• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus a sexual being?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Earlier today I was thinking to myself: Does God have a sexual orientation?

My first thoughts: I don’t think he does as he is incorporeal

He is only a “he” by convention. Forget it and move on.

However - what if we accept Jesus is God? Did (indeed, “does”) Jesus have a sexual orientation?

He’d have had to, even if his orientation was “asexual”

I think he was asexual in the sense that he was not a sexual being - with urges, desires, drives

First of all, he was free from sin - sexuality produces sin

Secondly, there is no evidence he was married (which was the only legit way of being sexual in that time and place)

Also, there is no evidence he ever had sexual/romantic feelings towards anyone

So no, I don’t think Jesus was a sexual being

Indeed I think if he was a sexual being that would have seriously undermined his ministry

I think he went to the cross as a virgin and was never in love or in a relationship

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Earlier today I was thinking to myself: Does God have a sexual orientation?

My first thoughts: I don’t think he does as he is incorporeal

He is only a “he” by convention. Forget it and move on.

However - what if we accept Jesus is God? Did (indeed, “does”) Jesus have a sexual orientation?

He’d have had to, even if his orientation was “asexual”

I think he was asexual in the sense that he was not a sexual being - with urges, desires, drives

First of all, he was free from sin - sexuality produces sin

Secondly, there is no evidence he was married (which was the only legit way of being sexual in that time and place)

Also, there is no evidence he ever had sexual/romantic feelings towards anyone

So no, I don’t think Jesus was a sexual being

Indeed I think if he was a sexual being that would have seriously undermined his ministry

I think he went to the cross as a virgin and was never in love or in a relationship

Jesus could have been gay, straight, bisexual, asexual, etc. No one knows. His behaviors are besides the point.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
He was supposedly just working with Joseph as a carpenter and it wasn't interesting enough to write about. Lol.
Are you saying that an entity that you consider to be god had led, at some point in his life, a boring life? Blasphemy! :eek::D
And that man isn't supposed to learn anything from that? Double blasphemy! :p

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you saying that an entity that you consider to be god had led, at some point in his life, a boring life? Blasphemy! :eek::D
And that man isn't supposed to learn anything from that? Double blasphemy! :p
To be fair, if the Christian Scripture were basically just a manual on how to make wooden furniture it would be much more useful to me lol.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
To be fair, if the Christian Scripture were basically just a manual on how to make wooden furniture it would be much more useful to me lol.
On one hand, I think it would be fascinating to get info on Second Temple Era woodcraft, but on the other hand, I very much doubt that over billions of people would take the time to preserve such a text for thousands of years.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
On one hand, I think it would be fascinating to get info on Second Temple Era woodcraft, but on the other hand, I very much doubt that over billions of people would take the time to preserve such a text for thousands of years.
Post 1: Was Jesus a sexual being?
Post 14: Second Temple Era Woodcraft.

-RF.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
It produces sinners, ergo a lot of additional sin, and CO2, I guess

Ciao

- viole
Any law produces violators of a law... but to say that sexuality produces sin would be wrong. My 3 children and their spouses are sexuality beings but it never created them sinners.