• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Christ a Stoner?

Master Vigil

If jesus was a stoner, we would have definitely read about it. Because something so great as weed would have definitely made it's way into the bible. :D

Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall inherit the earth.

And my huge stash!! HAHAHA!!
This stuff is great!!!
(paraphrased of course):biglaugh:

linwood

mormonman said:
Was Christ a stoner? Stupidest question I've ever heard. :banghead3
Would you care to elaborate or even state why you think so regarding the OP?

Your ignorance is showing.

:bounce

anders

At least, there is a possibility, if you accept the NT's word for his and his (supposed?) father's occupation, tekton that he was a stonemason. Using the same word, he might have been a carpenter or an architect or such.

mormonman

Ammon is awesome
linwood said:
Would you care to elaborate or even state why you think so regarding the OP?

Your ignorance is showing.

:bounce
Me??? Ignorant???? :biglaugh:
Using drugs or severe mind altering substances is a sin. hmmmm...Christ didn't commit any sins, ergo he wasn't a stoner.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
mormonman said:
Using drugs or severe mind altering substances is a sin. hmmmm...Christ didn't commit any sins, ergo he wasn't a stoner.
I thought it was pretty well accepted that He drank wine.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Master Vigil said:
If jesus was a stoner, we would have definitely read about it. Because something so great as weed would have definitely made it's way into the bible. :D

Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall inherit the earth.

And my huge stash!! HAHAHA!!
This stuff is great!!!
(paraphrased of course):biglaugh:
Maybe the 'free Love' , the 'flowers in their hair', and the drugs of the sixties was a rehearsal for the second comming ?:biglaugh:

linwood

mormonman said:
Mormonman,

I seem to keep bumping into you in these threads so I`d just like to explain why I keep stating you appear ignorant to me.

First off the way Marijuana was used in the Biblical verse I quoted was medicinal not for the sake of getting high.
You would know this if you`d read before you post.

Second, Jesus was a producer and consumer of mind altering substances that are far more detrimental to a human body than pot.
You would know this if you knew anything about marijuana and or drugs in general.
If consuming mind altering substances is a sin then Jesus did indeed sin.
I don`t believe in sin myself.

Third, our own minds secrete mind altering substances daily in order to keep us alive.
There is nothing inherently wrong with "Mind altering substances" as a group.
You would know this if you had ever done more than accept the cultural claptrap our "leaders" feed to us.

mormonman

Ammon is awesome
linwood said:
Mormonman,

I seem to keep bumping into you in these threads so I`d just like to explain why I keep stating you appear ignorant to me.

First off the way Marijuana was used in the Biblical verse I quoted was medicinal not for the sake of getting high.
You would know this if you`d read before you post.

Second, Jesus was a producer and consumer of mind altering substances that are far more detrimental to a human body than pot.
You would know this if you knew anything about marijuana and or drugs in general.
If consuming mind altering substances is a sin then Jesus did indeed sin.
I don`t believe in sin myself.

Third, our own minds secrete mind altering substances daily in order to keep us alive.
There is nothing inherently wrong with "Mind altering substances" as a group.
You would know this if you had ever done more than accept the cultural claptrap our "leaders" feed to us.
Can you please show me where in the Bible it says "And it came to pass He smoked pot." I refuse to believe that our Lord and Savior was a stoner. Who are you refering to w/ our "leaders"?

About the wine I have some scriptures. Leviticus 10:9, Numbers 6:3, Deuteronomy 32:33, Judges 13:4, Isaiah 14:9, and Daniel 1:8. All of these scriptures say that wine is bad. In Luke 1:15 it says that even John the Baptist won't drink wine. So why does it say Christ drank wine? The thruth is the wine that Christ and the Apostles drank was pure. It had not been fermented yet. No mind altering substance here.

opensoul7

LInwood never said that "Christ smoked pot" , but that cannibus was used in the anointing oil.The information is in his original post with a link.Then he states AGAIN that it was not used in that way ,"and you'd know this if you read before you post."and that quote came from his post that you quoted in your own. Also in his original post was that the thc in cannibus was absorbed through the scalp.So I must wonder if you have read any of the posts at all, or looked at the information on the links? cause no one here is talking about "Christ smoking pot".Also I am curious as to where you get the information that Jesus drank only non-fermented wine ? I have never heard that before.What about Matthew 11:18-19 & Luke7:33-34. Wine: 1) the fermented juics of fresh grapes used as a beverage.

