• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

War, the final battle.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's does not look good means that if humanity continue on the path of leaving God they will be suffering more and more, instead of getting the benefit from God.

Statistical evidence points to the opposite. Have a look at this chart on how famine has decreased over time. Famines

Doomsday pessimistic views go against the available research. Death from wars, death from disease, death from famine, have all gone down ... substantially.

It seems to me some of the folks here who claim God is making them happier, are actually unhappier. Firstly, they're ignoring the facts, and secondly, they're most likely not actually doing anything about it other than complaining, or proselytizing to get others to join them in their misery. I have an automatic direct deposit from my bank account to the local food bank.

Clara Tea

A great battle is unfolding.

Religious orthodoxy has failed. The rule of Nations has failed. Our material civilization has failed.

The war between what is good and what is not good is approaching a final battle.

It brings verse 30 of the Quran to light

"Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah."

What is your vision of the future of this world?

Many Christian pastors believe that we are in the end times.

According to Revelation (in the bible), when President W. Bush attacked Iraq, that started us into the end times. There doesn't appear to be a way to stop it.

Many pastors are resigned to allow Global Warming because they feel that the world is ending anyway.

God sent psychics to remind us of what we already knew, that the world would end if W. Bush attacked Iraq. Yet, their warning went unheeded.

Christ is supposed to make a second coming, but what if people ignore Christ as must as they had ignored God's psychics?

All of the psychics of God, in recent times, saw dire images of future events, and many could not sleep for days, and begged God for the visions of the future to end

Fallen Prophet

It may be, that the issue is, we missed the return.

Regards Tony
That would be impossible according to the scriptures.

I don't mean to offend you - but when He does come again it will be nothing like His first coming.

He will come suddenly while the world is unprepared - in great glory - from the sky and the wicked will be burned away and all the world shall see and know Him.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
How so?

You mean suffer more and more at the hands of muslim terrorists who hate atheists / apostates and want to torture and kill them? (sorry, that was a joke, but it was to easy to pass up :p )

Sorry I don't see what the ability to forgive has to do with god beliefs.
Are you saying atheists can't forgive?

I'm sorry I can't follow you at all. You seem all over the place, and nowhere at the same time.

So what are you saying, that capitalism is bad? Making a lot of money is bad?

Again all over the place.
What does that have to do with god beliefs?

You think theists can't be materialistic?
You think atheists are exclusively materialistic?

Sounds like you are invested heavily in false stereotypes and flawed generalizations.
I do not say atheists can't forgive, i say spiritual practice teach how to forgive everything that is Said or done in evil intention, or to not fight back when harm is done.

Money has nothing to do with spiritual life, no need for more than keep us alive. But the problem is that many people are attached to the money and want more.

What you think of me or my understanding of what is problem with the world is your thoughts. We have different view og What is important in life, something that is natural.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Statistical evidence points to the opposite. Have a look at this chart on how famine has decreased over time. Famines

Doomsday pessimistic views go against the available research. Death from wars, death from disease, death from famine, have all gone down ... substantially.

It seems to me some of the folks here who claim God is making them happier, are actually unhappier. Firstly, they're ignoring the facts, and secondly, they're most likely not actually doing anything about it other than complaining, or proselytizing to get others to join them in their misery. I have an automatic direct deposit from my bank account to the local food bank.
I can only say that in spiritual scripture i have read it is told how to look for sign og how things go wrong in this world, according to the religious scripture.
I have very little to no interest in the materalistic world, what i see as important is to get back the belief in God in as many as possible ( without prozelyting)

Fallen Prophet

Jesus is never coming back to earth, as he clearly stated in the following verses.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

There is not one verse in the entire New Testament wherein Jesus promised to return to earth. You cannot make a verse be there that is not there. Jesus finished the work that God gave Him to do so there is no reason why Jesus would ever come back. Christians wanting Jesus to come back is not going to bring Jesus back.

The reason Jesus has not come back is not because He was delayed. All the prophecies for the return of Christ were fulfilled in the 19th century, as was proven in this book: William Sears, Thief in the Night

Jesus was a Comforter and He said the Father would send another Comforter and the Spirit of Truth and that is exactly what the Father did. That was the return of Christ that everyone was waiting for but most people missed.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for hedwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
When Jesus comes again he will not be of or in the world - for He will come in His glory.

