• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

War Sucks!

War sucks?

• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I can't think of something more horrific than war off the top of my head, and when it's over Doctrines about God that you can't prove to be true, that is extremely stupid!

Though I would say the crusades to kick the Moors out of France in the battle of Tours with Charles Martel and following battles were justified as an act of self-defense.

I'd say the hundreds of years Spanish Christians fought to reclaim Spain, which was almost conquered by Moors, was a just cause.

Even the Crusades for the holy land, which I don't agree with, were still fought to recapture land that Muslims conquered with the sword.

Crusaders defeated Ottoman Turkish aggression in the Naval battle of Lepanto, which may have saved all of Italy from becoming a Muslim country with harsh oppressive laws , without religious freedom.

Communism was also very violent and aggressive, and I think a lot of South Koreans are happy America intervened, at the time when almost all of South Korea had fallen to Communists.

Without American and Allied intervention, all of Korea would likely be run by Kim Jong Un today.

Without the Allies defending themselves and American intervention, imagine Earth during the late 30's 40's or the cold war period?

So, sometimes military intervention accomplished the greater good.

A lot of the men are drafted and brainwashed into violently killing people in another uniform who they otherwise might get along with. That sucks? It's terrible! Any questions?

View attachment 56323
View attachment 56322

What is something else that sucks about war?
I don't think that war to reclaim land that may have been conquered centuries or decades earlier were a just cause in any case. War to defend yourself or defend other countries under attack are justified. An international force sent to protect a country citizens by atrocities and the like as a last resort if other measures fail is justified. Any other war is unjustified.

We Never Know

No Slack
I can't think of something more horrific than war off the top of my head, and when it's over Doctrines about God that you can't prove to be true, that is extremely stupid!

Though I would say the crusades to kick the Moors out of France in the battle of Tours with Charles Martel and following battles were justified as an act of self-defense.

I'd say the hundreds of years Spanish Christians fought to reclaim Spain, which was almost conquered by Moors, was a just cause.

Even the Crusades for the holy land, which I don't agree with, were still fought to recapture land that Muslims conquered with the sword.

Crusaders defeated Ottoman Turkish aggression in the Naval battle of Lepanto, which may have saved all of Italy from becoming a Muslim country with harsh oppressive laws , without religious freedom.

Communism was also very violent and aggressive, and I think a lot of South Koreans are happy America intervened, at the time when almost all of South Korea had fallen to Communists.

Without American and Allied intervention, all of Korea would likely be run by Kim Jong Un today.

Without the Allies defending themselves and American intervention, imagine Earth during the late 30's 40's or the cold war period?

So, sometimes military intervention accomplished the greater good.

A lot of the men are drafted and brainwashed into violently killing people in another uniform who they otherwise might get along with. That sucks? It's terrible! Any questions?

View attachment 56323
View attachment 56322

War is part of life. Its a power trip that has been going on for thousands of years.
Humans have fought wars with sticks and stones all the way up to nukes and drones.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
@JustGeorge
Patton's first name was George btw

Also, another interesting fact is, after making that thread about George Hawkins Shrines, I went for a walk and found a blue shirt at a nearby bridge that was brand name "George", created by George Davies.

Whether it was a sign or not, I suppose Durga and George knows :p, but still, I cherish those coincidences at any rate. :)
I miss Imus along with fake George.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Whenever I think about war and how seemingly everybody agrees that it isn't good, I have to question "then why do we still do it?".
One of the most frustrating things about war is that a very few psychopaths get rich of it and millions have to suffers but are too dumb or lazy or indifferent to do anything against it.