• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Earth Flat?

questfortruth

Because ideas of Atheism cannot ever be proven, then only two answers are possible:
1. God exists,
2. we do not know.
This means, that God must exist.

Any brain is more complex than the Universe. Hence, if Bob feels or thinks something, it surely can be a real thing because his brain is more important than the entire Universe.
For example, many say that Earth is not a globe but a flat disk. Why? People are not crazy.
The planet was a flat disk in the past, and people feel it through the "genetic memory" or "ancestorial memory."
More in:
Was Earth Flat?

The official list of dogmas is Absolute Knowledge for theists. One dogma is: True Church's interpretation of Bible is true.
The Church dogmas are a fixed reference points. This means, that if John says that Bible is wrong, the Bible is not wrong, but John is blaspheming religion. Earth was Flat.

God is Omnipotent. He changed flat disk into globe while Great Flood. OK?

cOLTER: "If flat earth or the Israelites vastly exaggerated flood story wasn't in the Bible, then people would dismiss the stories as silly myths."
Now in 2022AD it is better? Book told people of BC era that Earth is Flat to be taken seriously. But does God considered that the Book will be read in AD era, on 2022 AD? What about us? Paradox. The solution: Earth was flat. Now it is not flat. Miracle.

Last edited:

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Any brain is more complex than the Universe. Hence, if Bob feels or thinks something, it surely can be a real thing because his brain is more important than the entire Universe.
This makes no sense.

For example, many say that Earth is not a globe but a flat disk. Why? People are not crazy.
Because people can believe in manifestly untrue ideas.

The planet was a flat disk in the past, and people feel it through the "genetic memory" or "ancestorial memory."
No it wasn't. No matter what your ancestors believed.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is still flat, but 'inflation' puffed it up like an Indian flat bread (Roti). When the heat dissipates, it will again become flat.

maxresdefault.jpg

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Humans walk on hard ground thats flat. We can't walk on water. But technically live in oxygenated water living biologically mainly water.

The concept...lose water mass that keeps life healthy and alive. On the ground state. Then conscious concepts change.

You then express your aware mind concept.

Humans look at you in question. Then ask...what the.........is that human actually talking about?

You have a big thinkie then realise why if your psychic still functions.

As a solid is a solid we can dig up balled bodies. So we know solid balled objects exist.

Altfish

Veteran Member
More in:
Was Earth Flat?
no it wasn't flat

HonestJoe

Any brain is more complex than the Universe.
How is that possible? All brains are part of the universe.

Plenty of people are crazy (they often can't see it in themselves though ;) ). Also, plenty of people are liars and frauds. That is perfectly capable of accounting for the few people who actually claim a flat Earth.

How did you expect an example of your rubbish being picked apart on a different forum was going to support your position in any way?

Last edited:

questfortruth

How is that possible? All brains are part of the universe.
For example. My home is part of Universe. But Universe is divided into two areas: my home and outside world. My home can be more complex than the outside world. So, brain is more complex than the remaining parts of Universe.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
More in:
Was Earth Flat?

This depends on the assertion that complexity equals importance and importance equals accuracy in thought or emotion.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
For example. My home is part of Universe. But Universe is divided into two areas: my home and outside world.
But your demarcation between 'home' and the 'outside world' is not a meaningful category of reality itself. Reality is the same both inside and outside of your house. The matter in your house is no more fundamentally complex than the matter outside of it. The forces of physics work just the same regardless of your location inside or outside of your dwelling.

Your whole argument is a non sequitur.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
For example. My home is part of Universe. But Universe is divided into two areas: my home and outside world. My home can be more complex than the outside world. So, brain is more complex than the remaining parts of Universe.

Wow, just wow...

PureX

Veteran Member
It still is flat from a local perspective, if we discount it's topography. Point being, it's a matter of perspective, not an issue of "truthfulness".

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

Do you mean: My reality depends on my brain, which, while part of the Universe, is the thing that shapes my reality?

If you do, you could argue that if I am a human who experiences the earth as flat (and not all humans do), then the earth subjectively is flat for me.

However, that doesn't change the fact that the earth is demonstrably not flat.

Edited to add: It also would not mean the earth was once flat, even if assuming ancestral memory. I don't think life (as we know it) would have formed on earth at that point.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It still is flat from a local perspective, if we discount it's topography. Point being, it's a matter of perspective, not an issue of "truthfulness".

How local? For a 6ft tall person the horizon is just over 3 miles away.

HonestJoe

There are billions of other brains in the rest of the Universe though. And that's before we even determine how you're defining complexity and whether there is really nothing else in the entire universe that could be more complex.

And all of this so you can make the unsupported assertion to try to back up all your other unsupported assertions. Your brain is certainly complex, but that isn't necessarily a good thing.