• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Muhammad Peaceful? (Respectful Answers Only Please)

Was Muhammad a man of Peace?

• Total voters

Evandr

Stripling Warrior
Act of love my arse. Getting a letter that states how your soul is at stake because your baptism and your priesthood is taken away is not an 'act of love' in my understanding.

In the Qur'an, ultimately, it is between you and God. No one, no imam, no sheikh, no mullah, etc. or even Muhammad has any predecence of the relationship between you and God.

Allah means 'God.' God is God. There is no God but Him alone.

Outer Darkness is still separation from God, and it still is punishment for those who have rejected the 'Gospel of Jesus Christ' in the Afterlife.

And I have read in the Scriptures that the Fire is a metaphor for separation from God.

The Book of Mormon still describes the Outer Darkness like an unquenchable fire... so the idea of separation from God is the same in whatever Scripture you use.

And yet Latter-day Saints have sects and denominations to themselves and curious doctrines and histories that were also bloody. And that's really not an argument.

How about Ahmadis? They have a living imamate that is passed down since Mirza Ghulam Ahmad had restored the simple Truths of the Qur'an to humanity. They have living imams, and living authority, and guidance on how to interpret the Qur'an. They do much humanitarian work around the world and believe in pacifism completely. They take Qur'anic revelation as the next step in their path to God.

Look, I'm not saying that there is no good in Islam or any other religion for there most certainly is and a great deal of it; all I am saying is that there is one God and He has one Gospel and any religion that attempts to segregate the principles of the Gospel into many diverse paths cannot be in a position to rightfully wield the authorized power of the priesthood which is the power of God to seal in Heaven that which is sealed on Earth. You cannot teach something on one side of the street and then go to the other side of the street (or the world) and teach the opposite and still claim that you have it all together in truth. If the purity of the Gospel is not in truth than it is somewhere else and is not of God. Such paths have dead ends. Islam, as well as very nearly every Christian religion, abounds in conflict of doctrine and that alone can and does invalidate them as organizations sanctioned by God to act in His name and teach His doctrines regardless of what you choose to call the great creator of Heaven and Earth and all that is therein. Crying "God, God" or "Allah, Allah" does not somehow make right all that is wrong, validate stark contradiction, and make sense of confusion. Truth does not contradict itself and justice is no respecter of persons; Islam abounds in contradictions of doctrine and double standards for its adherents, and justification for violence; simply refusing to speak the truth or acknowledge the obvious does not effectively deny the reality of what is right in front of us all. Devotion cannot be coerced yet coercion by threat of violence is common place in some Islamic communities; violence is not a hallmark of a peacful religion. Such is not and cannot be the doctrine of God so it is the doctrine born of another source. You cannot chant a fallacy into being the truth.

Look, I'm not saying that there is no good in Islam or any other religion for there most certainly is and a great deal of it; all I am saying is that there is one God and He has one Gospel and any religion that attempts to segregate the principles of the Gospel into many diverse paths cannot be in a position to rightfully wield the authorized power of the priesthood which is the power of God to seal in Heaven that which is sealed on Earth. You cannot teach something on one side of the street and then go to the other side of the street (or the world) and teach the opposite and still claim that you have it all together in truth. If the purity of the Gospel is not in truth than it is somewhere else and is not of God. Such paths have dead ends. Islam, as well as very nearly every Christian religion, abounds in conflict of doctrine and that alone can and does invalidate them as organizations sanctioned by God to act in His name and teach His doctrines regardless of what you choose to call the great creator of Heaven and Earth and all that is therein. Crying "God, God" or "Allah, Allah" does not somehow make right all that is wrong, validate stark contradiction, and make sense of confusion. Truth does not contradict itself and justice is no respecter of persons; Islam abounds in contradictions of doctrine and double standards for its adherents, and justification for violence; simply refusing to speak the truth or acknowledge the obvious does not effectively deny the reality of what is right in front of us all. Devotion cannot be coerced yet coercion by threat of violence is common place in some Islamic communities; violence is not a hallmark of a peacful religion. Such is not and cannot be the doctrine of God so it is the doctrine born of another source. You cannot chant a fallacy into being the truth.

Paragraphs, please!

Let's see. Statement #1: God loveth His children.

Statement #2: Devotion cannot be coerced.

Well, how about the Danites? Blood atonement? The strapping of homosexuals and shock therapy? And don't forget their abandonment in Utah along with the high rate of suicide and homelessness for them. Women being abused in the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

Violence is not the hallmark of a peaceful religion.

With your reasoning, you try to narrow religion down into Latter Day Saint Christianity, of your Church variety as opposed to the Church of Christ Temple Lot, or the Community of Christ, or the Restoration Branches.

The Ahmadi Muslims are just like you. Except that even though they spout propaganda for their Cause, UNLIKE your religious faith, they have never done any group activity of violence or terrorism. They are one of the biggest sects of Islam, and consider themselves true Muslims because they follow pacifism. Here's a blurb from their website, www.real-islam.org

"Please do not remain away from God as His nearness is a real Heaven and a great treasure that one can feel even in this world.

In order to unite the whole mankind under the flag of peace (Islam), the divine reformer of the latter days has come. He is the Mahdi for Muslims, Messiah for Christians and the Krishna for Hindus. Please listen to the call of God and become amongst His loved ones.

Islam, like all true religions, taught Love, Peace and Tolerance in its beginning. They are the unholy scholars of the latter dark ages who attributed hatred, terrorism and violence towards Islam. The Promised Messiah rejected all sorts of hatred, terrorism and violence in the name of God and that is the main reason why he and his followers are unanimously declared Non-Muslims by the terrorists and the so-called Muslim scholars of this dark age."

They have the the Al-Mahdi, who is the imam Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, and he is considered the latter-day imam for this age, and their religion has living imams to guide them on the right path to God. They are well-known for doing humanitarian work and spreading Islam, and are the one group that has translated the Qur'an in more languages than any other Islamic group.

Now I am not arguing that they are right. I am merely stating that your religious claim to truth has too many parallels with other religious groups.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Hey, stop being so obvious, you just made 4 seperate posts and made basically the same grumberling noise in each one. Having thousands of posts in this manner does not validat such grumbeling. But I understand; the world is full of people who think making a noise is the same as making sense; they, like you, would be wrong.

Thank you for your advice, I prefer to decide what to post. If you think my assertion is incorrect, you're welcome to show me wrong. If you think it's uninteresting, you're welcome to ignore it.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Evandr.... This thread is not about what you think god writes in his spare time. Please stick to the purpose of this thread and stop proselytizing. Not only is it rude but it's against the forum rules.

You can tell everyone how much the BoM makes your holy parts tingle in another thread. :D

wa:do