• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Abraham a Jew ?

sooda

Veteran Member
Abram was known as a Hebrew when God established His covenant with Abram That through His seed would all nations of the earth be blessed. Then the same God made the same promises to Issac and then Jacob.
Where does it say that in the old testament?

sooda

Veteran Member
The importance of all this is that the way of the LORD is preserved though the children of Eber.

They were Canaanites.. and borrowed from the Canaanite pantheon to create an identity for themselves. You still haven't looked into the Ugaritic Tablets, have you?

LightofTruth

They were Canaanites.. and borrowed from the Canaanite pantheon to create an identity for themselves. You still haven't looked into the Ugaritic Tablets, have you?
I'm not in doubt that the Hebrew Scriptures are God inspired. And neither was Christ.

sooda

Veteran Member
I'm not in doubt that the Hebrew Scriptures are God inspired. And neither was Christ.

Well they weren't.. Serious Bible scholars have been studying the Ugaritic Tablets for decades.. They predate Abraham . They were Semites..

Do you know what a Semite is? Its a language group that includes Hebrew, Arabic, Amharic and Syriac.

These peoples are the North-Arabians, the South-Arabians, the Abyssinians (ancient and modern), the ancient Babylonians and Assyrians, the various Aramean tribes, the Hebrews and their kindred (the Moabites and Edomites), the Canaanites, and the Phoenicians and their colonies.

LightofTruth

Well they weren't..

Christ and his disciple believed the Scripture to be accurate and quoted from them often. Even the revelation of Christ is the spirit of the prophets and can be understood only in connection with Moses,Ezekiel, Isaiah, Daniel and others.

sooda

Veteran Member
Christ and his disciple believed the Scripture to be accurate and quoted from them often. Even the revelation of Christ is the spirit of the prophets and can be understood only in connection with Ezekiel, Isaiah, Daniel and others.

Daniel is a complete fiction. It was borrowed from the Canaanites. Isaiah has HUGE credibility problems and Christians have been too lazy to study. In Isaiah 7-9 he is talking to King Ahaz and he is predicting a savior in that time of trouble NOT 700 years later with the birth of Christ.

All this was written down by the Canaanites a thousand years before the Hebrews could write. They borrowed their myths from Egypt, Babylon and Ugarit.....

Its undeniable.. and the truth is important or should be.

SA Huguenot

Daniel is a complete fiction. It was borrowed from the Canaanites. Isaiah has HUGE credibility problems and Christians have been too lazy to study. In Isaiah 7-9 he is talking to King Ahaz and he is predicting a savior in that time of trouble NOT 700 years later with the birth of Christ.

All this was written down by the Canaanites a thousand years before the Hebrews could write. They borrowed their myths from Egypt, Babylon and Ugarit.....

Its undeniable.. and the truth is important or should be.
Reference please

LightofTruth

I believe the scripture shows that it was during the days of Peleg that the earth was divided. meaning that the languages were confused among the people and from then they would separate into different places throughout the land with different languages.

sooda

Veteran Member
I believe the scripture shows that it was during the days of Peleg that the earth was divided. meaning that the languages were confused among the people and from then they would separate into different places throughout the land with different languages.
The tower of Babel is a myth about the collapse of a civilisation and the collapse of literacy.

LightofTruth

The tower of Babel is a myth about the collapse of a civilisation and the collapse of literacy.
I believe the Biblical account to be the true account and other accounts to be myths.God said to Adam "be fruitful and multiply and FILL THE EARTH.

The confusing of languages is how the earth is filled. People gather together who understand each other.

JJ50

I believe the Biblical account to be the true account and other accounts to be myths.God said to Adam "be fruitful and multiply and FILL THE EARTH.

The confusing of languages is how the earth is filled. People gather together who understand each other.
Don't you ever question the lack of credibility of the Bible? The god character is a very human depiction with all the worst human characteristics.

sooda

Veteran Member
I believe it to be the true account and other accounts to be myths.God said to Adam "be fruitful and multiply and FILL THE EARTH.

The Tower of Babel story is a metaphor for the collapse of a civilization and loss of literacy.
. I have to go to the market.

1. episode 1: The Tower of Babel - Literature and History
    literatureandhistory.com/.../episode-001-the-tower-of-babel
    The Tower of Babel Cuneiform in the Fertile Crescent, 3100-500 BCE Hello, and welcome to Literature and History.

2. Episode 1: The Tower of Babel. In the Book of Genesis, after the Old Testament God floods the whole world, and Noah, and his ark, and his family survive, we hear the story of a certain mysterious tower.

sooda

Veteran Member
Don't you ever question the lack of credibility of the Bible? The god character is a very human depiction with all the worst human characteristics.

Let me share this with you.

The Tower of Babel Cuneiform in the Fertile Crescent, 3100-500 BCE Hello, and welcome to Literature and History. Episode 1: The Tower of Babel. In the Book of Genesis, after the Old Testament God floods the whole world, and Noah, and his ark, and his family survive, we hear the story of a certain mysterious tower.

LightofTruth

The worst human characteristics come from an earthy beginning. Called the natural man made of dust.The one who corrupts God's way. the one who chooses death rather than life.

LightofTruth

The Tower of Babel story is a metaphor for the collapse of a civilization and loss of literacy.
. I have to go to the market.

The Tower of Babel Cuneiform in the Fertile Crescent, 3100-500 BCE Hello, and welcome to Literature and History.

2. Episode 1: The Tower of Babel. In the Book of Genesis, after the Old Testament God floods the whole world, and Noah, and his ark, and his family survive, we hear the story of a certain mysterious tower.

it makes perfect sense to me that confusing of language is the way to fill the earth.