• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Muhammad Peaceful? (Respectful Answers Only Please)

Was Muhammad a man of Peace?

• Total voters

Looncall

OF COURSE
Before him women were buried and burnt alive
and HE PBUH eliminate that tradition

So why do we constantly hear of so-called honour killings in muslim countries?

What muslims say and what muslims do seem often at variance.

PVE1

I know Islam does not allow the killing of innocent people. However, most religions don't allow any kind of killing. I find it hard to believe that a prophet of God would be a military general who wrote sutras on the spoils of war. Either God is a loving, peaceful and just God or He is a God of war and violence. There really can't be any in between. Jesus spoke of a vengeful God on the day of judgment, but that God sends rain on the just and unjust. Jesus' God was a loving God, while Muhammad's was a God of violence. So which can it be? I'll take the God of peace.

So why are muslims so busy killing both muslims and non-muslims these days?

Ask those people who are killing innocent ones? but If you see the same thing is doing by christans too.

Americna(mostly christians) had killed thousand and thousand of innocents people in iraq , afghanistan etc even they bombarded whole villages and marriage ceremonies, will you associate it with religion no? and if you count the number of innocent people killed by american bombarded might be 1000 times more then those blamed put on muslims.

I think its mostly a game of politics , there are some people in each society whether say muslim, Christians , jews or some else , who kill innocent people and do bad thing and try to spread mischef in land, so we have to blame those bad people not the religions.

I am sure no religiosn say to kill innocent person , it some people personal doing.

And one thing more you might be surprized by that , people blamed that some muslim terroriest doing that and killing innocnet non muslim , did you know the same terreris killed more muslims then non muslim.

Thousand of Pakistan forces person had been martyred in figthing with those terrories, and thousand of innoncet people who has nothing do to with them also lossed their life

Now, the shocking one for you , that might open you eyes that these types of people are more enemy to muslim then non muslim , see this news
and tell me what you say about this.

http://www.dawn.com/2010/12/13/explosion-targets-school-bus-in-peshawar.html

Our heart cry on these types of thing , and they some people put blame on us , our children are dying and we are facing the blame too.The story above is of attacking shoole bus , even these people (who called them muslims) blast no just one several mosques.

There is more then 500 blast in pakistan in previous year, more then 1 blast a day by there terrorist , these terrorist are just killing innocent muslim in the name of fighting with non muslims. You give me only few prominent blast where few non muslim are targeted, and i can show you hundred of blast in which muslim are killed.

Despite sharing sympity with us , many people just put blame on muslim and not see the reality that these peples are killing muslim , even not left school children. So how can you justify your this wrong behavior with us? We are victims and we are getting blamed.

Our Pakistani Army is fighting with those terroriest, put you people also have to chage you behaviour and see the things on reality , and help us to fight those people. our people/children are getting killed sometime by american airstirke (if this kill one fasle person , it take 10 innocent people with it) and sometime by those terroriest , and we get the blame too?

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Its very sad that there averages 4 suicide attacks in Islamabad a week,the people who carry out these attacks consider themselves as Muslim,the Muslims they kill are considered as non believers,its pretty obvious that Islam in India hasn't done it any good.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
I voted for all three options because Mohammed displayed all three characteristics in his lifetime. He seemed to be a peace loving man for the majority of his lifetime though.

So why are muslims so busy killing both muslims and non-muslims these days?

If I correct you , it both Christan and some Muslims too killing people and unfortunately the majority of victims were Muslims either killed by christain or so called muslims.

why are they killing , ask those people who are killing how can I know why they are killing?

Looncall

If I correct you , it both Christan and some Muslims too killing people and unfortunately the majority of victims were Muslims either killed by christain or so called muslims.

why are they killing , ask those people who are killing how can I know why they are killing?

I sympathize with your distress. However, it is odd that muslims so often proclaim how peaceful they are, yet the most enthusiastic muslims (Saudis, Afghans, taliban etc) are so very violent. I wonder whether, if muslims were not so confident in their religion, their violence would be less.

I suspect that the violence comes from the concept of purity that seems to be so important in islam. That leads to many kinds of cruelty, such as honour killings and the like. If anyone who disagrees in a matter of religion is seen as impure, it is a very short step to deciding that they should be eliminated. As a result, we see muslims attacking not only non-muslims but also other varieties of muslim.

