• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Cain's wife human?

M

Majikthise

I hope i didn't sound like I was jumping on you Linus .Sorry if I did.

Linus

I didn't think that at all. I was just a little confused, so I'm glad you clarified. I just hope you saw the point I was trying to make.

chris9178

Majikthise:
From a creationists standpoint,I guess we really are all brothers and sisters(SHIVER!).
Actually, it would be more like distant cousins. But, the evoutionists believe the same thing. They go as far as to say that we're cousins with every beast in the planet.

SHIVER

almifkhar:
but god told him that he must leave his birth land and so he did and then he found a wife in a forigen land
not true. though Genisis is vague, it certainly doesn't say she came from a foreign land.

16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. 17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch
This is a really good topic though John313. I'm of the opinion that the Bible didn't list all of the children of Adam and Eve, and that Cain's wife was his sister.

To say that God created other humans after Adam would be inconsistent with scripture. Adam and Eve are the originators of sin (in humans), and are the reason we must be redeemed. If another human was created by God, then they wouldn't have the original sin burdern that the Bible says all men (and women) possess.

Aberran

Well in a few chapters it seems the population goes from 2 to thousands ... cain is often see as a representative of the canaanites (forgive my spelling throughout all this) and how these canaan people have wronged you and how you should treat them ... the creation myth is just that a myth to tell you a framework for the beginning of everything and some moral story telling ... I blame it again on the central problem of the bible which I see as poor cordination of copy and paste functions.

Aberran

Yeah Canaan is the foreign land the whole cain theme comes from and no harm was meant to fall the people of Canaan its kinda an antithesis for the eye for an eye thing .... which is more accurate no more than an eye for an eye ... since taking more from your enemy than they did from you will never settle and just continues to grow geometrically ... this is a belief of mine as well and a reason for my rejection of the Wiccan threefold law or whatever its called.