• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

War with China by 2025?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I suspect not directly.
First they'll go for Taiwan, make an alliance with Russia.
The US might fire the first shot if China and Russia together are able to strangle US economics.
It's interesting the prediction is close around the transition period from the US elections.

It seems the belief is Bidens weak presidency will be an asset for China to invade.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Thoughts?
He is wrong. He could be correct about many things, but there is no guarantee of any war with China. Such prognostication is self defeating. Besides, generals are useful as lobbyists. They lobby Congress for more weapons and such, and there is no telling who is paying this person.

China always overstates it strength. It uses the peacock strategy, sometimes; but there will never be any reason to invade China.

Colt

I still remember that first mention of war with Iraq. I thought naw, that's not going to happen...........

There have been several people in the media that appear to be planting this seed, floating the idea!

Twilight Hue

I still remember that first mention of war with Iraq. I thought naw, that's not going to happen...........

There have been several people in the media that appear to be planting this seed, floating the idea!
Yea. It's a tad more feasible given this prediction is made by a military general.

Twilight Hue

He is wrong. He could be correct about many things, but there is no guarantee of any war with China. Such prognostication is self defeating. Besides, generals are useful as lobbyists. They lobby Congress for more weapons and such, and there is no telling who is paying this person.

China always overstates it strength. It uses the peacock strategy, sometimes; but there will never be any reason to invade China.
I don't think he guaranteed it. He just pointed at the likelihood of it occurring.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think he guaranteed it. He just pointed at the likelihood of it occurring.
As a US general he tends to see things as a USA matter, but China is primarily of concern to other nations. They will act long before we do. India. Malaysia. Japan. If China turns into N Korea it will be kissing its butt goodbye. The government of China is like pure fat -- pure graft. Russia has proven to be riddled with holes from graft due to its top-down government, and anyone who wants to be wealthy must be friends with the right people. Russia, however, is not nearly so fraternal as China is. Everything is about political struggle for the top of the party. I anticipate even worse problems in China. There's no way it can sustain a war with anybody for longer than six months. Its like a sub with screen doors.

Twilight Hue

As a US general he tends to see things as a USA matter, but China is primarily of concern to other nations. They will act long before we do. India. Malaysia. Japan. If China turns into N Korea it will be kissing its butt goodbye. The government of China is like pure fat -- pure graft. Russia has proven to be riddled with holes from graft due to its top-down government, and anyone who wants to be wealthy must be friends with the right people. Russia, however, is not nearly so fraternal as China is. Everything is about political struggle for the top of the party. I anticipate even worse problems in China. There's no way it can sustain a war with anybody for longer than six months. Its like a sub with screen doors.
I suspect it will hinge on Taiwans response.

Your right though. The logistics of a naval war and subsequent landing an invasion force has got to be prohibitive with just about every angle from preparation to, transportation over huge bodies of water , and up to the landing itself.