• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Warning from Isaiah

Fletch

Isaiah 24:1
Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.
Isaiah 24:2
And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.
Isaiah 24:3
The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.
Isaiah 24:4
The earth mourneth [and] fadeth away, the world languisheth [and] fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

Here we have a future description of what has happened to the earth. The very next verse tells WHY this has happened with descriptions of a world wide false religion and what it does. Verse 12 then takes us to the descriptions of the very beginnings of this false religion and the ending of chapter 24 gives us timeline. It will be done away with in the end times.

Isaiah 24:5
The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

Transgressed the Law:

Galatians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that hangeth on a tree
Galatians 3:24
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster [to bring us] unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Romans 7:6
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.
Galatians 5:18
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Changed the Ordinances:

Ephesians 2:15
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace;
Colossians 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Colossians 2:20
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Broken the Everlasting Covenant (which one to choose?):
this one?:
1 Chronicles 16:17
And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, [and] to Israel [for] an everlasting covenant,

Or this one?:
Leviticus 24:8
Every Sabbath he shall set it in order before the LORD continually, [being taken] from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant.

Colossians 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath [days]:

OR this one?:
Genesis 17:13
He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

Galatians 5:2
Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Romans 4:13
For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, [was] not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Romans 4:14
For if they which are of the law [be] heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
Romans 4:15
Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression.
Romans 4:16
Therefore [it is] of faith, that [it might be] by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Maybe even this one?:
Numbers 25:13
And he shall have it, and his seed after him, [even] the covenant of an everlasting priesthood; because he was zealous for his God, and made an atonement for the children of Israel.

Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Isaiah 24:6
Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Isaiah 24:7
The new wine mourneth, the vine languisheth, all the merryhearted do sigh.

New Wine and Vine, who goes by those names?
Luke 5:37
And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
Luke 5:38
But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
Luke 5:39
No man also having drunk old [wine] straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.
John 15:5
I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Isaiah 24:8
The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of them that rejoice endeth, the joy of the harp ceaseth.

Them that Rejoice:
1 Peter 1:8
Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see [him] not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
1 Peter 4:13
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Merryhearted's harp:
Ephesians 5:19
Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
James 5:13
Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

Please note, the Greek term for sing and singing is "Psallo"(#5567), and it means to play a stringed instrument or to sing to the music of a harp.
Isaiah 24:9
They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it.
Isaiah 24:10
The city of confusion is broken down: every house is shut up, that no man may come in.
Isaiah 24:11
[There is] a crying for wine in the streets; all joy is darkened, the mirth of the land is gone.

Isaiah 24:12
In the city is left desolation, and the gate is smitten with destruction.
Jerusalem 70CE, perhaps? This verse is directly tied to the next verse with its new line of descriptions that date back in time to when this religion had its beginnings.
Isaiah 24:13
When thus it shall be in the midst of the land among the people, [there shall be] as the shaking(striking off) of an olive tree, [and] as the gleaning grapes when the vintage is done.

Although the KJV uses the word "shaking" for the Hebrew word "noqeph"(#5363), its definition is "striking off" and root meaning is "to strike off". Any religion on earth teach the "striking off" of an olive tree? Here is your answer:
Romans 11:17
And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Vintage is done:
John 19:30
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Christians like to say that Christianity was really an offshoot or fell out of Judaism and v.24:13 backs up that very claim that it was "gleaned" from out of Judaism .

Isaiah 24:14
They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the LORD, they shall cry aloud from the sea.

Isaiah 24:15
Wherefore glorify ye the LORD in the fires, [even] the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea.

Lift up voice, Glorify the Lord, Singing, Fires, and "isles of the sea":
Acts 4:24
And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou [art] God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:
Hebrews 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Romans 15:9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for [his] mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

This religion "gleaned" from Judaism will not rise in Judah nor Jerusalem, but outside of it from among the nations. See the following for a definition of the relationship between Gentiles and isles/isles of the sea are:
Genesis 10:5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.
Isaiah 40:15 Behold, the nations [are] as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.
Jeremiah 31:10 Hear the word of the L-RD, O ye nations, and declare [it] in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd [doth] his flock.
Zephaniah 2:11 The L-RD [will be] terrible unto them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth; and [men] shall worship him, every one from his place, [even] all the isles of the heathen.
Ezekiel 26:18 Now shall the isles tremble in the day of thy fall; yea, the isles that [are] in the sea shall be troubled at thy departure.

Last edited:

Fletch

Isaiah 24:16
From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, [even] glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.

Romans 10:18
But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their ***sound*** went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

***sound***(#5353)Phthoggos
Definition
musical sound, whether vocal or instrumental

Glory to the Righteous:
Hebrews 2:10
For it became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings...
...Hebrews 2:12
Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

The beginning of Is.24:16 shows that this religion will become a world wide religion. Isaiah calls their leaders "treacherous dealers" (i.e. this is very much a false religion)
Isaiah 24:17
Fear, and the pit, and the snare, [are] upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.

FEAR:
Luke 12:5
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Matthew 10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

AND THE PIT:

Mark 9:45
And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Revelation 9:2
And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
Revelation 9:11
And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon.

