on iraqi civilians by sadam hussein and the cruel experiments ordered by adolf hitler on the jewish. the war is just, support our leaders they probably know things that we don't and want to keep us safe. further more christianity isn't about being perfect (to me) it's about helping our fellow human beings and that is what we are doing for the non combatants in iraq and afghanistan.

Yerda

Veteran Member
blondekid said:
further more christianity isn't about being perfect (to me) it's about helping our fellow human beings and that is what we are doing for the non combatants in iraq and afghanistan.
Helping them die.

blondekid

enlighten me. how are we helping them die? what have we done to any non-combatant other than provide medical treatment food and clean water to drink? Not to mention there right to elect there own leaders and not live in fear of a mercilous dictator.

linwood

enlighten me. how are we helping them die? what have we done to any non-combatant other than provide medical treatment food and clean water to drink? Not to mention there right to elect there own leaders and not live in fear of a mercilous dictator.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Civilians reported killed by military intervention in Iraq[/font]

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

Note, these are only those deaths that have actually been reported.

blondekid

i would like to thank linwood for the information made available. it is very dificult to see the good in a bad situation, especially when it is war. when you go to the link below be sure to read the part about article 111, introduced by saddam in 1990 it exempted men from anykind of punishment if they kill there female relative in defense of the family honor. believe me we are doing more good in iraq than harm.

www.state.gov/g/wi/c8973.htm

blondekid

there is always going to be harm done in war. it's just a fact. but i think it's better to fight and help someone out than stand back and do nothing while someone is just doing horrible things to innocent people. the point is a crazy man was running a country doing terrible things we took him out now we're trying to help rebuild and turn iraq into something to be proud of, it's not easy, but it's got it's tradgedies.

Yerda

Veteran Member
blondekid said:
i think it's better to fight and help someone out than stand back and do nothing while someone is just doing horrible things to innocent people.
Yes, bomb them.

blondekid said:
the point is a crazy man was running a country doing terrible things we took him out now we're trying to help rebuild and turn iraq into something to be proud of, it's not easy, but it's got it's tradgedies.
It seems you've eaten enough propaganda for the two of us buddy.

DrM

NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT! Excuses cannot be made later because reality was ignored. Has anyone heard any preachers admonish the administration for rushing to war under false pretenses? NOPE!

linwood

NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT! Excuses cannot be made later because reality was ignored. Has anyone heard any preachers admonish the administration for rushing to war under false pretenses? NOPE!

The Pope.

But I see your point.

I think many Christians see this war as a truly good vs. evil conflict and believe it is right.

Scares me

I think that in this situation we needed to go to war. Iraq was dangerous enough to be faught twice before and now with Terrorists in the middle east and surronding areas, and Iraq once again violating UN sanctions (though not nearly as often as Israel, but that's another topic for another time) the time to put an end to Saddam and son's reign of terror was now. Thankfully he was removed from power and now the people have the oppurtunity to choose how they wish to be governed.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
DrM,

the church's place is not to tell the government WHAT to do. That's what the "Religious Right" have been trying to do. However, my church never fails to pray for peace for everyone.

linwood

I think it's funny they have the republican guard...trying to protect Iraqis from republicans I bet.

That didn`t work too well did it?

:D

Dr. Khan

linwood said:

The Pope.

But I see your point.

I think many Christians see this war as a truly good vs. evil conflict and believe it is right.

Scares me

Fear not, Jesus is in charge of all those christians.

I believe that he is teaching us to abandon all wars. He has taught me that theimage of the beast in Revelation 13-14 is war. Now that's scarry considering how many wars have been supported by Kristians since the crusades and before.
Did they learn this from th Apostle's or from Constantine.

The emporer of Rome, which is the beast.

DrM

NetDoc said:
DrM,

the church's place is not to tell the government WHAT to do. That's what the "Religious Right" have been trying to do. However, my church never fails to pray for peace for everyone.
I wholeheartedly agree. However, the church didn't mind taking up sides before the election and attempted to interfer with the governmental process.

DrM

Dr. Khan said:
Fear not, Jesus is in charge of all those christians.
Well, I might suggest that Jesus ain't doin a good job right now as far as Christians are concerned. Under the circumstances, as they were, Jesus would not have voted for this war.