• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Saint Paul sick?

questfortruth

Please read the article in the file. Submitted to Science Journal.

Attachments

• schizophreniaS.pdf
    77.6 KB · Views: 0

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Are you loving Paul more than God? God is Truth and Spirit of Truth is God. Do not love Paul more than Obvious Truth.
I'm not sure how you get to that statement from what I said. I'm just reading the Bible.

questfortruth

I'm not sure how you get to that statement from what I said. I'm just reading the Bible.
Bible needs Correct Interpretation. The Bible does not interpret itself, for it is not alive. As example, the satan is absolute evil, so he can not regret own sins. However is written: ``That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow.'' Philippians 2:10.

calm

@questfortruth You're a Christian and you say that? No, Paul was not sick, he was full of the Holy Spirit and was chosen and used by God to answer many questions of the believers. Interestingly, Paul's name Shaul means "Ask God".

Terry Sampson

Submitted to Science Journal.
  • In my opinion, you ought to have waited for "the Science Journal" to publish your essay before bringing it to RF. But you didn't.
  • Your essay demonstrates unfamiliarity with schizophrenia and with demonic possession.
  • Schizophrenia is most certainly NOT demonic possession that can only be cured by God.
  • I am sure that you believe that Jesus came to earth to heal all diseases and death; but I disagree.
  • You say: "Opponent: “this is bi-polarity”.Me: “So, there are two poles in Paul: good and evil. This means that a person has a splitted personality. Such a split was usually considered a schizophrenia.”
  • That is a naive, incorrect, and useless, if not dangerous, understanding. A truly split personality may be due to a dissociative identity disorder or a multiple personality disorder. Schizophrenia is neither of those. In fact the Number 1 misconception about schizophrenia is that it means that the schizophrenic has a split personality.
  • https://www.google.com/search?newwi.........0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131.p8gsIHZEb3M

Kenny

Premium Member
Bible needs Correct Interpretation. The Bible does not interpret itself, for it is not alive.
That still doesn't explain how you came to the conclusion you had mentioned. All I said was "I don't see Paul as being schizophrenic as his statement and the results of schizophrenia are not the same."

Even in other cases, sometimes Jesus showed it was a spiritual problem and in other times it was simply a physical problem.

Kenny

Premium Member
Bible needs Correct Interpretation. The Bible does not interpret itself, for it is not alive. As example, the satan is absolute evil, so he can not regret own sins. However is written: ``That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow.'' Philippians 2:10.

And what is your interpretation?

questfortruth

• That is a naive, incorrect, and useless, if not dangerous, understanding. A truly split personality may be due to a dissociative identity disorder or a multiple personality disorder. Schizophrenia is neither of those. In fact the Number 1 misconception about schizophrenia is that it means that the schizophrenic has a split personality.
  • https://www.google.com/search?newwi.........0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131.p8gsIHZEb3M
The fact is: nobody knows for sure what is schizophrenia and its cause. So, it can be a split in the brain.

questfortruth

• In my opinion, you ought to have waited for "the Science Journal" to publish your essay before bringing it to RF. But you didn't.
  • Your essay demonstrates unfamiliarity with schizophrenia and with demonic possession.
  • Schizophrenia is most certainly NOT demonic possession that can only be cured by God.
  • I am sure that you believe that Jesus came to earth to heal all diseases and death; but I disagree.
  • You say: "Opponent: “this is bi-polarity”.Me: “So, there are two poles in Paul: good and evil. This means that a person has a splitted personality. Such a split was usually considered a schizophrenia.”
If a person has any kind of split, e.g., between reality and illusion, then just formally is true, that the person with a split is simply a splitted person. Look here: a tree with a split is the splitted tree! Do you copy that?

Terry Sampson

The fact is: nobody knows for sure what is schizophrenia and its cause. So, it can be a split in the brain.

• Multiple personality disorder, also known as Dissociative Identity Disorder, has been found to be associated most often with physical or sexual abuse, and torture.
  • As you say, the cause of of schizophrenia is still unknown. A person doesn't have to be abused to become schizophrenic. What is odd is that you say, here, that its cause is unknown, but in your paper, you attribute its cause to demonization. So, either you don't know what causes it or you think you do, and you are wrong.
  • The brain has a natural split that divides the human brain into two "hemispheres." That split is not due to trauma, physical abuse, or demons. Any other split is usually due to an object with a sharp blade being placed against the skull with great force or due to surgery. The latter kind of split IS due to some kind of trauma but not due to demons.
  • The split in the human brain that we are all born with does not cause schizophrenia.
  • The word schizophrenia combines the Greek skhizein "split" and phren "mind", not "split" "brain".

If a person has any kind of split, e.g., between reality and illusion, then just formally is true, that the person with a split is simply a splitted person. Look here: a tree with a split is the splitted tree!

Nonsense.
Do you think reality and illusion are the same? If you do, you're very odd. If you do not, are you "schizophrenic" (i.e. split-brained/split-minded)?
One of the possible symptoms of schizophrenia is confusing illusion with reality. The problem is not that the schizophrenic believes illusion and reality are two separate states but that the schizophrenic confuses them.

Last edited:

allright

The only thing wrong with Paul was bad eyesight

Unbelievers have to try and find something wrong with Paul to explain his conversion

because if Jesus did appear to Paul the Gospel is true and they really are headed

for eternity in hell

exchemist

Veteran Member
Are there any modern examples of "demonic possession"? Do you think it is a real thing?

Terry Sampson

Are there any modern examples of "demonic possession"?

You're welcome to decide for yourself. I've gone through a brief period in which I personally bandied the notion about far, far too casually, and have long since tightened my opinions substantially. I esteem the contents of these two books on the subject, and not much else of the little that I have read.
Do you think it is a real thing?

Yes.

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
You're welcome to decide for yourself. I've gone through a brief period in which I personally bandied the notion about far, far too casually, and have long since tightened my opinions substantially. I esteem the contents of these two books on the subject, and not much else of the little that I have read.

Yes, but then: I am an Antirelativist; what do I know? :).
Thanks. I suspect these biblical accounts would most likely have been the way the people of the time rationalised various medical or psychiatric conditions.