THE SNARE:

Mark 1:16
Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
Mark 1:17
And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.

Luke 5:10
And so [was] also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men.

Isaiah 24:18
And it shall come to pass, [that] he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.

Jude 1:23
And others save with fear, pulling [them] out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Jude 1:24
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Mark 1:10
And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
Matthew 27:51
And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
Hebrews 12:26
Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven

Isaiah 24:19
The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

Isaiah 24:20
The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

Isaiah 24:21
And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones [that are] on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

HIGH ONES IN HIGH PLACES:
Ephesians 2:6
And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:

Isaiah 24:22
And they shall be gathered together, [as] prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
Isaiah 24:23
Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

Lastly, we're are given the timeline when this religion will end, it is in the end times.

Last edited:

Fletch

Here is more on this same false "Snare[Is.28:13]" religion:

Isaiah 28:1
Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty [is] a fading flower, which [are] on the head of the fat valleys of them that are overcome with wine!
Isaiah 28:2
Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, [which] as a tempest of hail [and] a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.
Isaiah 28:3
The crown of pride, the drunkards of Ephraim, shall be trodden under feet:
Isaiah 28:4
And the glorious beauty, which [is] on the head of the fat valley, shall be a fading flower, [and] as the hasty fruit before the summer; which [when] he that looketh upon it seeth, while it is yet in his hand he eateth it up.

Any religion we know speak of a “crown” that has “glorious beauty on the head of the fat valley” that the Creator through Isaiah contrarily says indeed WILL fade away? Yes, but first please look at these supporting Scriptures to know what the "fat valleys of them overcome with wine (i.e. the sheep)" are speaking of, and know the "head" of the fat valley is a shepherd, which is what the drunkards of Ephraim/ the priests and prophets/treacherous dealers are acting as. They err through wine, "feeding" false information to the people.
1 Chronicles 4:39
And they went to the entrance of Gedor, [even] unto the east side of the valley, to seek pasture for their flocks.

1 Chronicles 4:40
And they found fat pasture and good, and the land [was] wide, and quiet, and peaceable; for [they] of Ham had dwelt there of old.

1 Peter 5:1
The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

1 Peter 5:2
Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight [thereof], not by constraint, but willingly; not for *****y lucre, but of a ready mind;

1 Peter 5:3
Neither as being lords over [God's] heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.

1 Peter 5:4
And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Isaiah 28:5
In that day shall the LORD of hosts be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, unto the residue of his people,
Isaiah 28:6
And for a spirit of judgment to him that sitteth in judgment, and for strength to them that turn the battle to the gate.
Isaiah 28:7
But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble [in] judgment.
Isaiah 28:8
For all tables are full of vomit [and] *****iness, [so that there is] no place [clean].

Erred through wine on an unclean table:
John 6:55
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed
[see Lev.17:10/Deut.12]
Isaiah 28:9
Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? [them that are] weaned from the milk, [and] drawn from the breasts.

The “weaned from the milk” Teachers of knowledge and doctrine:
1 Corinthians 3:2
I have fed you with milk, and not with meat[see also Is28:10,13]: for hitherto ye were not able [to bear it], neither yet now are ye able.
Hebrews 5:12
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Hebrews 5:13
For every one that useth milk [is] unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
Hebrews 5:14
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, [even] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Hebrews 6:1
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Isaiah 28:10
For precept [must be] upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little:
Isaiah 28:11
For with stammering lips and another tonguewill he speak to this people.

1 Corinthians 14:2
For he that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth [him]; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

Greek would also qualify as another tongue and is what Christianity was spread by (see Genesis 10:5) Next, see the most interesting identification:
Isaiah 28:12
To whom he said, This [is] the rest [wherewith] ye may cause the weary to rest; and this [is] the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Rest for the Weary:
Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Isaiah 28:13
But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

John 18:6
As soon then as he had said unto them, I am [he], they went backward, and fell to the ground.

The writers of John 18 sees their claim (subtlety "I am"= a claim to being God) as having the ability to make people fall backward. The religion takes the Hebrew Scriptures and uses a little here and there from it to snare people into its false worship. Who on earth takes a little here and a little there from the Hebrew Scriptures for their religion?
Isaiah 28:14
Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which [is] in Jerusalem.
Isaiah 28:15
Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell(the grave) are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

Covenant with Death, Agreement with the Grave:
Hebrews 9:15
And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament(covenant), that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions [that were] under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Romans 7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Colossians 2:20
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Escape the Scourge, Refuge, & Hid:
Hebrews 2:3
How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard [him];
Hebrews 6:18
That by two immutable things, in which [it was] impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
1 Thessalonians 1:10
And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
Colossians 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Isaiah 28:16
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner [stone], a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.
Isaiah 28:17
Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.
Isaiah 28:18
And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.
Isaiah 28:19
From the time that it goeth forth it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it pass over, by day and by night: and it shall be a vexation only [to] understand the report.

Yes, when these nations and their kings hear what they have not been told, they will shut their mouths and try to understand it and say "Who would have believed this report?" [see Isaiah 52-15-53:1]

Last edited: