• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Adam a caveman? Was Eve a cavewoman?

gnostic

The Lost One
Of course it's speculation and opinion. I never claimed it to be anything else. All I am saying is that it's a possibility.

Perhaps Eden itself moves at the speed of light perhaps. Perhaps it's a dimensional pocket, where our undestanding of physics does not apply. I am it a physicist (obviously), but physics is a hobby and I can see the possibilities that we might one day understand and be able to explain it. But not at this moment.

I see the story of Eden is merely allegory, much like a parable or a myth.

The worth of the creation story is not in historical accuracy or it being scientific; no, its true worth is in the morality of the stories, like Jesus telling parables that teach people in the right things to do.

I think the most common mistakes most theists make, especially creationists, is assuming their scriptures are also science textbooks.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I see the story of Eden is merely allegory, much like a parable or a myth.

The worth of the creation story is not in historical accuracy or it being scientific; no, its true worth is in the morality of the stories, like Jesus telling parables that teach people in the right things to do.

I think the most common mistakes most theists make, especially creationists, is assuming their scriptures are also science textbooks.

Well just to be clear here. I am not trying to use Genesis to replace science. Just noting that it is a possibility to be true. No one can prove it of course, which I why I am not trying to prove it. Just saying that it is possible, and that perhaps we just don't understand it yet. Its like explaining how a tv works to a bronze age man. He is just probably never going to be able to understand the science behind it. So it will always be "magic" to him. I feel like this is where we are in science trying to understand God. My opinion is that we are just not capable, yet, to understand Him. So it appears to us, to be magic and fairy tales. At least that is just my opinion on the whole issue.

Last edited:

siti

Huh? How did you get that? Rofl
Where did Cain get his wife? "Don't forget Seth." 1+1=2

harry-bliss-caveman-mate-selection.jpg

Could explain the old Cain and Abel mystery as well don't you think?

gmc0066l.jpg

A few years ago archaeologists reckoned they had found the 5,000 year old skeleton of a gay caveman - that's about the right time period - roughly. So this is what I reckon happened - Cain came on to Abel in the field and Abel (being str8) whacked him over the head with his caveman club - leaving a permanent mark - whereupon Cain lost it and did him in. After that he married Seth and they ran off together to Prague (via Nod). When Cain was about 1,000, he died and was buried with some pots and jugs and stuff - proving that he was not a stereotypical male 'warrior' or 'hunter' but more of a gardening and cooking type - obviously gay!

Although I cannot prove it conclusively, I have thoroughly researched the topic (for about 5 minutes) - here are my references: Genesis 4 and First homosexual caveman found

Enoch07

Premium Member
Where did Cain get his wife? "Don't forget Seth." 1+1=2

harry-bliss-caveman-mate-selection.jpg

Could explain the old Cain and Abel mystery as well don't you think?

gmc0066l.jpg

A few years ago archaeologists reckoned they had found the 5,000 year old skeleton of a gay caveman - that's about the right time period - roughly. So this is what I reckon happened - Cain came on to Abel in the field and Abel (being str8) whacked him over the head with his caveman club - leaving a permanent mark - whereupon Cain lost it and did him in. After that he married Seth and they ran off together to Prague (via Nod). When Cain was about 1,000, he died and was buried with some pots and jugs and stuff - proving that he was not a stereotypical male 'warrior' or 'hunter' but more of a gardening and cooking type - obviously gay!

Although I cannot prove it conclusively, I have thoroughly researched the topic (for about 5 minutes) - here are my references: Genesis 4 and First homosexual caveman found

From the "humans" (possibly the Neanderthals mentioned in the OP) that were created on the 6th day in Genesis 1.

Neanderthal - Wikipedia

It's a long read but if you go down to the Genome part and start there you'll see that:

However, an analysis of a first draft of the Neanderthal genome by the same team released in May 2010 indicates interbreeding may have occurred.[27][85] "Those of us who live outside Africa carry a little Neanderthal DNA in us," said Pääbo, who led the study. "The proportion of Neanderthal-inherited genetic material is about 1 to 4 percent [later refined to 1.5 to 2.1 percent].[56] It is a small but very real proportion of ancestry in non-Africans today," says Dr. David Reich of Harvard Medical School, who worked on the study. This research compared the genome of the Neanderthals to five modern humans from China, France, sub-Saharan Africa, and Papua New Guinea.[85]

Which suggest that humans did breed with Neanderthals, partially explains their extinction 40,000 years ago, which is right around the time humams started becoming civilized and started farming and building communities etc. Because they are us, at least in part, as the data might indicate. The further your read into the Genome part the more likely it appears that we did indeed breed with Neanderthals. So it's possible these Neanderthals is where Cain and Seth got their mates and had children etc.

As for the homosexual part. Its possible, homosexuality has always been around, and there is nothing wrong with that. Its not a recent or new thing. Its well documented throughout history. But neither Cain or Seth were gay, at least to my knowledge as both have genealogies which means at the very least they did procreate with women. Seth's genealogy leads us all the way to Noah, Abraham, and dare I say it Jesus eventually.

Last edited:

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Does not have to be in this universe. Just wondering if it's possible at all. Not that it is here or that it has happened. Just if it's possible or not.(I know it is, but nobody would believe me though)
Maybe Thor (the Marvel guy) also exists. It's possible after all.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Maybe Thor (the Marvel guy) also exists. It's possible after all.

Not the Marvel character, because he is fiction. But many do believe in a real Thor and Odin, and are proud worshippers. I may not believe in it, but I can respect their right to.

siti

From the "humans" (possibly the Neanderthals mentioned in the OP) that were created on the 6th day in Genesis 1.

I still think the gay caveman hypothesis works well. That way Cain wouldn't need a wife as such (of the cavewoman or Neanderthal variety), and it neatly explains why the clearly homophobic skydaddy Creator was so pissed when he brought a bowl of fruit instead of a disemboweled ox to the alter.

Enoch07

Premium Member
I still think the gay caveman hypothesis works well. That way Cain wouldn't need a wife as such (of the cavewoman or Neanderthal variety), and it neatly explains why the clearly homophobic skydaddy Creator was so pissed when he brought a bowl of fruit instead of a disemboweled ox to the alter.

Nah he was pissed because Cain got butthurt and killed Abel.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Of course it's speculation and opinion. I never claimed it to be anything else. All I am saying is that it's a possibility.

Perhaps Eden itself moves at the speed of light perhaps. Perhaps it's a dimensional pocket, where our undestanding of physics does not apply. I am it a physicist (obviously), but physics is a hobby and I can see the possibilities that we might one day understand and be able to explain it. But not at this moment.

Speculating on ancient mythology to it the known reality of history, archaeology, anthropology and paleontology does not provide an effective argument.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Why isn't the Marvel universe a possible one?

Who knows maybe it is? :p

If Multiverse - Wikipedia theory is true. Then perhaps Marvels Thor is a real superhero and Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and Larry Leiber are from an alternate dimension where this is true. So they create the character and comic book to exploit this for financial gain.

I wouldn't bet any money on it. But I can't disprove it either.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Speculating on ancient mythology to it the known reality of history, archaeology, anthropology and paleontology does not provide an effective argument.

Good thing I am not trying to prove anything as I have stated multiple times. Just stating it's a possibility. ;)

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
How does a person fit prehistoric man into Christianity?

Where there any references anywhere made for Neathandrals and Cro-Magnon humans?
Genesis 1 & 2 are parables not history. Eve is in Hebrerw חַוָּה (Chawwah), which was derived from the Hebrew word חוה (chawah) "to breathe" or the related word חיה (chayah) "to live" while Adam is a pun. In Hebrew Adam means '(of) the Red Earth'; If you wanted to translate the pun in English, you might write "a human from the humus."

Faithofchristian

What you mean is, Was Adam and Eve cave dwellers. They could haved been cave dwellers.Then some time later People started making tents to live in. So it's possible that Adam and Eve were cave dwellers.

But were Adam and Eve prehistoric man and woman, There's nothing to indicate that.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I wonder if @sayak83 or @Polymath257 might look at my idea of Eden being a place where time moves slower within its boundaries. Look at post #19, 22, and 24 to get a better idea of what I am proposing if either of you feel inclined. If not I don't blame you, it looks like a major headache of a challenge to me, if it's possible at all.
and you think 'time' had to be tweaked?

If you were living in a 'garden'.....ideal living conditions
and all things handed to you were exactly what your life and living required.....

you could live a thousand years

Enoch07

Premium Member

If you were living in a 'garden'.....ideal living conditions
and all things handed to you were exactly what your life and living required.....

you could live a thousand years

Huh? Adam and Eve did not live in Eden their entire lives ya know.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Just noting that it is a possibility to be true.
It has all the tropes of fiction. Does it have to specify it to satisfy you?

Its like explaining how a tv works to a bronze age man. He is just probably never going to be able to understand the science behind it. So it will always be "magic" to him.
He may not be able to understand the specifics, but talking about puppet dramas or theater dramas and explaining tv as a kind of animated cave painting or something would at least get him in the ballpark of what a tv is.

Nah he was pissed because Cain got butthurt and killed Abel.
And yet we don't have a rule noted that killing is wrong. Cain is getting punished for a rule being invented after the fact.

Why isn't the Marvel universe a possible one?
Yes, maybe our movies and shows and stuff are actually representations of real universes and "storytellers" are just psychics who can detect these multiverses. :)

But were Adam and Eve prehistoric man and woman, There's nothing to indicate that.
Isn't history just when we started writing down what happened? Before writing, it's "pre-history."

And wouldn't a temporally isolated place on earth just be flung off the planet because the earth is moving at a different rate than the area?

It's the morals and values taught within these narratives that are truly important.
Indeed: Kids, eating fruit will turn you into gods. :p

Who was actually around over 2 million years ago to tell us exactly what humans did with their dead?.
Their fossilized remains are still around to tell their story. More specifically, their "dismembered" fossilized remains that have been scattered by animals not long after dying. A skull here, the arm over there, the foot and a toe out yonder by the tree..... Rock shafts in Spain were also a convenient way to dispose of thousands of dead bodies belonging to groups of families as they aged out and passed away. And for even more primitive behavior - did I mention the widespread practice of cannibalism? Oh yes. It was a worldwide phenomenon that was practiced by a significant number of primitive groups on all continents and many Pacific Islands.

When Moses began crafting his Genesis story, the only available sources for him were oral stories carried by neighboring cultures who had developed a standard language and systematic writing - developments that were only possible after the discovery of agriculture which allowed a sedentary lifestyle in place of the previously nomadic one. This is why his Genesis begins at the dawn of agriculture - Adam being created to farm the Garden in Genesis 2:15 and their direct sons Cain and Abel were skilled farmers and ranchers in Genesis 4:2.

The two million years of human activity before this point - is entirely missing from his story of creation.

Last edited: