• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

War As A Means Of Distraction

sooda

Veteran Member
LOL..! The first article, written by cowriters, Mohammed Sahimi, and Pirouz Mojtahed, admitted themselves that with the Natural gas and oil reserves that Iran ALREADY HAS, it would cost about the same as nuclear.

...Your second article states this:
  • The United States, Israel, Western European nations and most of Iran’s Arab neighbors, however have no room for doubt that the Iranians intend to develop nuclear technology in order to weaponize it and acquire the capability to deliver nuclear strikes if it should ever decide to do so. There is no doubt too that once Iran becomes a nuclear power they will command greater respect – if not greater trepidation -- from their Arab neighbors.

I know what both articles say. That's why I posted them.

If Iran used nuclear power and/or solar, they would have more oil and gas for export. They do have however a lot of cheap gas at South Pars that they could use or sell in adjoining markets.

Currently Iran pays VZ to refine their petroleum because they don't have enough refinery capacity.

You do know this has been going on since 1979, don't you? Before that Israel bought most of their crude oil from Iran.

sooda

Veteran Member
At the risk of seeming reductionist and simplistic... Venezuela wasn't as easy a sell as was wanted, so the chickenhawks look to the perennial favourite; Iran. Trump's handlers know that the next election won't be a walk, and sitting wartime Presidents win elections. The calculus is simple, and it sure as **** won't be their family or money being spent and sent, so why not? Hell, what downside is there for them? Kill enough Midwesterners' and Southerners' kids, say "Freedom", and maybe work in a "Nineeleven" or two, and hell, you might win Trump his third term into the bargain. Or Jnr's or Ivanka's first.

If Iran starts bombing the first response will come from Pakistan and they do have nuclear weapons.

The Saudis have supported nuclear non proliferation for 50 years. They don't want bombs and neither do any of the Arab states. Nuclear power coupled with nuclear desalination is a winner and they are interested in that.

Iran could be so successful and prosperous, it hard to understand their stance. Its basically a loser's posture.

Cooky

Veteran Member
If Iran starts bombing the first response will come from Pakistan and they do have nuclear weapons.

The Saudis have supported nuclear non proliferation for 50 years. They don't want bombs and neither do any of the Arab states. Nuclear power coupled with nuclear desalination is a winner and they are interested in that.

Iran could be so successful and prosperous, it hard to understand their stance. Its basically a loser's posture.

So solar is out of the question, there's just not enough sunlight in the desert. o_O

Dasht-e Kavir desert, Iran
288px-Dasht-e_Kavir_2,_Iran.JPG.jpg

Sounds like B.S. to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

sooda

Veteran Member
So solar is out of the question, there's just not enough sunlight in the desert. o_O

Sounds like B.S. to me.

Solar in Iran is still largely untapped.. but the economics of nuclear desalination with a by product of cheap electricity should not be denied to Iran.

1. Solar market in Iran: a considerable potential still untapped ...
    www.sunwindenergy.com/photovoltaics-solar-thermal/solar...
    Iran could become an attractive market for the international solar industry. Interested companies now have different options to get information about the solar market in Iran. Iran is a booming market for solar energy.

2. Iran Wants to Develop Its Solar Market With ... - Greentech Media
    www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/iran-wants...
    Solar firms rushing into Iran’s nascent renewable energy market may face challenges due to lingering trade restrictions. In June, for example, the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), an ...

Cooky

Veteran Member
Solar in Iran is still largely untapped.. but the economics of nuclear desalination with a by product of cheap electricity should not be denied to Iran.

1. Solar market in Iran: a considerable potential still untapped ...
    www.sunwindenergy.com/photovoltaics-solar-thermal/solar...
    Iran could become an attractive market for the international solar industry. Interested companies now have different options to get information about the solar market in Iran. Iran is a booming market for solar energy.

2. Iran Wants to Develop Its Solar Market With ... - Greentech Media
    www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/iran-wants...
    Solar firms rushing into Iran’s nascent renewable energy market may face challenges due to lingering trade restrictions. In June, for example, the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), an ...

Thing is, nobody trusts Iran. The entire West and the Arab world particularly.

...They should work on their image. Make changes on their own -to show us they are a *responsible* 1st world society.

Cooky

Veteran Member
NO kidding, Sherlock.. and Trump isn't smart enough to leave them a way out of this morass.

The Mullahs need to die of old age and Iran needs to rejoin the international community.

Why do we have to hold their hand? Are they really that stupid?

I mean, if they're truly special, then we should be holding their hand.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Lol, kangaroo liked that because you said Trump. :D

...Go ahead and take it back to Trump. I have things to do. :) It's morning here.

sooda

Veteran Member
Why do we have to hold their hand? Are they really that stupid?

I mean, if they're truly special, then we should be holding their hand.

I think its complicated.. Persia was an empire with a rich history.. but they were dominated by the British and the Shah who was their stooge and not too sharp.. Followed by the radical Ayatollas.

Israel never shuts up about the "threat" from Iran and Iran supports Hezbollah and HAMAS and now the Houthis in Yemen. Hez and HAMAS have NOT benefited the Palestinians.

It is a stupid dilemma .. and I had some optimism that Obama had left them a way back in the long run.

Trump and Bolton are bullies at heart..

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I think its complicated.. Persia was an empire with a rich history.. but they were dominated by the British and the Shah who was their stooge and not too sharp.. Followed by the radical Ayatollas.

Israel never shuts up about the "threat" from Iran and Iran supports Hezbollah and HAMAS and now the Houthis in Yemen. Hez and HAMAS have NOT benefited the Palestinians.

It is a stupid dilemma .. and I had some optimism that Obama had left them a way back in the long run.

Trump and Bolton are bullies at heart..
the worst kind of bullies, cowards who expect other people to do the fighting for them.

Wandering Monk

What of our supplying Iraq with WMDs to kill a million Iranians?
The evil we've wrought makes us the greater danger. The best
way to prevent them from getting nukes is to stop creating the
need for them in self defense against the Ameristan-Israel chimera.
We had an agreement. Trump nixed that, & now ramps up a
military threat on top of an economic attack.

What chemical weapons did the US supply to Iraq? What quantities?

sooda

Veteran Member
All I have been able to find are stories that we supplied them small amounts for medical research purposes. We were not shipping chemical weapons to Iraq. Granted, it was pretty naive to give them even that.

U.S. Supplied Germs to Iraq in '80s

I don't think that's true.. I mean I think we sent Iraq MORE than bio weapons samples and strains.

Dual containment - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_containment
Dual containment was an official United States foreign policy aimed at containing Iraq and Iran, Israel's and the United States' two most important strategic adversaries in the Middle East.