• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Muhammad a good man?

What is your opinion on Muhammad?

• He was a great man and those who insult him must be punished!

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • He was a great man, but people are free to insult him

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • He was not a good man, but we should respect him because I believe in respecting other religions

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • He was a terrible man and we should condemn his awful actions!

Votes: 85 39.5%

• Total voters

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
It is not wrong if she is not under age and if the act is not socially wrong. So based on what you are saying it is wrong.

Dontuse the bible arguement. When I look at it I see incest and a prophet who was alcoholic. Both of which are not true.

Do you pick and choose from the Koran what you like and dislike just as you do the Bible?

I won't bother asking about the Hadiths because you have to with them.

Sabour

When anyone wants to comment on some reply of mine, please do track down the conversation and check why I mentioned what I said and than come to conclusions.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
When anyone wants to comment on some reply of mine, please do track down the conversation and check why I mentioned what I said and than come to conclusions.

So, no answer at all?
Kinda defeats your chosen screen name, does it not?

here it is again so you do not have to scroll back up:
Do you pick and choose from the Koran what you like and dislike just as you do the Bible?

I won't bother asking about the Hadiths because you have to with them.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Which God? Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Zoroastrians, Pagans, Baha'is, Wiccans, Mormons, all claim to have experiences from their gods as well. Hundreds of millions of them would have to be wrong as well for you to be right. The odds are not in your favor either.
The odds are in my favor. These "Gods" are mutually exclusive. It is not all of them against mine. It is all of them against each other. Mine is the largest but that is not really what I am talking about. You said we can't know there is a God. I said we most certainly can or potentially can in Christianity. Unlike most of these other faiths there are not even universal doctrinal promises of an experience with a deity. Mine guarantees and demands it. So for you "there is the potentiality" and for the hundreds of millions of Christians who are born again we can experience God directly. Those numbers far outnumber claims to experience in any other faith, ever. You do not have the slightest hint of a reason to suggest I nor anyone else cannot personably experience God, so you original statement is wrong.

If Muhammad was God or a prophet - is it not he should be a BLESSED & HOLY MAN?? Why at the age of 25, he did not get a spinster /young girl?? that his first marriage was to Khatija, who was a rich MARRIED(TWICE) merchant lady, and Muhammad was the THIRD HUSBAND TO HER. After that he married 12 children/ladies, why??? I am a married lady for last 26 years, but I will not bear to see my husband even looking at any other lady, leave about marrying anyone, then how much Muhammad must have hurt the feelings of those 13 children/ladies whom he married?? I have read on the internet that Aisha used to always speak about Khatija to Muhammad, and Muhammad used to always praise Khatija, and Aisha used to feel about it. AND MUHAMMAD IS CONSIDERED TO BE GOD/PROPHET - How can anyone think of following such a GOD/PROPHET??? - I am a HINDU CONVERT TO CATHOLIC, I am still in search of TRUTH, which I found in CATHOLIC RELIGION, Hence, I have posted my above query - I had asked some Highly Muslim devotees 5-times namazis - but when I had asked them my above doubt, they were highly furious about the above questions asked to them - they literally fought with me, stopped talking to me, they cheated me with the money which I had given to them to keep in good faith - is it that I had hurted them with my HONEST QUESTIONS, even I ask your'll before hand to forgive me if my above questions are hurting - please if you don't mind please answer my doubts.God Bless you

GODis1

Marrying four wives is okay. What we are talking about here isn't force. All the four women are willingly there. So that doesn't need your consent or anyone else's. I understand you dont want to respect someone marrying a kid. Yes I wouldnt too.
The other thing is, Muhammed is a prophet as is jesus. They are sinless. Muhamed didnt create islam. God did. He was chosen to teach and spread the word. So to be brief religions aren't someone's ideas . It's the way God wants his creation to follow.

mahasn ebn sawresho

Marrying four wives is okay. What we are talking about here isn't force. All the four women are willingly there. So that doesn't need your consent or anyone else's. I understand you dont want to respect someone marrying a kid. Yes I wouldnt too.
The other thing is, Muhammed is a prophet as is jesus. They are sinless. Muhamed didnt create islam. God did. He was chosen to teach and spread the word. So to be brief religions aren't someone's ideas . It's the way God wants his creation to follow.

