• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was the fall of Satan part of God's plan?

Was Satan's Rebellion part of God's plan?

• Yes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I can't tell you how many times I've heard Christians tell me that the fall of Satan was never part of God's plan...

That simply doesn't make sense. It is biblical that God knows what happens in the future.

God knows before he makes an angel if it's going to rebel against him.

God knows before he makes an angel if it's going to be faithful to him.

He could just choose not to make the angels that will rebel and only make the angels that will be faithful to him.

The only other conclusion is that Satan's rebellion and fall was part of God's plan...
satans-fall.jpg
The puzzling question is why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I think God simply wanted it that way so that he could have an enemy to triumph over...

Without satan and the Antichrist, things would be too boring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
God prefers to have enemies. God created his enemies for a purpose. In the end they glorify God. Who would Batman be without the Joker? :D
MyCard_The_Joker.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
the downfall of Satan and the Angels is always been an interesting story in the Bible to me.

According to the narrative of Satan's downfall with 1/3 of the angels, then original sin started with angels, not man.

Huge biblical contradiction.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I can't tell you how many times I've heard Christians tell me that the fall of Satan was never part of God's plan...

That simply doesn't make sense. It is biblical that God knows what happens in the future.

He could just choose not to make the angels that will rebel and only make the angels that will be faithful to him.

The only other conclusion is that Satan's rebellion and fall was part of God's plan...The puzzling question is why?

You have to understand how free will works within God's will to understand why.

I had a wall of text to explain it, but its just too advanced for someone who is not a believer to begin with. Devout christians and biblical scholars have a hard time digesting it even.

Grandliseur

The only other conclusion is that Satan's rebellion and fall was part of God's plan...View attachment 18981The puzzling question is why?
Murphy struck at a bad time, as he usually does.

God permitted the most dangerous substance in the universe out where it could do harm - namely, free will. However, without free will all he could create were automatons obeying undeniable programming. God chose to have children who could choose whether to do good or evil. His abilities permit him to handle all things. It just happened to be a worst case scenario that took place.
------------
Omniscience of all future eliminates free will; all our reality becomes a movie without any way for random events, even at the atomic level, to occur. That is not the reality we live in.

And, it is not Biblical contrary to your statement.
God is omniscient about past events and the now, not all future events.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

The only other conclusion is that Satan's rebellion and fall was part of God's plan...The puzzling question is why?

Side note, I doubt Satan had horns.

Let me ask you a question, if you were going to have 3 children, 9 granchildren, 27 great grandchildren... and you knew that one of them was going to go to the dark side but some of that one would produce GREAT AND IMPACTING children and grandchildren... would you decide not to have that child and not have the GREAT AND IMPACTING children?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
In Luke 10:18 when Jesus disciples say they have been casting out demons, Jesus replies "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven." He is talking about himself and what his ministry is accomplishing and its a figure of speech. He is not saying that his name is Satan. You need to realize everywhere in the Bible that talks about lightning, it is a way to describe a powerful righteous thing. Jesus is talking about the awesome things that are happening. The use of the term Satan does not trump that. Its a figure of speech that's pretty cool, and its a shame if you think he's talking about a being falling out of a pristine otherworldly place.
Satan isn't a fallen angel - that's a Christian concept; so perhaps this question ought to be Christian specific.
Its ministry specific, and its the result of paying strangers to preach about things they know little to nothing about. This happens in religion from time to time, and I recall a scene in Micah where it happens. Micah complains that the prophets say whatever puts food in their bellies and ignore the plight of people in need. These are prophets who should be knocked out of heaven. Jesus is pretty much talking about an analogous situation when he talks about Satan falling from heaven. He's talking about some people who are in high places who shouldn't be, and he has unseated their power.

DavidFirth

The only other conclusion is that Satan's rebellion and fall was part of God's plan...View attachment 18981The puzzling question is why?

The only answer to questions like this lies in Job 40. Read what God said to Job when Job questioned Him.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Side note, I doubt Satan had horns.

Let me ask you a question, if you were going to have 3 children, 9 granchildren, 27 great grandchildren... and you knew that one of them was going to go to the dark side but some of that one would produce GREAT AND IMPACTING children and grandchildren... would you decide not to have that child and not have the GREAT AND IMPACTING children?
Demons don't have children making your post pointless

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The only answer to questions like this lies in Job 40. Read what God said to Job when Job questioned Him.

I've always seen that verse as the great downfall of the book of Job. Someone asks a reasonable question of why he was tortured and gets a 'how dare you question me!' response! It makes God look like a total jerk.

DavidFirth

I've always seen that verse as the great downfall of the book of Job. Someone asks a reasonable question of why he was tortured and gets a 'how dare you question me!' response! It makes God look like a total jerk.

Actually, if you reread Job's response Job actually agreed with God and repented in dust and ashes for having asked Him anything at all. Job was wise enough to realize that he needed a mediator to talk with God because he wasn't worthy and couldn't possibly understand the Almighty God, our brains aren't big enough.

Basically, I believe we have no right to question our Almighty Holy Creator. He answers our prayers because He loves us and there is no other reason.

Isaiah 55:9
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually, if you reread Job's response Job actually agreed with God and repented in dust and ashes for having asked Him anything at all. Job was wise enough to realize that he needed a mediator to talk with God because he wasn't worthy and couldn't possibly understand the Almighty God, our brains aren't big enough.

So, God essentially says that might makes right. Got it.

Basically, I believe we have no right to question our Almighty Holy Creator. He answers our prayers because He loves us and there is no other reason.

And I completely disagree. OF COURSE we have the right to question!