• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus Death Predetermined By God?

TDselector

Is God an Alternative Fact?
Oh look, another science-denier posting on the internet on a computer or hand-held device powered by channelled or stored electricity.

If you want a way to destroy irony meters en masse, this is the best way to do it.

If you understood what "science" is would you understand that it is an advance practice of reading tea leaves by using data to confirm its speculations, i.e., theories. See: Assumed Higgs Boson

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
If you understood what "science" is would you understand that it is an advance practice of reading tea leaves by using data to confirm its speculations, i.e., theories. See: Assumed Higgs Boson

Funny how this "advance practice of reading tea leaves" has improved more lives as well as our understanding of the Universe around us more than the genuine practice of reading tea leaves.

If you really believe science is such a failure then log off the internet, shut down your computer, go live in the hills and stop using any form of technology that isn't a sharp bit of stone tied to a stick.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
When Jesus hung on the cross, he was prohibited from conducting a direct selection in order to continue his existence. Does his death confirm the outcome of the Final Selection Thought Experiment (see link) was predetermined?
the article was flawed
if you awake unable to move....the final selection was dealt as you slept
you didn't get a say in the matter

as for Jesus getting condemned.......
His ministry set Him at odds with the powers that be in His travels

and pronouncing the "golden rule" in the face of the Pharisees......
set the end of His ministry in motion

DavidFirth

I prefer to ask why Jesus died on the cross in the first place and what happened after he died on the cross? These are much more compelling questions.

TDselector

Funny how this "advance practice of reading tea leaves" has improved more lives as well as our understanding of the Universe around us more than the genuine practice of reading tea leaves.

If you really believe science is such a failure then log off the internet, shut down your computer, go live in the hills and stop using any form of technology that isn't a sharp bit of stone tied to a stick.

Science is not dogma, hence, why discoveries are necessary. Unfortunately, it is fundamentally flawed because it assumes being successful at guessing (theories) means that guessing is knowledge. Fortunately, since it is not dogma, it can advance by being inclusive of how Nature allows mankind to learn in the first place. Which came first, thoughts (theories, mathematics, philosophy, etc.) or the brain? If the brain cannot continue its existence without the ability to select then clearly our thoughts do not supersede reality.

TDselector

What facts? You gathered no data and performed no experiments for that article.

Our existence provides the simple fact that not a single human being can exist without the ability to select. The same holds true for elementary particle collisions and their byproducts. If you data then you must first select to obtain any and all data from the past, present, or future. Think about it.

TDselector

the article was flawed
if you awake unable to move....the final selection was dealt as you slept
you didn't get a say in the matter

as for Jesus getting condemned.......
His ministry set Him at odds with the powers that be in His travels

and pronouncing the "golden rule" in the face of the Pharisees......
set the end of His ministry in motion

"...you didn't get a say in the matter" BINGO! This is what makes a selection origin of states of existence and why you die trying to prove otherwise, a.k.a., Jesus Christ.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Christianity, Jewish and Muslim faiths are all based on one assumption, i.e., the God theory. If God is truly a supreme being then God cannot be, without exception, subservient to anything else. This means that if our existence is indeed "God Given" then everyone can conduct the Final Selection Thought Experiment in real life and continue their "God Given" existence. Jesus tested his existence in real life against the laws that govern our existence and lost.

So much for the validity of a "supreme being".
What on earth are you talking about? That's a world salad not a sound argument, it is not even coherent as far as I can tell.

TDselector

What on earth are you talking about? That's a world salad not a sound argument, it is not even coherent as far as I can tell.

You can confirm without ambiguity or exception that your very own existence is NOT govern by a God. See link: Final Selection Thought Experiment

The Nature of our reality has proven that the theory of a deity that governs our existence (God) to be false or at best an erroneous fantasy.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
You can confirm without ambiguity or exception that your very own existence is NOT govern by a God. See link: Final Selection Thought Experiment

The Nature of our reality has proven that the theory of a deity that governs our existence (God) to be false or at best an erroneous fantasy.
Among a long list of bad arguments against God this one is at the bottom. No offence but I do not think I wish to continue our discussion.

TDselector

Among a long list of bad arguments against God this one is at the bottom. No offence but I do not think I wish to continue our discussion.

I agree, it is indeed a "bad argument" to debate the legitimacy of a supreme being governing our existence when the Nature of our reality can clearly show without ambiguity that the two acts of selection supersede anything else governing our existence.

Sanzbir

There's a lot in the book written up to the fact that indicates God has foreknowledge of Jesus' future death.

There are people who take that to mean this was predetermined, but I don't think that idea makes sense.

For example, I can tell you how the most recent episode of Game of Thrones ends before you watch it, but that does not mean that I caused it to happen that way.

There is a difference between knowing something is going to happen and causing it to happen.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
as I read the text....I noticed...

He turned His face to heaven and said.......
Why?......have you forsaken Me

I was struck by the quote.

God and heaven stood silent in His last hour.

to know the Spirit....and the Spirit supports all that you say and do...
and then to hear nothing of comfort
when you need it for yourself.............................

and if God and heaven would stand silent as the Son of God would die

what then of me?