• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
It is totally wrong that Islam spread by the sword. Muhammad defended his faith, his religion and his people. Is it wrong to defend one? Please
Regards

You are simply wrong.
Constructing catapults and laying siege to the city of Ta'if is not a defensive action. Invading the territories of people who have not attacked you (e.g. the Byzantine and Sasanian Empires) is not a defensive action. Obeying the Koran verse to spread Islam by the sword:
"And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...

but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" Quran 2:191-193

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Koran said:
[2.256] There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; therefore, whoever disbelieves in the Shaitan and believes in Allah he indeed has laid hold on the firmest handle, which shall not break off, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
Hi everyone. Some people say that Islam was spread by the sword. Others say that it was not. The Koran says that there is to be no compulsion in religion so it would seem that Islam's sacred text would condone religious freedom. But was this really the case historically? Here is the reference from the Koran which I am referring to.
The verse of Quran quoted by ZooGirl02 is 100% correct, while history is not. Please
Regards

The Emperor of Mankind

3. The Bible and Quran are very similar, no wonder because it is one God and one Message

This isn't down to the truthfulness of Islam; it's down to the fact the Quran has plagiarised parts wholesale from both the Bible and the Torah, so it's not surprising that these books share 'remarkable' similarities.

Last edited:

The Emperor of Mankind

The verse of Quran quoted by ZooGirl02 is 100% correct, while history is not. Please
Regards

A pity neither Mohammed nor his successors followed their own advice. Attitudes like the one you display above are the reason why Islam can't advance, can't evolve into a more mature religion. If you're presented with something that contradicts your position or beliefs you always throw the object presenting the contradiction away. I think you'd honestly believe 2+2=1 if the Quran told you it was.

outhouse

Atheistically
SEE! I told you no muslim accepts academia fully.

You "all?" just want to make up history and science as you go based on what ever an ancient book say

1. That is not knowledge, it is an absence of knowledge

Your factually in error sir. What I stated is knowledge to the point he whole world accepts it as credible.

2. No authentic and credible account on that

Yes it is. This is just YOU refusing knowledge and education

3. The Bible and Quran are very similar, no wonder because it is one God and one Message

I don't follow you here.

THEY are factually TWO different versions of history that are not similar in many places.

What is similar is that the last religion was influenced by the prior version.

Its sad to me, that you only proved every word I stated about no muslim accepting credible knowledge, in favor of ancient mens theology.

outhouse

Atheistically
It is totally wrong that Islam spread by the sword. Muhammad defended his faith, his religion and his people.

I'm sorry but you may not understand that when a warrior attacks another people and spills their blood, that is factually not defending his people or faith.

outhouse

Atheistically
Here is knowledge, why does being muslim mean refusing an encyclopedia and all the GLOBAL knowledge it contains?????????? Is this not just the most sad thing ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_mythology

Islam incorporates many Biblical events and heroes into its own mythology. Stories about Musa (Moses)[1] and Ibrahim (Abraham)[2] form parts of Islam's scriptures

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham

By the beginning of the 21st century, archaeologists had "given up hope of recovering any context that would make Abraham, Isaac or Jacob credible 'historical figures'".[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses

the figure of Moses as a leader of the Israelites in these events cannot be substantiated.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
SEE! I told you no muslim accepts academia fully.

You "all?" just want to make up history and science as you go based on what ever an ancient book say.

Ok, I am not responsible of what you think, but go on

Your factually in error sir. What I stated is knowledge to the point he whole world accepts it as credible.

I am sorry, what you said is in a line of "Moses doesn't exist" so you don't know that Moses exist, you are ignorant about it, that is an absence of knowledge

Yes it is. This is just YOU refusing knowledge and education

Nothing new added by you here. same old "you deny" crap

I don't follow you here.
THEY are factually TWO different versions of history that are not similar in many places.
What is similar is that the last religion was influenced by the prior version.
Its sad to me, that you only proved every word I stated about no muslim accepting credible knowledge, in favor of ancient mens theology.

