• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

was Odin a acended human ?

Absolute Zero

fon memories
Was Odin trully an Acended Human as the myth goes ? Sorry Im sought of still learning about Norse mythology ? Anyways how was he able to be come an acended human ? Did he really kill yimer or what ever the first Giants name was ? Why does he Die by the bite of the dog whoes name I belive starts with an F ?

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Hm? No, Odin was one of the three first Gods to emerge from the new universe, he, Vili and Ve.[sorry, I can't do accented letters thingies]

Fenrir is the wolf you are thinking of, but the wolf bit Tyr's hand off, not Odin's. The wolf will take the Allfather down, it's said, but Odin will also be avenged.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
So why did he look Human ?
"But if cattle and horses and lions had hands
or could paint with their hands and create works such as men do,
horses like horses and cattle like cattle
also would depict the gods' shapes and make their bodies
of such a sort as the form they themselves have."

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
"But if cattle and horses and lions had hands
or could paint with their hands and create works such as men do,
horses like horses and cattle like cattle
also would depict the gods' shapes and make their bodies
of such a sort as the form they themselves have."

That's is beautiful, Gjallarhorn, here I am trying not to be an irate condescending prick. Huzzah.

There are many legends of the High One, ODIN. His fame is comparable to that of the King of
the Olympians. One I have read he was actually a famed Troajn, amazing poem and believed
to be true. This Trojans was absolutely god like in battle apparently and shared a similar name.

I can not find the materials on that.

Some, including myself, think he may be related to POSEIDON, Brother of mighty Zeus.

tCpLuQY.jpg

JmH3y8L.jpg

JmH3y8L

That's not proof of the connection but their both holding a trident spear, I thought it was
funny.

The All Father was given a weapon, Gungnir, a spear that always hits it's mark. It's said to
be a flexing spear but the trident suffices my curiosity as well as Poseidon being the God of
Horses, something the All Father is also famed for, as well as his son Hermóðr as well. Cult
like folklore would take you far too.

The High One became worshiped as the Chief God of the Norse as a God of War, Death and
a sea god as well, from what I understand. The Thunder God was equally worshiped as well,
not only in Scandinavia though, these two in particular were famous all over most of Europe.

ODIN though remained famous with similar names while THOR's varied, if it is indeed the same Thunder god.

TYR is the God you were confused with in OP. This God was the Chief God prior to The All Father, or TYR is the All Father. There are parties hard at work researching it through archaeology.

Some have said TYR is the Chief god, which has been found in excavations. But that also means this conversion to worshiping ODIN as the Chief God took place after he sacrificed himself and took over in reality, not in fiction alone.

Last edited: