• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus a Bodhisattva

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
From the Baha'i perspective Kenosis can not be deined rom the human perspective.

in order to descend the divine nature has to become human, or mundane. the avatar kalki is a good example of this idea. otherwise humanity couldn't relate to it. there are no favorites in this process. having come to this terrestrial state, that spirit can become enmeshed in that density or distortion by illusion of self vs otherness. it would have to continually repeat the incarnating cycles, or reciprocate; so long as it becomes attached to a personality/ego, or terrestrial state/distortion. the serpent lies dormant at the bottom of the tree, gnawing at the root continually. job likens it to a worm that never dies. having emptied, or overcome that conditional state, then the spirit of god, or will, fills up unconditionally. there are those that descend into the confusion and walk the labyrinth and unfortunately become lost. jesus came, like they, to help lift them back up to the place from whence they forgot. when the serpent ascends, nehushtan, then nagaraja lifts up its head because salvation is at hand.

it leads to the same process. its like the water in the creek doesn't know that it is part of the ocean. it only sees itself as relative to space and time and the ocean is far far away and separated. but if we look from a very long distance away, we see the river is nothing but a limb of that ocean, or a wave on the ocean because I AM that i am.

no one has ascended up to heaven except the son of man, humanity, who came down from heaven.

what goes down must come up.

the naassene psalm relates the idea about forms.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
in order to descend the divine nature has to become human, or mundane. the avatar kalki is a good example of this idea. otherwise humanity couldn't relate to it. there are no favorites in this process. having come to this terrestrial state, that spirit can become enmeshed in that density or distortion by illusion of self vs otherness. it would have to continually repeat the incarnating cycles, or reciprocate; so long as it becomes attached to a personality/ego, or terrestrial state/distortion. the serpent lies dormant at the bottom of the tree, gnawing at the root continually. job likens it to a worm that never dies. having emptied, or overcome that conditional state, then the spirit of god, or will, fills up unconditionally. there are those that descend into the confusion and walk the labyrinth and unfortunately become lost. jesus came, like they, to help lift them back up to the place from whence they forgot. when the serpent ascends, nehushtan, then nagaraja lifts up its head because salvation is at hand.

it leads to the same process. its like the water in the creek doesn't know that it is part of the ocean. it only sees itself as relative to space and time and the ocean is far far away and separated. but if we look from a very long distance away, we see the river is nothing but a limb of that ocean, or a wave on the ocean because I AM that i am.

no one has ascended up to heaven except the son of man, humanity, who came down from heaven.

what goes down must come up.

the naassene psalm relates the idea about forms.

I believe you misunderstood my post. I acknowledge much of what you describe above, and yes Kenosis is an intimate part of the relationship between the Source some call God, and humanity, and all of our physical existence. What I hear is most define Kenosis in terms of their own belief system, whether Buddhist, Christian or whatever. This is where I disagree, the relationship and nature of the Manifestation such as Jesus Christ, Buddha, and others is universal, and cannot be defined by one religion or belief system at the exclusion of others.

not the objection 'No' by @Kemosloby.

Profound Realization

suicide, even assisted suicide, is not a means to overcoming one's ego. it would break the first law of love.

love and light destroys the illusion of ignorance and darkness. we can see the aspect of shiva in jesus by reference as a thief, trickster, devil that comes secretly and destructively of what someone might consider precious but is in fact mundane. he was destroying the belief system of the pharisees and sadducees, and to some extent their control and power over others. they didn't see him as loving. they saw him as a threat to their lives.

love saves from suffering and sorrow. love is a changing thing, or uplifting thing. love is a creating thing. brahma, vishnu, and shiva are all one and the same but depending on how you view them they seem different.

in greek and from revelation he is called apollyon; which is another name for destroyer. we see him stomping out the grapes of wrath in revelation. we see his wrath unleashed as well. the last avatar is kalki a warrior, again the same rider upon the white horse in revelation. the old has to die in order for the new to come because people become conditioned and complacent to familiar things and when this happens the form must change and they must evolve, like adam and eve. the furnace of love is a tempering thing. like hercules labor, or prometheus' compassion of giving fire to humans.

anger is acceptable. jesus was angry at times. this is shiva personified.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

What’s external may be internal.

Depends of what is meant by suicide. Could mean: suicide of the ego/self. Death to self.

I can be aware of all of this having occurred within me. I once had my own world of beliefs, and a gradual subtle conscience of love knocking within that threatened my beliefs, and control.... essentially my life(ego). Things that I were hellbent as truth within my internal world were being threatened by this powerful love. At first I did not like this. But upon the eventual surrender of my self, the contents of my internal mental world system were de-engineered/emptied.

The internal cross. And an internal crucifixion at the place of the skull. The internal place between my skull. Also depends on what is meant by crucifixion: some see it as death, some see it as an increase in awareness 1000 fold. But both seem compatible in attaining at-one-ment or a whole mind and being.

Or an alternative, if this powerful love and truth were hated, it can also be ignored and crucified as well in not wanting any part of it. Essentially, killing the love and truth within.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe you misunderstood my post. I acknowledge much of what you describe above, and yes Kenosis is an intimate part of the relationship between the Source some call God, and humanity, and all of our physical existence. What I hear is most define Kenosis in terms of their own belief system, whether Buddhist, Christian or whatever. This is where I disagree, the relationship and nature of the Manifestation such as Jesus Christ, Buddha, and others is universal, and cannot be defined by one religion or belief system at the exclusion of others.

not the objection 'No' by @Kemosloby.

so are you implying that that personification, Jesus, Siddhartha, et al isn't exclusive to a religion per se? that they are interchangeable, or adaptive to other systems of belief because they don't have a specific or definitive form? they come for everyone at risk and not the religion at risk?

sorry but the written word can be an impediment at times because of the lack of inflection and body language to go with oral. so much is left to interpretation vs having the ability to question the speaker and get feed back

thank you for sharing.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What’s external may be internal.

Depends of what is meant by suicide. Could mean: suicide of the ego/self. Death to self.

I can be aware of all of this having occurred within me. I once had my own world of beliefs, and a gradual subtle conscience of love knocking within that threatened my beliefs, and control.... essentially my life(ego). Things that I were hellbent as truth within my internal world were being threatened by this powerful love. At first I did not like this. But upon the eventual surrender of my self, the contents of my internal mental world system were de-engineered/emptied.

The internal cross. And an internal crucifixion at the place of the skull. The internal place between my skull. Also depends on what is meant by crucifixion: some see it as death, some see it as an increase in awareness 1000 fold. But both seem compatible in attaining at-one-ment or a whole mind and being.

Or an alternative, if this powerful love and truth were hated, it can also be ignored and crucified as well in not wanting any part of it. Essentially, killing the love and truth within.
energy cannot be created or destroyed. it can be transformed, transmuted, or reformed but it can't be completely annihilated. evolution and involution are just a change in direction, the potential for the other is latent and possible.

a change in form doesn't mean death. it simply means attachment to form isn't healthy

the cross is one of the oldest symbols. it is a yoke. a yoke is used to join two together as one as beasts of burden in order to cultivate something. the cross represents love and the joining together in love two bodies sharing one mindedness. love is an uplifting thing. there is no love in all the world greater than that who would lay down his life for his friends. that is Love. that is selflessness. i require mercy not sacrifice.

my yoke, my cross, is light and love. take up your yoke and follow me.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
so are you implying that that personification, Jesus, Siddhartha, et al isn't exclusive to a religion per se?

Yes, Revelation and Enlightenment is the way of the spiritual evolution of humanity.

that they are interchangeable, or adaptive to other systems of belief because they don't have a specific or definitive form? they come for everyone at risk and not the religion at risk?

Simple answer here is no, and this is a rationalization from the human perspective.

. . . sorry but the written word can be an impediment at times because of the lack of inflection and body language to go with oral. so much is left to interpretation vs having the ability to question the speaker and get feed back.

thank you for sharing.