He finished His work of Atonement during His mortal ministry - where He suffered for the sins of all and died.

The Comforter is the Holy Ghost - who testifies of the Father and the Son - and he precedes from the Father.

The Lord taught that He would come in the glory of His Father with angels and reward every man according to their works (Matthew 16:27).

When His disciples asked Him what the signs of His coming would be - and about the end of the world - the Lord told them that there would be much tribulation and false Christs but after all this the people of the Earth would see Him from Heaven with great power and glory (Matthew 24:30).

As His disciples watched the Lord ascend into Heaven two angels told them that He would return in like manner (Acts 1:11).

The Apostle Paul taught that the Lord would descend from Heaven with the voice of an angel and the trump of God (1 Thessalonians 4:16).

The Apostle Peter taught that when the Lord comes again the Heavens shall pass away and that the Earth will burn up (2 Peter 3:10).

The Revelation given to the Apostle John claims that the Lord will come with the clouds and that every one should see Him (Revelation 1:7)

The prophets also knew this day would come Job 19:25, Isaiah 66:15, Daniel 7:13-14, Zechariah 12:9-11, 13:6, 14:9, Malachi 3:1-2.

The Lord Jesus Christ has not returned yet. When He does come everyone will know and no one will be able to deny it.

capumetu

A great battle is unfolding.

Religious orthodoxy has failed. The rule of Nations has failed. Our material civilization has failed.

The war between what is good and what is not good is approaching a final battle.

It brings verse 30 of the Quran to light

"Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah."

What is your vision of the future of this world?

Regards Tony

There are really two religious wars left Tony. In the very near future the battle of Armageddon which all Christians have prayed for it to come. This will remove the wicked from the earth including satan and the demons.

And that is not the final war, it will occur after satan is released from his prison after 1000 yrs of Kingdom rule. That war will result in the permanent destruction of satan and all those who choose to follow him.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I can only say that in spiritual scripture i have read it is told how to look for sign og how things go wrong in this world, according to the religious scripture.
I have very little to no interest in the materalistic world, what i see as important is to get back the belief in God in as many as possible ( without prozelyting)

I look for how things go right in this world. Isn't it depressing constantly looking for the things that are bad? Is your religion all about keeping people depressed?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Almost 40 killed in Myanmar, including children, as Australian caught up in bloody protests

Yeah sure. Killing people, children on the streets is progress right? This is evidence when an elected government is overthrown by tyrants and war criminals who then begin to massacre their own people.

Have you seen the video where ambulance an man was bashed to death by the butt of a military rifle? And this is supposed to be a Buddhist nation? This is your progress? I challenge it but I can’t post the videos here as they are too violent.

I see videos daily of innocent people killed, the other day a 19 year old girl shot in the head. You want evidence then give me your messenger name and I can forward to you overwhelming evidence.
It's easy to establish that there has been a decrease in number of deaths per capita over the last decades. So violence has objectively decreased in the world.

Intentional homicides (per 100,000 people) | Data

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It's gonna be on a massive scale and it will be for a long time. It will get so bad that the governments of the world will fail.
And there will be chaos, yes?
That won't be a problem for life at all......... Chaos was the birthplace of life.
Life will spring..... to life.

There won't be any Gods stepping in then, not in chaos, not before chaos, not after chaos. But don't worry, because everything will be all right, because life will go on.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It's does not look good means that if humanity continue on the path of leaving God they will be suffering more and more, instead of getting the benefit from God.
God is too huge to care one way or t'other.

If people can not learn to forgive and be good to others it will lead to suffering. And one can see that a lot in todays society. Those who are rich lose their ability to understand God Because money is their God.
Military create more and more weapon that harm more people. And does not care about spiritual growth.
You've never needed for food, clothing, warmth, cover, transport, securities or much else.
The World has always been a bad bad place, but you have always been alright.
Am I right?

Understanding true peace in mind seem to be less important to people, and materalistic objects become what people seek.
In which case you won't mind if it all burns, will you? I mean, it's only materialism anyway.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's easy to establish that there has been a decrease in number of deaths per capita over the last decades. So violence has objectively decreased in the world.

