• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus Christ An Enlightened Being?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Was Christ enlightened much like Buddha, the only difference being time and place?

pexels-florian-chefai-6457911.jpg
Photo by Florian Chefai from Pexels

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Thich Nhat Hanh has written a couple of books that you may be interested in:

Living Buddha, Living Christ

and

Going Home: Jesus and Buddha as Brothers

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Was Christ enlightened much like Buddha, the only difference being time and place?

View attachment 46871
According to my Master, Jesus became one with God
First Jesus was a Messenger of God, later realized He was the Son of God, and finally He declared "I and my Father are One"

So, your question "was Jesus Christ an enligtened Being?" I can't tell you for sure; just hearsay
I can only tell you "I believe Jesus Christ was an enlightened Being", who even reached the highest

Last edited:

WalterTrull

Godfella
I would think someone proficient in calculus could be considered "enlightened" vis a vis (don't you love that phrase - goosebumps) mathematics.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is what I believe. The stories about him by his followers, were the language of myth in order to communicate the higher, deeper, and more subtle truths about Awakening, or being "born again" and seeing God.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
All religions seem to begin as cults it seems unless they stretch back to pre-history (they might have even began as cults then). I don't really see christianity deviating from that pattern, and instead it seems to embody it wholly.

Jesus seems like a cult leader to me.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Based on what's written in the NT? I vote: no.

Ignoring the NT, there's no way to tell who or what he was.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
From the perspective I hold, Zoroaster, Rama, Krishna, Buddha, Muhammad and Jesus are the One Avatar who takes birth again and again with different names in different times and places to propel the universe and especially humanity forward.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

View attachment 46871

I love this mosaic. It is in the Duomo of Monreale, in Sicily.:)
Many historians who analyze facts scientiphically believe in the historical Jesus.
Even atheists recognize he might have been a spiritual guide and a healer.
Not that different than Buddha, imho.