Yes, they are two different History from the same source, so the main message is one, or a very similar

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Further to Posts #2717, #2720 ,and #2722 in response to OP's Post #1 I have to add:
Please focus on the following points.
  1. Islam has been reformed under the Ahmadiyya and is one of the fastest spreading religious community in the world.
  2. Ahmadiyya or true Islam has peacefully spread in about 206 countries/territories of the world. In about 150 years Ahmadiyya are already more than the Zoroastrians and perhaps the Judaism people, no disrespect intended to anybody.
  3. if one is truthful one would increase despite the opposition, persecution and killings done by the opponents.
  4. Ahmadiyya Muslims follow teachings of Quran as did Muhammad follow. In fact Ahmadiyya follow in Muhammad’s footsteps.
  5. Those who doubt that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad they should focus on spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam, If it has happened now peacefully, it should be a clear sign for the doubtful that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad.
I gave how Ahmadiyya spread peacefully in Argentina post #2430, Australia Post #2460 , Austria Post #2489, Bangladesh Post #2513, Belarus Post #2535, Belgium Post #2556, Belize #2571, Bulgaria Post #2595, Cameroon Post #2619, Canada Post #2636,Chad Post #2651,Congo #2672 .

Now I give peaceful spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam in Denmark. [2]
125px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png

Ahmadiyya in Denmark
Ahmadiyya is an Islamic branch in Denmark, under the spiritual leadership of the caliph in London. Kamal Yousuf, an Ahmadi Muslim missionary, who was appointed for disseminating Ahmadiyya teachings in Scandinavia,[1] first toured Denmark in 1956.[2] The earliest Danes to have converted to the movement were from the 1950s[2] and the Community was first established in 1959,[3] during the last few years of the Second Caliphate. Today, there are two Ahmadi mosques, of which one is purpose-built mosque, the oldest in the country.[4] There are an estimated 600 Ahmadi Muslims in the country.[5]

Early efforts

In 1967, Ahmadi Muslims built Denmark’s first mosque, in Hvidovre, on the outskirts of Copenhagen.[4] Named after Nusrat Jahan Begum, the second wife of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, the Nusrat Djahan Mosque was financed solely by female members of the Community.[7] This move was perhaps motivated by the country’s push for gender equality and female empowerment.[7] In 1966, roughly five days prior to construction, theHvidovre Municipality revoked its initial permission to construct the mosque. On the other hand, the third caliph of the Community, Mirza Nasir Ahmad was due to arrive in the region, to lay its foundation.[2] The mosque’s architect, John Zachariassen, reported the situation to the thenPrime Minister of Denmark, Jens Otto Krag. Krag gave a notice to ignore the municipal decision and to continue with the construction work. The foundation stone was finally laid on May 6, 1966 and the mosque, the construction of which gained widespread media attention, was inaugurated a year later by the caliph on July 21, 1967. The opening ceremony was attended by representatives of the Danish government.[7]

Islam was properly introduced in Denmark by converts to the Ahmadiyya movement, as opposed to, by foreigners.[6] Some converts attempted to publish Danish literature in order to gain more converts. Aktiv Islam, translated as "Active Islam" was one magazine started by the Community, which primarily featured Danish translations of articles published in English magazines.[6] In 1967, the Community published the first translation of the Quran in Danish. The main translator was Abdus Salam Madsen himself, whose publication was the sole translation available to the Danish public for over four decades. Until the late 1980s, Madsen was seen as the leading public figure of Islam in Denmark.[7]

250px-Nusrat_Djahan_Mosque_Hvidove_Copenhagen_Denmark_02.jpg

The Nusrat Djahan Mosque in Hvidore, on the outskirts of Copenhagen is the oldest mosque in Denmark

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmadiyya_in_Denmark

Country/Region: Denmark
Ahmadiyya population : 600
Percentage (%) of Muslims :0.3
Percentage (%) of population : < 0.1
Notes/Sources : Estimate[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmadiyya_by_country

Does one see any sword used for spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam in ?

Regards

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
I am sorry, what you said is in a line of "Moses doesn't exist" so you don't know that Moses exist, you are ignorant about it, that is an absence of knowledge

We do know he never existed as written in the bible or your book. The exodus did not take place, and factually was not the origin of the Israelite people who were displaced Canaanites for the most part.

There is no absence of knowledge.