Do you want to say that Muhammad is like Jesus
There is no comparison between them
God not send someone like Mohamed was fatal and was sexually
Jesus was not a prophet
Christ the Savior
There is a difference between a prophet and a Savior
Therefore don't provide admin with Christ in one basket
Cannot be combined with the offender and the faithful in one basket
I reject this comparison
For more search book called the comparison between Muhammad and Jesus

mahasn ebn sawresho

If Muhammad was God or a prophet - is it not he should be a BLESSED & HOLY MAN?? Why at the age of 25, he did not get a spinster /young girl?? that his first marriage was to Khatija, who was a rich MARRIED(TWICE) merchant lady, and Muhammad was the THIRD HUSBAND TO HER. After that he married 12 children/ladies, why??? I am a married lady for last 26 years, but I will not bear to see my husband even looking at any other lady, leave about marrying anyone, then how much Muhammad must have hurt the feelings of those 13 children/ladies whom he married?? I have read on the internet that Aisha used to always speak about Khatija to Muhammad, and Muhammad used to always praise Khatija, and Aisha used to feel about it. AND MUHAMMAD IS CONSIDERED TO BE GOD/PROPHET - How can anyone think of following such a GOD/PROPHET??? - I am a HINDU CONVERT TO CATHOLIC, I am still in search of TRUTH, which I found in CATHOLIC RELIGION, Hence, I have posted my above query - I had asked some Highly Muslim devotees 5-times namazis - but when I had asked them my above doubt, they were highly furious about the above questions asked to them - they literally fought with me, stopped talking to me, they cheated me with the money which I had given to them to keep in good faith - is it that I had hurted them with my HONEST QUESTIONS, even I ask your'll before hand to forgive me if my above questions are hurting - please if you don't mind please answer my doubts.God Bless you
Acts of Muhammad written in the Qur'an and the acts of Christ is written in the Gospel
Make a comparison between them and the hottest thing right
Muhammad married his adopted daughter's husband
Zaid Ibn Haritha is
Do you accept Hinduism the marriage
Mohammed married a girl murdered
It killed her husband
And he married her
The Jewish wife of son real
And also his marriage to Aisha permission cannot say that Mohammed is like Christ
Muhammad ordered the fight
Mohammed before booty
And it divided the spoils among his followers
Booty they stole funds people helpless after the war
In Islam women also spoils are divided
I leave you in abaki

outhouse

Atheistically
The other thing is, Muhammed is a prophet as is jesus.

False

They were both factually men.

They are sinless.

Unsubstantiated to the point honesty is questioned.

We know muhammad was a warrior with blood on his hands.

And Jesus we don't have enough historicity to give any credible details of his personal life

Muhamed didnt create islam.

We could say Judaism and chrsitians started it

And your warrior pedophile plagiarized it from there. It makes me sick the people that condone this.

unsubstantiated

No evidence what so ever

And what evidence we do have points to ONLY man created it.

So to be brief religions aren't someone's ideas .

factually wrong

Every aspect of every religion was written down by man and man alone.

Only a mans hand his paper or papyrus or clay, and that is a fact. :yes:

1robin

Christian/Baptist
We could say Judaism and chrsitians started it
Actually the weird thing here is that Allah created the Christian faith if the Quran was true but thought it a practical joke for 500 years. It says he allowed it to appear that Christ was killed on the cross. He literally created Christianity then did not straighten out his own lie for generations. I am sure glad there is no good reasons to think Allah exists.

outhouse

Atheistically
Actually the weird thing here is that Allah created the Christian faith if the Quran was true but thought it a practical joke for 500 years. It says he allowed it to appear that Christ was killed on the cross. He literally created Christianity then did not straighten out his own lie for generations. I am sure glad there is no good reasons to think Allah exists.

