• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was atheism invented?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The child cries, for breast milk. Thus, he is a believer in mom. Faith is instinct. Good one.

Huh? He's not a believer in his mother. It's a evolutionary thing. Children Know their mother because of "physical" characteristics such as smell, touch, voice, and so forth. Children (in US) are taught abstract concepts in school. If their parents teach them when they are younger, they'd most likely view it quite literally. For example, if they were taught god exists, as children, they'd most likely take it literally (an entity, santa, whatever, that talks). Not until later years (and even adult years) when they realize god is invisible and has a deeper context than what their parents tell them at a young age. Hence why you have people who don't believe in god because they found out the literal concept they were taught as kids were abstract concepts they could and did not relate to.

It's what parents teach their children. Children would die without someone to raise them. They can't survive on faith because the concept doesn't even exist in evolution. Faith doesn't even exist in all religions.

What Is The Importance Of Mothers In Child Development

firedragon

Veteran Member
If God was invented by priests, then godlessness was invented by atheists? How is it better then?

An atheist Bob might reply: "By analogy, smokers have invented smoking; and who then has invented non-smoking? Non-smokers, maybe?"

Me in reply: "Non-smoking as well as a sober lifestyle was invented by the Ministry of Health."

Bob: "Atheism is based on the achievements of science and its evidence, and religion is based only on legends and blind faith."

Me: "Atheism is unscientific because the Supposed Death of God is not scientifically proven. Faith in Wikipedia is defined (with peer-reviewed references) as loyalty, faithfulness to Omniscience. After all, God knows everything.

There was a bit of an extensive research done by some academics if humans have an innate inclination towards believing in a divine something. You should maybe think about that.

I think the general atheistic argument based on their logic is that it is natural for humans to have no belief in a divinity but its only indoctrinated. Although, it is not a studied fact.

Thus, if you find that humans have an innate belief in a divinity, maybe you could make an assumption that Atheism is instead indoctrinated. And These academics are working this way.

Thus. maybe atheism was invented.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I suppose you have evidence to back this up? If not, this statement is little more than militant atheist rhetoric.
So are you suggesting otherwise?
I have a hypothesis that they are atheists when born; like they are apolitical and have no language or numerical skills. They are taught all these things including religion.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am sure, an atheist can learn a lot more about atheism than the sentence "there is no God." For example by reading PhD Dawkin's BESTSELLER-S.
Atheism is disbelieving in gods.
Anything else said about it is just someone's personal addition.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I am sure, an atheist can learn a lot more about atheism than the sentence "there is no God." For example by reading PhD Dawkin's BESTSELLER-S.

There is no "deeper" atheism. There is only one strict definition of the term. That's like going to Joel Osteen to know more about why people are theists (believe in god).

Theism has one strict definition. Atheism is just the opposite. All the non-sense some atheist add on to disbelief in god does not change the definition version anymore than theism applies to only abrahamics and not Hindus and Pagans.

Altfish

Veteran Member
So, God am someone to be taught? How a lie can be taught? No, God must be taught, because He is Absolute Truth. (In my worldview).
Yes, she needs to be taught.
Don't you think it is strange that if you are born in the US you are likely to be taught Christianity; if you are born in India you are most likely to be taught Hinduism; but if you are over the border in Pakistan you are likely to be a Muslim.
The global variety of religions proves that it is taught

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If God was invented by priests, then godlessness was invented by atheists? How is it better then?

An atheist Bob might reply: "By analogy, smokers have invented smoking; and who then has invented non-smoking? Non-smokers, maybe?"

Me in reply: "Non-smoking as well as a sober lifestyle was invented by the Ministry of Health."

Bob: "Atheism is based on the achievements of science and its evidence, and religion is based only on legends and blind faith."

Me: "Atheism is unscientific because the Supposed Death of God is not scientifically proven. Faith in Wikipedia is defined (with peer-reviewed references) as loyalty, faithfulness to Omniscience. After all, God knows everything.

Atheism (or something very similar) is the default state. All are born with no knowledge of god or gods, that knowledge is taught by parent's, peers etc.

questfortruth

There is no "deeper" atheism. There is only one strict definition of the term.
So, the atheists can not tell me a thing about atheism and its history? I can not get information about was Steven Hawking an atheist or not? Has he proven by developing Big Bang theory, that God is dead or not? There is no such information?

questfortruth

but if you are over the border in Pakistan you are likely to be a Muslim.
The global variety of religions proves that it is taught
I have a scientific explanation: knowledge is defined as what the God of the person knows. Thus, the people born for example in Muslim family are hard to be converted into atheism.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Atheism : disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Nothing more, nothing less, anything you personally add to that is down to your own personal misunderstanding.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I have a scientific explanation: knowledge is defined as what the God of the person knows. Thus, the people born for example in Muslim family are hard to be converted into atheism.
That is not scientific.
Muslims are hard to convert (or at least admit they've been converted) is because the penalty for apostasy is death. So people are afraid to denounce it because they are scared of the punishment.