• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was the Serpent a Literal Snake?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You contradict yourself.
First you say that after the flood their ability of "materializing" (lol) was taken away and that there is "no mention" of them "materializing" again. But 2 sentences prior to that, you said they materialized and appeared before Mary.
Mary lived long after the flood according to the story though.
So your claim about "materializing" no longer being possible after the flood, directly contradicts your claim that a "materialized" angel visited someone AFTER that flood

I would like to take the liberty to add it's the materialized angels (or angels using materialized bodies) of " Noah's day " who are the demonic ones restricted who can No longer materialize because they are held in symbolic ' chains '- Jude 1:6

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, the triune god was made / promoted in the 4th century, Not by Scripture, but by the corrupted Church of Constantine's day.
Yes, I think both the NT and history are clear on the point. I'm not sure "corrupted" is quite the right word, but certainly without support from their own central texts.

Muffled

Jesus in me
By the time the story Got to the writers of Genesis it was called a “Crafty Beast”. Lucifer was the leader of the rebellion. Their were many in the celestial world who followed him into rebellion.

However, I believe that the serpent is Hel and Hel is not an angel as far as we know. If angels are actually aliens then that is a different story but there is nothing in the Bible that says they are.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Do you believe snakes have legs? Ohhhhhh you think the snake was chaaanged. I see. So "simply a snake" meant something different before Adam and Eve ate the fruit.

I believe ancient Hebrew probably grouped snakes and lizards together in one word and lizards have legs. Since I believe it is Hel then it is a serpentine person which also might fit into the same one word. As for serpents going on their belly I find it to be a bit cryptic. Perhaps that is more metaphorical than literal.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, I think both the NT and history are clear on the point. I'm not sure "corrupted" is quite the right word, but certainly without support from their own central texts.

i believe the Trinity is not a triunity and Constantine's conclave did not come to that conclusion either. Triunity has a more modern origin.

I found this one:
  • 1902, William James, The Varieties of Religious Experience, Folio Society 2008, p. 46:
    God's attributes as such, his holiness, his justice, his mercy, his absoluteness, his infinity, his omniscience, his tri-unity [...] have proved fertile wells of inspiring meditation for Christian believers.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe ancient Hebrew probably grouped snakes and lizards together in one word and lizards have legs. Since I believe it is Hel then it is a serpentine person which also might fit into the same one word. As for serpents going on their belly I find it to be a bit cryptic. Perhaps that is more metaphorical than literal.
You think??? That's a pretty big assumption. Why not just ask one of the native Hebrew speakers or one of the rabbis?

Colt

However, I believe that the serpent is Hel and Hel is not an angel as far as we know. If angels are actually aliens then that is a different story but there is nothing in the Bible that says they are.
Not everything that's true is in the Bible.

The Anointed

If so, where is he slithering about today?

Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,
called the Devil, and Satan,
which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth,
and his angels were cast out with him.

Or, is there a spiritual understanding?

CF: Revelation 20:2
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years.

The great dragon is the spiritual godhead to the earthly body of dinosaurs, the information gatherers for the evolving spiritual godhead, who was the Most High in the creation, who stood on the top rung of the ladder of evolution before mankind. He is said to have been cast out of heaven because he refused to bow before the new creation 'Mankind' who was created in the image of God, Saying; "I will not worship an inferior being than me. I am his senior in the creation; before he was made I was already made. It is Adam’s duty to worship me.” Or so it is recorded in the ancient Hebrew writings.

The evolving godhead in the spiritual dimension, of the Most-High earthly species on the ladder of evolution, before Mankind, which godhead was evolving from the information gathered by his earthly body, which species had ruled the earth for some 140 million Years, and which species became extinct around 66 million years ago, was the evolving mind/spirit of the great upright walking reptile, whose earthly body was later cursed and made to crawl on its belly in the dust of the earth.

No species can exist for that length of time, without achieving a high degree of intelligence. Step into a fire, remember the pain and you will never repeat that mistake, it is through Pain and suffering that intelligence begins. We learn through the pain and sufferings that we endure, which pain and suffering is caused by the sins and mistakes that we make in Life. Spare the rod says the Lord, and you will spoil the child.

The extinction of the reptilian dinosaurs some 66 million years ago, was a blessing to mankind, as they would have been the greatest threat to the continued evolution of mankind from our ancestors ‘The Mammals,’ of which our oldest known primate-like mammal ancestors, were the Plesiadapis, which came from North America; or the Archicebus, which came from China, or any of the other similar basal primates, which were widespread in Eurasia and Africa during the tropical conditions of the Paleocene and Eocene geological Epochs. And the evolutionary history of those primates can be traced back 65 million years, shortly after the time when the dinosaurs became extinct.

In the Jewish and Christian scriptures, the six creative days are referred to in Genesis 2: 4; as the six generations of the universe.

According to the creation story as revealed in Genesis, it was in the sixth generation of the universe, that the observer, who was not actually creating anything, but rather, calling into existence the sleeping LOGOS, which is translated in Greek as “WORD’ said; "And now let US make man in OUR image.