• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

War drum being beat louder than ever

averageJOE

zombie
It seems that as soon as we got our new president people just want to go to war with everyone.

We have to bomb Syria and take out Assad because...he's bad, he's evil!! So...War!!

Iran better watch out because...we don't like that missile agreement! So...War!!

If North Korea doesn't stop with them missiles...War!!

And going to war with Syria will most likely involve going to war with Saudi Arabia and Russia as well. (Rachel Maddow is foaming at the mouth for US to go to war with Russia) If China isn't with us then that means they are against us. Doesn't really matter that going to war with one of these countries would likely cause us to go to war with all of these countries. All of this while continuing to fight ISIS and Al-Qaeda. (Al-Qaeda, remember them? Al-Qaeda?) All the major new outlets are beating the war drum loud and proud. Any politician that even dares speak out against a war is smeared by the media and their own colleagues.

So, who else here is joining the drum circle?

esmith

Veteran Member
Been there done that don't want to do it again; However if any direct threat to the US I guess one has to rethink their stance.
And I'm too old to worry about doing it again.

averageJOE

zombie
Been there done that don't want to do it again; However if any direct threat to the US I guess one has to rethink their stance.
And I'm too old to worry about doing it again.
For clarity purposes, are you saying your against US military action in these countries? Like, you were against the missile strike in Syria?

esmith

Veteran Member
For clarity purposes, are you saying your against US military action in these countries? Like, you were against the missile strike in Syria?
I didn't say or mean to imply so. But I'm tired of the idea of committing ground troops without a clear and objective purpose with one hand tied behind one's back.

averageJOE

zombie
I didn't say or mean to imply so. But I'm tired of the idea of committing ground troops without a clear and objective purpose with one hand tied behind one's back.
I still don't understand your position. From one vet to another. Please clarify. Syria seems to be pretty clear, take out Assad. Are you for that type of military action? Military action doesn't only mean ground troops.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Then again, it can be argued that "beating the war drums" can get results, without actually going to war. Being the nice, diplomatic guy can get results too. As with most things, correctly timed application of both generally gets the best results.

Wirey

Fartist
I give up. Generations of movies, TV shows, and morons have convinced Americans that you can solve problems with guns, and all the ***-kicking lessons in the middle haven't shown them that the opposite is actually true. They'll bomb someone shortly.

TheloniousX

Master of None, Student of All...
The real question here is when have we not been at war in some capacity over the last 100 years??? We are still at war.

Since Bush's WTC/Pearl Harbor incident in 2001 things really haven't changed much.

We have an ego-president calling the shots once again, but this time it isn't about the families precious oil assets and making daddy proud. It is about flexing Trump's power beyond any previous president. All people of great wealth and power want to leave a GREAT legacy.

I definitely wish not to poke at or provoke people into hostility, but I have no control over the president as a civilian... I can only hope that it doesn't come to that.

I moved away from San Diego as it is a huge military city to Bend, Oregon... population 80,000 just for that reason...

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It seems that as soon as we got our new president people just want to go to war with everyone.
I never understood why anybody expected anything different from Trump. I kept asking why people thought he would be less violent than the alternative. This is perfectly in keeping with Trump the Candidate.
Tom

esmith

Veteran Member
only time will tell what will happen. I'm not making any assumptions at this time, need more data (which will not be forthcoming)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I never understood why anybody expected anything different from Trump. I kept asking why people thought he would be less violent than the alternative. This is perfectly in keeping with Trump the Candidate.
Tom
Asked, & answered.
Have you forgotten?

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
As much as I do not enjoy the prospect of the US starting another war (because whenever the US starts fighting Australia inevitably gets involved) I do think something eventually has to be done about North Korea. Sooner or later it has to go, and I'd like it to go before they gain to capability of slapping nukes onto missiles. The more the world waits to deal with it, the worse it is going to be.

Last edited: