• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus a vegetarian?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Maize said:
I can look at things like broccoli, green leafy lettuce, brussel sprouts, onions, fruits and beans and see the life and energy they have that transfers to me when I eat it, but when I look at a dead animal, all I see is a rotting corpse.

:clap Well said! Meat is dead food. Leave a piece of meat outside overnight and compare it to a vegetable left outside overnight.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Hema said:
:clap Well said! Meat is dead food. Leave a piece of meat outside overnight and compare it to a vegetable left outside overnight.

all the more reason to hurry up and eat the hamburger :D

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Hema said:
To have dead animal flesh rotting inside me? Hah! I don't think so!

hehe, but it's sooo tasty lol

(please don't get offended or upset, i'm just jokin' about:D )

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
[
quote=Maize]As some of you know, I am a vegetarian and this is something that is very important in my life. While I'm not Christian, I certainly try to follow Jesus' example of love, compassion and mercy and those things are part of the reason I do not consume meat. So, I find it interesting that when I tell people I am vegetarian and the various reasons why I am, I get the most resistance and even outrage from those who claim to follow Jesus' teachings, which is very confusing to me.
Matt 7:18 So He said to them, "Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him, 19 because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, *thus purifying all foods?" 20 And He said, "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within and defile a man."

Also, it has been said to me on more than one occasion that according to the Bible, God gave Man animals to eat and to do with as he pleased and that by not eating them, one is going against the will of God. Any thoughts on this? Do you believe that's true?
There is a list of anim,als in the old testament that God called unclean but than as the verse above He says it is not what you eat that makes you unclean.

Lastly, I know that other religions believe in not eating meat and I'm interested in hearing about those religions and there reasons for being vegetarian, or having a mostly vegetarian diet.
Remember that it is not by works ,practices,rituals,abstainance that a man is saved from His sins,it is faith in God,than the holy Spirit will work on you.
If what you eat,drink or do cause others to stumble than that is sin

kellyjaz

Is jesus pbuh the only person you look for to find peace,love and compassion?

I am not a vegeterian, but i like vegeterians. it's amazing how they care for animals.

GoldenDragon

roli said:
[

There is a list of anim,als in the old testament that God called unclean but than as the verse above He says it is not what you eat that makes you unclean.

Levitucus chapter 11. I just searched this up not too long ago.