Nothing new added by you here. same old "you deny" crap

Its not "crap" it is a fact because you have proven it by refusing knowledge in a credible encyclopedia. WHO do you think you are?

What gives you the right to refuse encyclopedia?

Yes, they are two different History from the same source, so the main message is one, or a very similar

Unsubstantiated rhetoric. They are factually not the same source. No god has ever written a single word, only people wrote these books.

And when people copy religious traditions there will be some similarities.

Do you deny that muhammads cousin who was a Christian HERETIC priest who was known to pervert the bible and rewrote it in Arabic languages, found orphaned muhammad at 5 years old wondering around a mountain? and then took him under his wing and trained him?

outhouse

Atheistically
I am not responsible of what you think, but go on

Really?, your helping prove my exact point bud. Your showing the world that muslim refuse credible historical knowledge. I don't want that to be true.

Do you think the koran has mythology in it?

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
We do know he never existed as written in the bible or your book. The exodus did not take place, and factually was not the origin of the Israelite people who were displaced Canaanites for the most part.
There is no absence of knowledge.

Even if there is no mention of Moses in your references, it doesn't mean He never existed

Its not "crap" it is a fact because you have proven it by refusing knowledge in a credible encyclopedia. WHO do you think you are?
What gives you the right to refuse encyclopedia?

You know that so far, you never presented something for me to accept or deny right!
is it your habit to assume things and attack people!

Unsubstantiated rhetoric. They are factually not the same source. No god has ever written a single word, only people wrote these books.
And when people copy religious traditions there will be some similarities.?

Still, there is no evidence of the Quran being copied from the Bible

Do you deny that muhammads cousin who was a Christian HERETIC priest who was known to pervert the bible and rewrote it in Arabic languages, found orphaned muhammad at 5 years old wondering around a mountain? and then took him under his wing and trained him?

I never heard about this before, present your "facts" and We can discuss

outhouse

Atheistically
Even if there is no mention of Moses in your references, it doesn't mean He never existed

It is the evidence that shows us he did not exist, not a lack of evidence.

The exodus I stated a the origin MYTH of Israelite people, no exodus = no moses.

Still, there is no evidence of the Quran being copied from the Bible

Sure there is. muhammads family member who helped raise him was a priest!!!! who was known to change the bible and use Arabic language.

A recent finding of old pieces of koran are dated to before Muhammad EVEN was born.

I never heard about this before

That's your fault not mine.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
It is the evidence that shows us he did not exist, not a lack of evidence.
The exodus I stated a the origin MYTH of Israelite people, no exodus = no moses.

Well, I disagree

Sure there is. muhammads family member who helped raise him was a priest!!!! who was known to change the bible and use Arabic language.
A recent finding of old pieces of koran are dated to before Muhammad EVEN was born.

And I suppose to take your word for it right!

That's your fault not mine.

You mention something and when I tell you I never heard of it you say this! I knew debating with you was useless thing to do.

FYI
You suppose to show me your evidence to support your argument, that is how forums work. with 32K posts, you are still ignorant about this ! LOL

outhouse

Atheistically
I knew debating with you was useless thing to do.

Likewise. The difference is watching people trip around their own methodology proving they refuse credible knowledge. I don't enjoy it, I think it is sad .

You think the koran has no mythology?

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Likewise. The difference is watching people trip around their own methodology.

You think the koran has no mythology?

I am sorry, I keep answering your question with you showing nothing at all.
Show your reference/evidence for your claims or find someone else to waste time with..... it is simple

outhouse

Atheistically
You suppose to show me your evidence to support your argument

What part of the sources and links I provided, do you not understand.

You refuted nothing, you only refused it and out of desperation and refused to address details in every topic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_mythology

Islam incorporates many Biblical events and heroes into its own mythology. Stories about Musa (Moses)[1] and Ibrahim (Abraham)[2] form parts of Islam's scriptures

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
That is blatant and obvious refusal.

Its the same as saying I don't like it, so I wont believe it no matter how credible the evidence is.

man up and stop putting words into my mouth

What I said is clear, If you want to continue debating with me, present reference/evidence of the accusations you made about Mohammed. I can see that you made it up just admit it

Status
Not open for further replies.