Anyone can look at this picture and see reality in one hand and fantasy in the other.

And then see who is using which hand, less the group living in fantasy.

How so many people are blinded beyond logic and reason and truth, is beyond me.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Anyone can look at this picture and see reality in one hand and fantasy in the other.

And then see who is using which hand, less the group living in fantasy.

How so many people are blinded beyond logic and reason and truth, is beyond me.

I have never understood it, but cognitive dissonance may be the most powerful social force in the universe. I have to fight hard to detect and resist it and am never totally successful even personally knowing full well it's stealth and power. Islam to me seems to be one of the worst case examples and one in which there is so little merit to justify the bias. Few things are less worthy of gambling on their being true. I guess were straying a bit here so I will leave it here.

outhouse

Atheistically
Islam to me seems to be one of the worst case examples and one in which there is so little merit to justify the bias. .

Here is the problem I see.

90% is peaceful and teaches good morals, it has more positive aspects then negative.

So it has merit that is justifiable. But to me I think it has ran its course "as is" and the religion should not be static to the ignorance of ancient men.

Its high time to evolve the concept forward in my opinion.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

90% is peaceful and teaches good morals, it has more positive aspects then negative.

So it has merit that is justifiable. But to me I think it has ran its course "as is" and the religion should not be static to the ignorance of ancient men.

I'd say that 80-90% of the people are moderate and have good morals. But those people didn't get their morals from their scripture. They had the morals beforehand and needed those morals to carefully and painfully extract a few examples of good morals from the scripture.

Scimitar

Eschatologist
that's your opinion, not a fact that has been measured via consensus. And I say, the opposite is true... doesn't make it a fact - just an opinion, Ice.

Scimi

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I'd say that 80-90% of the people are moderate and have good morals. But those people didn't get their morals from their scripture. They had the morals beforehand and needed those morals to carefully and painfully extract a few examples of good morals from the scripture.
Christianity and Christ have had more of a moral impact on culture than any concept in human history. Not only have hundreds of millions adopted the greatest virtues possible from scripture, more than any similar group they have suffered to practice them in the interest of helping others world wide.

"The character of Jesus has not only been the highest pattern of virtue, but the strongest incentive to its practice, and has exerted so deep an influence, that it may be truly said, that the simple record of three short years of active life has done more to regenerate and to soften mankind, than all the disquisitions of philosophers and than all the exhortations of moralists."
William Lecky One of Britain’s greatest secular historians.

He was the meekest and lowliest of all the sons of men, yet he spoke of coming on the clouds of heaven with the glory of God. He was so austere that evil spirits and demons cried out in terror at his coming, yet he was so genial and winsome and approachable that the children loved to play with him, and the little ones nestled in his arms. His presence at the innocent gaiety of a village wedding was like the presence of sunshine.

No one was half so compassionate to sinners, yet no one ever spoke such red hot scorching words about sin. A bruised reed he would not break, his whole life was love, yet on one occasion he demanded of the Pharisees how they ever expected to escape the damnation of hell. He was a dreamer of dreams and a seer of visions, yet for sheer stark realism He has all of our stark realists soundly beaten. He was a servant of all, washing the disciples feet, yet masterfully He strode into the temple, and the hucksters and moneychangers fell over one another to get away from the mad rush and the fire they saw blazing in His eyes. He saved others, yet at the last Himself He did not save. There is nothing in history like the union of contrasts which confronts us in the gospels. The mystery of Jesus is the mystery of divine personality.
Scottish Theologian James Stuart

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I'd say Muhammed was good at land deals:

Sahih Bukhari 4:53:392 While we were in the mosque, the Prophet came out and said, "Let us go to the Jews." We went out till we reached Bait-ul-Midras. He said to them, "If you embrace Islam, you will be safe. You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and I want to expel you from this land. So, if anyone amongst you owns some property, he is permitted to sell it. Otherwise, you should know that the Earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle."

1robin

Christian/Baptist

To what do you refer exactly?