• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus Christ Born a Christian?

Was Jesus Christ born a Christian?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No

Votes: 33 94.3%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Well, yes, I agree, ...as I stated, '...most importantly, belief in his Messianic fulfillment'.
That being, as you said, he died, in one form or another, for our sins - my belief is that he abrogated the Levitical Law which held all men accountable, who seek to please God: Jews and proselytes alike.
I say this as opposed to Penal Substitution or Christus Victor or Ransom, or any other atonement theories out there.
I always find it deeply amusing when christians come out and say that Jesus abrogated the law, when it is crystal clear that Jesus said the very opposite.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Simple poll. Anyone can respond.

He was born as the Christ and was sent from heaven as the Christ. He knew when He was 12 years old, that He had been sent by God. (Luke 2: 42-51)
Jesus knew He was coming to earth and it seems He had to adjust His behaviour while a human to do the will of His Father. He humbled Himself and was not arrogant about whom He was and had to trust in God, as any human should. As a human He was weak as we all are and gradually learnt more as He grew older. When He was baptised, that is when God gave Him the annointing to be perform His ministry, to preach and do miracles etc.

Psalm 22:9 Yet you brought me out of the womb;
you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.
10 From birth I was cast on you;
from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

Philippians 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

DNB

Christian
I always find it deeply amusing when christians come out and say that Jesus abrogated the law, when it is crystal clear that Jesus said the very opposite.
You're right, he did, extremely firmly and unambiguously.
But, he also granted the gentiles mercy based on their faith (Matthew 15:22-28, Luke 7:1-10), and spoke of a change in the Levitical practices John 4:21-24).

Both the Book of Hebrews and the Pauline epistles comprehensively elaborate on both the obsolete nature of the Law to permanently forgive sins, and the fact of its abrogation after Christ's ascension to heaven.

The law was still enacted during Christ's lifetime, and that was part of his mission - to emphasize the austerity of the law, and the futility in trying to fulfill it 100%.

But, after his death, the final atonement (Yom Kippur), the law has been rescinded, ...and the temple was completely destroyed approximately 40 years later, if that may offer a sign as to God's auspice on the matter, to further underscore Paul and the author of Hebrew's insights?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Jesus/Yeshua- the truthful righteous Israelite Messiah was never a Christian when he was born, the Christians know it very well, right?
It is the like Jacob was a righteous person and hence was given the title "Israel" by G-d but he never claimed to be an Israelite, please, right?

Regards

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Jesus/Yeshua- the truthful righteous Israelite Messiah was never a Christian when he was born, the Christians know it very well, right?
It is the like Jacob was a righteous person and hence was given the title "Israel" by G-d but he never claimed to be an Israelite, please, right?

Regards
Jesus, from birth to death, was a Jew. Not a Christian. Not a Muslim.