mormonman

Ammon is awesome
opensoul7 said:
LInwood never said that "Christ smoked pot" , but that cannibus was used in the anointing oil.The information is in his original post with a link.Then he states AGAIN that it was not used in that way ,"and you'd know this if you read before you post."and that quote came from his post that you quoted in your own. Also in his original post was that the thc in cannibus was absorbed through the scalp.So I must wonder if you have read any of the posts at all, or looked at the information on the links? cause no one here is talking about "Christ smoking pot".Also I am curious as to where you get the information that Jesus drank only non-fermented wine ? I have never heard that before.What about Matthew 11:18-19 & Luke7:33-34. Wine: 1) the fermented juics of fresh grapes used as a beverage.
I do apologize. I didn't read the thread all the way through. So I'll rephrase my question. Where in the Bible does it say, "And it came to pass that Jesus absorbed pot through his head." :biglaugh: Sorry, I had to. But it doesn't. Anyway, the scriptures that you cited don't say one way or the other if it's alcoholic or not. Considering that many times in the Bible it says drinking strong drinks is bad, I'll stick w/ the nonfermented arugement.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
mormonman said:
I do apologize. I didn't read the thread all the way through. So I'll rephrase my question. Where in the Bible does it say, "And it came to pass that Jesus absorbed pot through his head." :biglaugh: Sorry, I had to. But it doesn't. Anyway, the scriptures that you cited don't say one way or the other if it's alcoholic or not. Considering that many times in the Bible it says drinking strong drinks is bad, I'll stick w/ the nonfermented arugement.

....is there such a thing as non-alcoholic wine? grapejuice maybe, but i doubt it

joeboonda

I did a study on alcohol in the Bible, long ago. The word for wine in the New Testament is generic for both fermented and non. When it says be ye not drunk on wine, you know its the fermented. Other times it is not as easily discerned. The Bible warns of abuse of alcohol, and says drunkenness is a sin, but does not outright ban the use of it. Paul told Timothy to drink a LITTLE wine for his stomach and many infirmities. The Holy Spirit would guide one in that area. (many times I did not listen, lol).

Anyway, I do not believe Christ smoked pot, or sinned, or that the ointment in the alibaster box was nothing more than spikenard? anyway, very very expensive perfume. a years wages. I do not believe he produced or used mind altering drugs, or got drunk. Whether he drank anything fermented, I do not know, many scholars go to great lengths to say he did not, and did not produce fermented wine at the wedding feast of Cana, I don't know. I have my own thoughts about the flower power children of the 60's, and I believe from the good protests of racism and the Vietnam War, came rebellion that reached into the spiritual realm, an ushering in of a new era, an era I believe is proceeding the time of the Antichrist. OOOOH, far out man!

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
Let it go, MM is stuck in a "it just is" mentality, only two cures for that, for him to open his mind or a bullet.

mormonman

Ammon is awesome
Pardus said:
Let it go, MM is stuck in a "it just is" mentality, only two cures for that, for him to open his mind or a bullet.
No, not really. Joebooda's response was one of the only posts that made sense in this thread. How can I argue w/ someone that studied wine in the Bible. I

linwood

mormonman said:
Can you please show me where in the Bible it says "And it came to pass He smoked pot." I refuse to believe that our Lord and Savior was a stoner. Who are you refering to w/ our "leaders"?
Can you please show me where in this thread anyone said "Christ smoked pot."?

A Christ drank wine? The thruth is the wine that Christ and the Apostles drank was pure. It had not been fermented yet. No mind altering substance here.
Please provide some scripture to support the position that the wine Jesus drank, served, and made, was non alchoholic.

Unfermented wine is called "grape juice".

Wine is the center of communion in many Christian sects.
There is no edict against alchohol in the Bible.

nutshell

linwood said:

Please provide some scripture to support the position that the wine Jesus drank, served, and made, was non alchoholic.

This link leads to every scripture in the LDS canon (Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price) containing the words "strong drink." Scanning the verses, it appears "strong drink" is either not to be consumed or it is to be used in offerings.

nutshell

linwood said:

This link leads to every scripture in the LDS canon (Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price) containing the words "strong drink." Scanning the verses, it appears "strong drink" is either not to be consumed or it is to be used in offerings.

http://scriptures.lds.org/query?words=strong+drink