Yes, this is the way of fallible human beings, but nonetheless humanity is evolving spiritually over time.

Profound Realization

energy cannot be created or destroyed. it can be transformed, transmuted, or reformed but it can't be completely annihilated. evolution and involution are just a change in direction, the potential for the other is latent and possible.

a change in form doesn't mean death. it simply means attachment to form isn't healthy

the cross is one of the oldest symbols. it is a yoke. a yoke is used to join two together as one as beasts of burden in order to cultivate something. the cross represents love and the joining together in love two bodies sharing one mindedness. love is an uplifting thing. there is no love in all the world greater than that who would lay down his life for his friends. that is Love. that is selflessness. i require mercy not sacrifice.

my yoke, my cross, is light and love. take up your yoke and follow me.

I take no issue with defining death as cessation, transformation, transmutation, or reformation. Cessation from attachments, or transformation of self.
I disagree, certain stuff that have ceased to exist within me, there is no possible chance of latently returning. The old nature has gone, and the new nature naturally will not allow such to latently return. I have 100% confidence/trust in that. Whether that stuff was certain energy itself that has been destroyed, I cannot say. It’s always possible during the process, when not completed. But at the same time, we are all constantly experiencing evolution/involution in other ways/stuff not yet fully ceased/completed. It is not fully possible for me to be 100% “sin” free. I have been made aware of this.

I also take no issue with how you’ve explained the cross, albeit “explanation” of the symbol never doing proper justice.. same with any explanation I or anyone can give.
An internal process of atonement, at-one-ment, or wholeness. Marriage or “divine” union of conscious and subconscious.

Last edited:

Kapalika

Premium Member
due to kenosis was Jesus a bodhisattva?

Not in any sense of the word. Yeshua supposedly incarnated once,and in either case I believe if so he spoke great evil. He preached of eternal hellfire (Matthew 18:8, 25:30, 41) and following him specifically and nothing else (John 14:6) was the only way out of it.

He came not for peace but for disorder (Matthew 10:34) and to cause hate among family (Luke 14:26).

I don't think these are characteristics of any Bodhisattva.

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
Can't believe a pantheist is even questioning such a thing; if everything is God, then what are Buddha, Yeshua, Lao Tzu, etc made of?
Even with my beliefs I find humans to be rather limited. It takes a special connection for an avatar to be worth their salt. That being said most traditions, even in Hinduism, folks are waiting for a final return of god, and also for Hindus, god is all.
Kalki - Wikiquote

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
the avatar kalki is a good example of this idea.

Kalki hasn't appeared yet.

You're not just throwing around names from Hinduism, are you?

then nagaraja lifts up its head because salvation is at hand.

What?

1370.gif

Nāgarāja means King of the Snakes. It's a name given to both Vasuki, the nāga (snake) who is a devotee of Lord Shiva, and to Ananta aka Adi-Shesha who is a devotee of Lord Vishnu, and who offers his coils for the Lord to rest on.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Kalki hasn't appeared yet.

What?

1370.gif

Nāgarāja means King of the Snakes. It's a name given to both Vasuki, the nāga (snake) who is a devotee of Lord Shiva, and to Ananta aka Adi-Shesha who is a devotee of Lord Vishnu, and who offers his coils for the Lord to rest on.

with all due respect.

i never stated kalki had appeared yet. neither has maitreya, or has kulkukan, or quetzalcoatl returned either. both kulkukan and quetzalcoatl are serpent related gods, avatars.

this isn't personal

harpocrates is another who represents the rider on the white horse. horus is represented with the uraeus, the serpent..

jesus was a naassene; which was the worship of the serpent energy..

st. thomas led christians to india. they are called the syrian malabar nasrani. nazarite was a person who separated themselves from the general population as prophets, consecrated devotees.

naga in the east and in egypt it is the uraeus, or naja haje.

the wise men and women of ireland(aryan) were called serpents. the myth of st patrick driving out the snakes of ireland is based on the idea that christians drove out the serpent worshippers. the city motto for Naas Ireland states Wise as a Serpent

Symbolism of the Serpent

Last edited: