• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Christ a Stoner?

opensoul7

Does God need to change? or do humans ? how do we have any clue as to the knowledge ,love , or what God truly is or encompasses ? how do we know that God did not forsee all of this to begin with ? that it all has not been apart of Gods plan ? If God would have to change , what would that imply ? Humans need to change not God.

joeboonda

opensoul7 said:
Does God need to change? or do humans ? how do we have any clue as to the knowledge ,love , or what God truly is or encompasses ? how do we know that God did not forsee all of this to begin with ? that it all has not been apart of Gods plan ? If God would have to change , what would that imply ? Humans need to change not God.
I would answer, humans need to change, we have to change and grow daily. I think to know God, we must go to the Bible. It says he does not change, that he is love, that he did forsee all this, it is part of God's plan, to give us free will. Of course, it would have been nice if sin and thereby death never entered this world, but, someone woulda ate from that tree eventually, lol.

nutshell

Buttons* said:
I was under the impression that God was never-changing...
Then why, at one point, does God say "Thou shalt not kill," and then at another point send Israel off to exterminate another nation?

So called contradictions are abundent in the Bible. This doesn't mean God changes, it means he calls for certain things at certain times to handle certain situations. You may even say he does this out of love for us, which is eternally consistent, as it will be for our benefit.

mr.guy

crapsack
nutshell said:
This doesn't mean God changes, it means he calls for certain things at certain times to handle certain situations. You may even say he does this out of love for us, which is eternally consistent, as it will be for our benefit.
I see....so the american government is just waiting for the word from god to legalize pot.

He might change his mind about that too, right?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
nutshell said:
Then why, at one point, does God say "Thou shalt not kill," and then at another point send Israel off to exterminate another nation?

Because I think the Israelites were just using God as an excuse to exterminate who they didnt want around

nutshell

mr.guy said:
I see....so the american government is just waiting for the word from god to legalize pot.

He might change his mind about that too, right?
I have no idea how your stream of conscienceness reached this point.

The American Government doesn't have a prophet communicating with God, Christ's church does.

Further, God doesn't direct every single action so if you want pot legalized don't wait for God...do something yourself.

nutshell

Buttons* said:
Because I think the Israelites were just using God as an excuse to exterminate who they didnt want around
so you don't accept what's written in the Old Testament or you only pick and choose what you'll accept? Help me reconcile this.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
nutshell said:
so you don't accept what's written in the Old Testament or you only pick and choose what you'll accept? Help me reconcile this.

who said i was Christian?