• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Mary a wife unto God?

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Surely, that is figurative, not literal. Otherwise god becomes a polygamist.
And it does not attempt to answer the question the OP asked. Was Mary the wife of god? If so, then she committed adultery with Joseph. If not, then Jesus would be a ******* child. Don't mean to sound harsh, but that would be the correct word in any other instance.

I'm going to let you go on thinking whatever you want to think.

lostwanderingsoul

This is interesting because many people say Mary is the mother of God. But she is also the mother of Jesus who is called the Son of God. So Mary's child is also the father of Mary's child. God is the father of Jesus who is also God.

rusra02

Premium Member
It appears to me you are making assumptions based on what does not appear in Paul's letters. The four gospels adequately covered all these events you mentioned. And Paul was not an eyewitness to those events. He did speak of events in Jesus life, including the memorial meal the night before his death.(1 Corinthians 11:23-25) Paul also mentions other events in Jesus life. The books written under inspiration by God from Peter and James likewise contain little about the events of Jesus life, and for the same reason. That was not the purpose of these divinely inspired letters. Again, I find your argument unconvincing.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
And it does not attempt to answer the question the OP asked. Was Mary the wife of god? If so, then she committed adultery with Joseph. If not, then Jesus would be a ******* child. Don't mean to sound harsh, but that would be the correct word in any other instance.
Your argument is reasonable. Mary is mother of Jesus not of any made-up-god.
Regards

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator

If Mary was not a wife unto god, then Jesus was not son of god, literally and physically.
Is there a Christian who considers Mary a wife unto god? Please
Regards
Mary was never married to god. God raped her and got her pregnant when she was 12 years old.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

G-d doesn't need a wife or a son or a daughter. Why He should need one? Please
Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe that is incorrect. Mary would have had to have had sex with God and that did not happen.

I believe that would be so but Joseph legitimized the child by marrying Mary and accepting the child as his son. I watched an episode of the Tudors where King Henry III legitimized his ******* son. The only son he had by the queen died very young.

JJ50

Mary was a young girl who got pregnant before she had a ring on her finger. In my opinion, the virgin birth nonsense was just a story put about by the gospel writers to explain her son's conception, which would have been condemned in those days!

pearl

It appears to me you are making assumptions based on what does not appear in Paul's letters. The four gospels adequately covered all these events you mentioned. And Paul was not an eyewitness to those events. He did speak of events in Jesus life, including the memorial meal the night before his death.(1 Corinthians 11:23-25) Paul also mentions other events in Jesus life. The books written under inspiration by God from Peter and James likewise contain little about the events of Jesus life, and for the same reason. That was not the purpose of these divinely inspired letters. Again, I find your argument unconvincing.

Paul doesn't even mention Mary by name, simply states Jesus 'born of a woman'. For all the attention we give to Mary she is mentioned but a few times throughout the NT.

pearl

Mary was a young girl who got pregnant before she had a ring on her finger. In my opinion, the virgin birth nonsense was just a story put about by the gospel writers to explain her son's conception, which would have been condemned in those days!

There was a charge of illegitimacy. Matthew informs us of the rumor that Mary's pregnancy was adulterous. According to Matthew's logic there was no way of disguising the fact that Jesus would be born indecently early. There was most certainly a story in circulation of the time. If not, no evangelist would make up a story so scandalous.
In the infancy narratives the story of Jesus beginnings, the descent of Jesus from the mystery of God, is depicted almost entirely in the words of the OT.

David T

Premium Member
Every child born is equally innocent and sinless.
All children born under wedlock have "immaculate conception". Please
Regards
G-d needs no sexual relationship. It is requirement of His created animates, for longevity. G-d is Eternal and Un-created and the Creator. Please
Regards
That's as extremely convenient point of objectivity you have created outside of reality for yourself. It allows you to vicariously proclaim not be God and make silly statements about reality like it's a puppet show. Your " created animates" statement is odd to say the least.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
G-d needs no sexual relationship. It is requirement of His created animates, for longevity. G-d is Eternal and Un-created and the Creator. Please
Regards
That's as extremely convenient point of objectivity you have created outside of reality for yourself. It allows you to vicariously proclaim not be God and make silly statements about reality like it's a puppet show. Your " created animates" statement is odd to say the least.
"G-d needs no sexual relationship. It is requirement of His created animates, for longevity. G-d is Eternal and Un-created and the Creator."

"But -- reproduction as the answer to life's meaning cannot be dismissed quite so easily. Genetic evolution is the meaning of biologic life, in that it is the why and how of it, as well as the stock of future biological existence. The genes that survive -- and in turn the organisms they make -- are the winners in the existence game. Can we just dismiss this when considering the meaning of our own individual human lives? Sure, evolution itself does not have a specific direction or teleology, and genes themselves are not conscious, so there is not meaning in that sense. But evolution cannot just be shrugged off as something apart from us, take it or leave it. It is the biological explanation of who we are, how we got here, and the diversity of life. Over billions of years, life left the oceans, stretched limbs to cover the earth, raised wings to fly. Underlying it all are the replicating molecules that continue to copy themselves even now. We owe our existence to this process, and our future depends on it. Perhaps the meaning of your life as a biological creature is to make babies and help ensure the survival of life."
Is the Meaning of Your Life to Make Babies?

Please
Regards

David T

Premium Member
paarsurrey said:
Regards

"G-d needs no sexual relationship. It is requirement of His created animates, for longevity. G-d is Eternal and Un-created and the Creator."

"But -- reproduction as the answer to life's meaning cannot be dismissed quite so easily. Genetic evolution is the meaning of biologic life, in that it is the why and how of it, as well as the stock of future biological existence. The genes that survive -- and in turn the organisms they make -- are the winners in the existence game. Can we just dismiss this when considering the meaning of our own individual human lives? Sure, evolution itself does not have a specific direction or teleology, and genes themselves are not conscious, so there is not meaning in that sense. But evolution cannot just be shrugged off as something apart from us, take it or leave it. It is the biological explanation of who we are, how we got here, and the diversity of life. Over billions of years, life left the oceans, stretched limbs to cover the earth, raised wings to fly. Underlying it all are the replicating molecules that continue to copy themselves even now. We owe our existence to this process, and our future depends on it. Perhaps the meaning of your life as a biological creature is to make babies and help ensure the survival of life."
Is the Meaning of Your Life to Make Babies?

Please
Regards
You dont get out much eh! Hiking great activity, vast majority of my free time out hiking trees are genius'. !!!!