• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Muhammad a good man?

What is your opinion on Muhammad?

• He was a great man and those who insult him must be punished!

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • He was a great man, but people are free to insult him

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • He was not a good man, but we should respect him because I believe in respecting other religions

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • He was a terrible man and we should condemn his awful actions!

Votes: 85 39.5%

• Total voters

Aquitaine

It seems that all of you loves Islam except the marriage of Aisha which is confusing you,
so let me help you here. :)

[youtube]rjtXoUgBR3I[/youtube]
Prophet Muhammad & Mother Aisha marriage *The Absolute Truth* - YouTube

[youtube]FM4IuDVFL3s[/youtube]
Hamza Yusuf - Prophet Muhammad marriage to Aisha - YouTube

[youtube]hE_zypf8DAU[/youtube]
Prophet Muhammad Marriage with Aisha - Jonathan Brown - YouTube

Not that I'm doubting your input or anything, but I'd rather not have to sit through roughly 33 minutes of religious discussion in 3 different videos, presumably by 3 different people.

Could you possibly sum up what these videos are basically saying, in relation to Mohammad and Aisha?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Not that I'm doubting your input or anything, but I'd rather not have to sit through roughly 33 minutes of religious discussion in 3 different videos, presumably by 3 different people.

Could you possibly sum up what these videos are basically saying, in relation to Mohammad and Aisha?

i'm very weak in writing compositions and this job of summing up 3 videos in few words needs an English prof and not me,i aint that strong in English language.

May some one good in English help and write it down to you,sorry.:)

Satnaam

Conquer your mind
How hard is it to explain why it would be right for a 54 years old 'prophet' to have intercourse with a 9 years old pre-pubescent girl? What kind of prophet can not have enough courage to go against prevalent cultural customs even if they are wrong?

WyattDerp

Lol..What does knowing how he feels..make you feel?

How would I know without a reply?

.seems like youve learnt all your lessons from these childrens books..good on you..keep it up.

Whatever makes you feel good, huh? Just type some random keys and call it an argument ^^ You's a big boy!

.whatelse comes across as vicious.. certainly I would expect a person inspired by childrens story books to have a low standard for "viciousness".

So you ask a question, then instantly add some wishful thinking to make sure you won't have to take the answer seriously? Good thing you're not scared or anything, and didn't inadvertently prove my point.

Aquitaine

i'm very weak in writing compositions and this job of summing up 3 videos in few words needs an English prof and not me,i aint that strong in English language.

May some one good in English help and write it down to you,sorry.:)

No worries FearGod, I'll watch those videos when I get the chance :)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
How hard is it to explain why it would be right for a 54 years old 'prophet' to have intercourse with a 9 years old pre-pubescent girl? What kind of prophet can not have enough courage to go against prevalent cultural customs even if they are wrong?

i think Aisha as young and talented which appeared from her major contribution to Islam by memorizing the Sunna to the next generation.

But if investigating the story of prophet PBUH then we can realize that he didn't care about women since he never committed adultery even before Islam at the time when girls were
available all the time and he didn't drink while heavy drinks were available and more over his first wife was older than him and when she died he was so sad and remained without marriage for 10 years,so did he have to wait to think about teenagers in the last few years of his life.

Aquitaine

i think Aisha as young and talented which appeared from her major contribution to Islam by memorizing the Sunna to the next generation.

But if investigating the story of prophet PBUH then we can realize that he didn't care about women since he never committed adultery even before Islam at the time when girls were
available all the time and he didn't drink while heavy drinks were available and more over his first wife was older than him and when she died he was so sad and remained without marriage for 10 years,so did he have to wait to think about teenagers in the last few years of his life.

But didn't Mohammad have like 11 wives at one point, two of them slaves?

Also as Satnaam said earlier, there are verses which depict Aisha playing with dolls when she moved in with Mohammad - hardly seems mature.

What are you talking about?
It's very simple, Muhammad was a pedophile, and because of his disgusting action many and I say MANY child marriages have taken place in the Islamic world. Including Both of my grandparents who were not even teenagers yet when they were married off! That's reality!!

I am so sick of having to "respect" religion because it's the politically correct thing to do, especially having to respect such awful disgusting men like Muhammad because if I don't then I'm making people angry and they're going to start attack embassies!

Monotheist 101

A couple centuries ago child marriages were a normal thing, it was the cultural norm.

Theodora Comnena was aged 13 when she was married King Baldwin III of Jerusalem (1158).
Agnes of France was 12 when, widowed, she was married to Andronicus Comnenus, Byzantine Emperor (1182).

Bianca of Savoy, Duchess of Milan was married aged 13 (1350), and aged 14 when she gave birth to her eldest son, Giangaleazzo (1351).
Caterina Sforza was betrothed aged 9, married aged 14, and gave birth aged 15.
St Elizabeth of Portugal was aged 12 when she was married to King Denis of Portugal and gave birth to three children shortly thereafter.