Intentional homicides (per 100,000 people) | Data
I'm beginning to think some people can't read the facts, or choose to ignore them. For folks who pride themselves on independent investigation, there seems to be very little of that going on. Thanks for this. I can add it to my growing list of ways the planet is improving, lol.
Less death by disease.
Less death by starvation.
Less death from war and
Less death by homicide.

Are folks actually trying to keep themselves depressed by ignoring the data?

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Many pastors are resigned to allow Global Warming because they feel that the world is ending anyway.

So much for those Pastors....... all that negative energy is not needed when the chips go down.
We need solid tough determined old devils to turn this World round.

:p

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I do not say atheists can't forgive, i say spiritual practice teach how to forgive everything that is Said or done in evil intention, or to not fight back when harm is done.

Yes, but what does that mean?

Can an atheist engage in what you call "spiritual practice"?

If yes: then what do you mean by "spiritual practice"?
If no: then are you then indeed not saying that forgiveness isn't within the capabilities of the atheist?

If an atheist can't engage in spiritual AND if you aren't saying that atheists can't forgive, then clearly the ability to forgive isn't connected to "spiritual practice".

In short, I feel like you are contradicting yourself.

Money has nothing to do with spiritual life

Neither does wearing shoes. So what's special about money that you feel singling it out as being a "bad" thing?

, no need for more than keep us alive

So? There's no "need" to sure, but you're claiming more then that. You're singling out having "more then we need to" as a bad thing.

There's no "need" to have more then required to remain alive, but does "not need" translate to "not allowed"?

But the problem is that many people are attached to the money and want more.

Why is that a problem?

For example.... I would really like to visit my old man's country one day (Albania). A vacation in Albania with my family will quickly cost me about 4000 euro's.

I don't do badly financially, but 4000 euro is a lot of money. Most of my money is tied up in our company. I don't pay myself much because most of the profit is still being reinvested in the business to accommodate for growth. So I want more money so that I can pay for that vacation. I don't "need" to go there. I certainly don't "need" such a vacation to remain alive.

But you consider it a "problem" apparently that I "want more money" so that I can take that trip.

Why?

What you think of me or my understanding of what is problem with the world is your thoughts. We have different view og What is important in life, something that is natural.

Sure, but you made general truth claims. You asserted that the world "is not looking good" and thereby implied negative outcomes. You made statements about people like me.

You are insinuating that I have "problems" and that there is something "bad" going on in my mind and that it's "not looking good" for me.

I belong to that group of people you were talking about.

Surely you can understand how it's hard not to take offence from such statements.

epronovost

It's gonna be on a massive scale and it will be for a long time. It will get so bad that the governments of the world will fail.

All of the governments of the world or just many of them? That never happenned in the history of mankind for all of our government and civilisation to collapse in the same period. The only event of similar magnitude was the Bronze Age collapse and even then. Egypt managed to weather the storm and emmerged at its most powerful.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah yeah yeah. These prophecies are all the same, carefully vague, to leave a get-out when nothing in particular happens. :D

It can be seen that way.

Personally I see that all the Prophecies are fulfilled over time. They give warning of what ungodliness brings upon us, and in every age we suffer degrees of fulfillment.

I look where most cities are built, upon sand and can understand why prophecy warns us to build with strong foundations.

Regards Tony

exchemist

Veteran Member
It can be seen that way.

Personally I see that all the Prophecies are fulfilled over time. They give warning of what ungodliness brings upon us, and in every age we suffer degrees of fulfillment.

I look where most cities are built, upon sand and can understand why prophecy warns us to build with strong foundations.

Regards Tony
What do you mean by cities being built on sand?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can not predict the future, but spiritually it does not look good, not that spiritual teaching struggle in it self, but because of the time we are in more and more people will fall away from spiritual practice and belief. Being spiritual today seems more difficult today than before.
I still believe spiritual practice will win in the end. On a personal level i see difficulties every day, but one can not give up :)

Well said, the future of humanity lays in our spiritual capacity and not material ability.

At the same time it is a balance we must find. We have a world we live in that requires us to look after it, as well as our spiritual health.

Regards Tony