• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Satan in Eden?

true blood

Animal Planet had a documentary proving fire breathing dragons existed in ancient times. I guess they found one encased in ice along side burnt human victims. The dragons body was found with deposits of hydrogen gained from eathing certain metals. But anyways the serpent in Gen. was given the rulership, dominion and authority over this world due to man's disobedience to God. Man lost the authority and rulership. Then in Jesus Christ time, the devil offered to give it [the rulership, dominion and authority] to Jesus in the temptation recorded in Luke. A link? The devil, aka Satan is a spiritual being, invisible. He probably possessed a dragon's body at the time in Eden. Is that not what the bible teaches though? Spiritual demons are unseen yet they can posses bodies?

may

true blood said:
Animal Planet had a documentary proving fire breathing dragons existed in ancient times. I guess they found one encased in ice along side burnt human victims. The dragons body was found with deposits of hydrogen gained from eathing certain metals. But anyways the serpent in Gen. was given the rulership, dominion and authority over this world due to man's disobedience to God. Man lost the authority and rulership. Then in Jesus Christ time, the devil offered to give it [the rulership, dominion and authority] to Jesus in the temptation recorded in Luke. A link? The devil, aka Satan is a spiritual being, invisible. He probably possessed a dragon's body at the time in Eden. Is that not what the bible teaches though? Spiritual demons are unseen yet they can posses bodies?

The Bible further shows that following the birth of God’s heavenly kingdom by his Son, Jesus Christ, the Devil and his angels were hurled down to the vicinity of the earth: "So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him." (Rev. 12:9) Down here at the earth, these demonic angels are no more permitted to materialize in the flesh as they did before the global Flood. Yet they can exercise power over men, so much so that the Bible says that Satan, along with the demons, is "misleading the entire inhabited earth.

true blood

harold e. rice said:
Ge 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent,

Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above

all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon

thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all

the days of thy life:

Snakes/serpents don’t eat dust and dirt.

Snakes/serpent have never eaten dust and dirt.

Snakes eat other animals, insects, and people.

Dragons do eat platinum and other shiny metals

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
true blood said:
Animal Planet had a documentary proving fire breathing dragons existed in ancient times. I guess they found one encased in ice along side burnt human victims. The dragons body was found with deposits of hydrogen gained from eathing certain metals.
??????? I don't think a dragon has ever been found, never mind a fire breathing one - i'd of heard about it. Is this a joke and i've missed the point?

Betho_br

"God, YHWH, takes the human, mankind, and settles in the Garden of Eden to serve (work) and to keep." Gen 2:15

In the Eden narrative, the role assigned to Adam as the guardian of Paradise exhibits characteristics that can be interpreted as elements of a religious cult. Furthermore, the word "keep" is employed in both Genesis 3:24 and 4:9, suggesting a connotation of priestly ministry. Eve, in turn, played a communicative role with divine entities, akin to the Oracle of Delphi, albeit with its distinctions.

Adam's failure in the cultic service and ministerial guardianship allowed Eve to establish communication with the serpent. This communication led to Eve's deception, as she swapped the positions of the trees and subsequently induced Adam to make the same choice. The consequence of this error was humanity's fall, underscoring the significance of the responsibility entrusted to Adam and the need for vigilance in fulfilling his role in Paradise.