What do you think?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Muhammad was one of the most successful generals and war leaders in history. Obviously, you can be a great warrior or you can be peaceful, but you can't be both.

The idea of Muhammad as a military man will be new to many. Yet he was a truly great general. In the space of a single decade he fought eight major battles, led eighteen raids, and planned another thirty-eight military operations where others were in command but operating under his orders and strategic direction. Wounded twice, he also twice experienced having his positions overrun by superior forces before he managed to turn the tables on his enemies and rally his men to victory. More than a great field general and tactician, he was also a military theorist, organizational reformer, strategic thinker, operational-level combat commander, political-military leader, heroic soldier, and revolutionary. The inventor of insurgency warfare and history's first successful practitioner, Muhammad had no military training before he commanded an army in the field.
history net

With an ill-equipped body of three hundred and thirteen persons, having among them only two horses and seventy camels, the Prophet proceeded to Badr, about eighty miles from Medina, to meet the Meccan army. The forces met on the 17th of the month of Ramadhan, 2 A.H. (624 A.D.). After individual combats according to the custom of the Arabs, between Hamza, 'Ali and Ubaidah (all Hashimites) on the side of the Muslims and Utbah, Shaibah and Walid ibn 'Utbah (all Umayyads) from the Meccan ranks, a pitched battle ensued. The stakes were high. Both forces fought valiantly but the Muslims were animated by holy zeal. In the thick of the battle, the Prophet prayed to God, earnestly beseeching Him thus: "O Lord, forget not Thy promise of assistance! O Lord! If this little band were to perish, there will be none to offer worship unto Thee."
The Muslims got the upper hand. The Meccans were driven back, leaving seventy dead, including a number of their notable chiefs. Out of 70, thirty-five were killed by 'Ali ibn Abi Talib alone. It was his first war. Seventy others were taken prisoners. The Muslim force had lost fourteen men.
pro-Islam propaganda site

Does that sound peaceful to you?

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
"Was Muhammad Peaceful?"

Not to be dismissive of the OP nor disrespectful to its author, but does it really matter at this point whether or not some dead guy was peaceful or not?

And don't get me wrong, I realize Muhammad is a major historical figure and religious icon whom a lot of people, Muslims most obviously, view as being worthy of emulation. So, I guess the argument can be made that this fact alone makes the current question somewhat relevant.

But to that argument, I offer the following counter-statement: If you pattern your life after someone else, dead or living, then I think you are already misguided and it doesn't really matter the character you're striving to imitate. In other words, if you want to be just like Muhammad or Jesus or Thomas Jefferson or Mick Jagger or Payton Manning or anyone other than yourself, then I think you need to rethink who you are.

This is an opinion forum right? So here's mine laid out on this particular topic: There are admirable figures of antiquity who certainly can be looked at as 'role models', but nobody's freakin' perfect. We learn from their trials, their actions and the legends they left behind. We take the good and embrace it while we reject the bad and do our best to denounce it wherever it manifests itself.

If you've made an Idol out of a once living man or woman and you find yourself incapable of honest evaluation and reflection due to your worship of this person, if you are incapable of looking at both their greatness and their flaws with the same discerning objective eye, then you're probably already lost and false in your own beliefs.

I admire William Shakespeare and some of his fine qualities. But I realize he was just another man, and I certainly don't want to be him or even be just like him. I just appreciate his wisdom sometimes:

"To thine ownself be true, then it will follow, as surely as the night follows the day, that to no man, can you then be false."

________----________

mirfan

Hi friends! first of all I believe Muhammad (PBUH) was the most peaceful person I have ever heard or read of (trust me on this I have read of too many people).

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Sure Muhammad was peaceful on occasions... especially after successful military campaigns that crushed opposition to him...

Bismillah

Submit
I suspect that the violence comes from the concept of purity that seems to be so important in islam. That leads to many kinds of cruelty, such as honour killings and the like. If anyone who disagrees in a matter of religion is seen as impure, it is a very short step to deciding that they should be eliminated. As a result, we see muslims attacking not only non-muslims but also other varieties of muslim.

You are wrong on all accounts.

Energy

Seeker
I think he was peaceful. I read stories about his life, and I think he was at least a very progressive man. He treated women better than what was usual at that time. He was against violence, except self-defence. I know he has fought wars, but I don't know enough about that part of his life to have an opinion about it.