Beatrice d'Este was betrothed aged 5 and married aged 15.
Lucrezia Borgia was married to her first husband aged 13 and bore a son within a few years.

Child marriage was common in India throughout its history. The British, especially the missionaries fought against it and a tragic event in 1890 pushed the The Age Consent Act of 1891 through.
What was this tragedy?

11 year Phulmani died upon forced sexual intercourse with her 35 year old husband, Hati Mohan Maiti. She bled to death.
This led to the Act which made sexual intercourse with any girl under the age of 12 illegal, regardless of whether they were married or not.

The Prophet marriages are no different than those of Royals of not so long ago.. political marriages of convenience in Islamic history were for the purpose of helping to promote peace between countries or tribes.

Aquitaine

A couple centuries ago child marriages were a normal thing, it was the cultural norm.

Theodora Comnena was aged 13 when she was married King Baldwin III of Jerusalem (1158).
Agnes of France was 12 when, widowed, she was married to Andronicus Comnenus, Byzantine Emperor (1182).

Bianca of Savoy, Duchess of Milan was married aged 13 (1350), and aged 14 when she gave birth to her eldest son, Giangaleazzo (1351).
St Elizabeth of Portugal was aged 12 when she was married to King Denis of Portugal and gave birth to three children shortly thereafter.

Lucrezia Borgia was married to her first husband aged 13 and bore a son within a few years.

Child marriage was common in India throughout its history. The British, especially the missionaries fought against it and a tragic event in 1890 pushed the The Age Consent Act of 1891 through.
What was this tragedy?

11 year Phulmani died upon forced sexual intercourse with her 35 year old husband, Hati Mohan Maiti. She bled to death.
This led to the Act which made sexual intercourse with any girl under the age of 12 illegal, regardless of whether they were married or not.

The Prophet marriages are no different than those of Royals of not so long ago.. political marriages of convenience in Islamic history were for the purpose of helping to promote peace between countries or tribes.

None of the above people were "Prophets". When one is a representative of an all-powerfull, all-just, all-mercifull God - then quite frankly anything other than total uplifting of a society's backwards cultural norms should be expected. Pedophilia and Child Marriage is not something I expect a Man of God to bow down to. Unless you believe Allah approves of marrying 6 year olds?

Satnaam

Conquer your mind

Muhammad married a much older, rich widow Khadija to get power and status. It is true that he did not marry during the time she was alive, but that was perhaps out of fear. How else would you explain several wives after her death?
According to Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 33, Muhammad married Aysha three years (and not TEN) after Khadija died. And during the time Aysha wasn't bethroted to Muhammad yet, he married Umm Salama.

What about his several concubines or war slaves like Reyhana? What kind of prophet allows slaves? Women kept and distributed as war booty?

I love it when Muslims try to defend Islam by bringing up the same disgusting acts in other cultures and religions. Two wrongs don't make a right, if your religion is binding forever then your God would've made the laws forever as well, they are not to be changed, that's the main thing about Islam. Muhammad was supposedly a role model for all men and all generations to come. It's now outdated and you're all starting to look like idiots. Most Christians and Jews realized this a long time ago and started to give up on their religions, some still follow it, albeit a more reformed and completely change dversion, and thus not really following the religion any more.

What was this tragedy?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
May i ask all of you one question ?

What are your effective evidences that Mohammed PBUH married Aisha at age 6,5 or 2.

Satnaam

Conquer your mind
In my previous posts I have mentioned where you can find the exact references. Faithfreedom.org would be a good start for you.

"Muhammad married Safiya after murdering her father, torturing to death her husband and massacring her entire tribe. He married Juwariyah after raiding her people, massacring the men and robbing their wealth and taking the women and children as slaves. He took Rayhana, the 15 year old Jewish girl of Bani Quraiza after massacring all them men and boys who had reached puberty of her tribe and took all the women and children as slaves."

Satnaam

Conquer your mind
FearGod, you say that Muhammad didn't marry 10 years after Khadijas death, prove that.

It is a fact that Muhammad married Sawda Bint Zama days after Khadijas death, and Aysha within three years.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
In my previous posts I have mentioned where you can find the exact references. Faithfreedom.org would be a good start for you.

"Muhammad married Safiya after murdering her father, torturing to death her husband and massacring her entire tribe. He married Juwariyah after raiding her people, massacring the men and robbing their wealth and taking the women and children as slaves. He took Rayhana, the 15 year old Jewish girl of Bani Quraiza after massacring all them men and boys who had reached puberty of her tribe and took all the women and children as slaves."

:biglaugh:

Do you call that an effective evidence. :areyoucra