• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanting to make love to your deity/deities.

von bek

I like the Rosary and prayers to dead girls. It is much more meaningful to me when my devotions and acts of love are directed to a female than a male

I somewhat agree. I feel deep devotion to several male gods, such as Hermes, Apollo, and Dionysos. However, there is an extra level of intensity when engaged in worship of Artemis or Athena. I would not call my devotions to the male gods as less meaningful, Hermes is especially important to me, only that I feel more "electric" when connecting to a female deity.

I should also add that I am attracted to strong women, both physically and emotionally strong. Perhaps I see these women as representations of the Goddess on earth, overflowing with the power to protect and destroy.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Saint Frankenstein,
The spirit-world is peopled with billions of beautiful powerful spirits. I'm sure there is one that is perfect for meeting all your sexual needs. :)

Pray about it. Call him/her forth. He/she is probably assigned to you already as a spirit-guide. Give him/her a name perhaps

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yeah, in Christianity we humans are temples of the Holy Spirit, so we are literally houses of flesh where God enters , dwells, and has his way. It can get rather kinky and frisky at times...what? :p

It sounds like Hinduism doesn't traditionally have that degree of intimacy between Deities and humans :D

Depends on what you mean by intimacy. In Hinduism, we're only temporarily inhabiting these physical bodies, so they are likened to clothing, except we wear them for a whole lifetime. Who we are is much deeper than that, and at the essence of that deepness, we are identical to God, or extensions, or sparks of God. So that union is deep, and I suppose could be considered intimacy, but not in the external way. God isn't something 'separate' all the time. For some (non-dual or advaita), we are identical. For dualists (dvaitin) God is separate, but close, and for some, (like me) God is both simultaneously.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Saint Frankenstein,
The spirit-world is peopled with billions of beautiful powerful spirits. I'm sure there is one that is perfect for meeting all your sexual needs. :)

Pray about it. Call him/her forth. He/she is probably assigned to you already as a spirit-guide. Give him/her a name perhaps
That would be nice. Lord knows I'm not getting my intimate needs fulfilled with a person in the flesh. :(

Spiderman

Veteran Member
That would be nice. Lord knows I'm not getting my intimate needs fulfilled with a person in the flesh. :(
People in the flesh are fragile, timid, broken, and unenlightened... They weren't meant to fully satisfy us.

I frame pictures of murdered girls , burn candles and incense to them, make shrines and lay flowers before them, write novenas and songs to them, and find it thoroughly rewarding. To each their own :)

The spirit-people are more powerful, pure, charitable, and enlightened than they were in the flesh.

And no, I'm not tempted to or thinking about killing anyone :D

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
What about Hindu gods/godesses, can they enter people's bodies? I ask this because it is relevant to the topic. If a Deity is actually entering a person's flesh, such a degree of intimacy could lead to sexual arousal.
Well there is what's called "trance states" also known as "trance possessions."
I think it's mostly a tantric thing but there is a certain level of high interaction between women and fierce goddesses like Kali and/or Durga in certain schools of Shaktism. Even to the point where the deity interacts more like a councillor day to day. There are also certain rituals like fire walking or other stunts that "require" entering a trance.
I wouldn't call it possession per Se, but I guess that's probably the closest translation. At least without going into detail the nuances, which I couldn't do.

Meander_Z

One of my favorite things about the Dionysian path is that it is so pro-sexual, and makes no distinction between perverse desire and sacred desire. This is not to say that every impulse is meant to be acted upon without reflection or restraint, but it does suggest that it is repression rather than affirmation which corrupts desire into something dangerous. I'm making a distinction here between sexual desire and a sexual act. A sexual act becomes dangerous/perverse when it causes harm (physical, mental, or emotional) to one or more participants.

I too have had very sexual impulses related to my reflections on God and Jesus when I was Christian, and struggled to make sense of those complicated feelings which usually left me feeling dirty and shameful. Now I actively have sex with Dionysus on a regular basis, and I'm writing a novel about the intersection between religion and sexuality in which Dionysus is a main character. In my own mind Dionysus and Christ have become irrevocably linked, and I have a very passionate relationship with my Dionysus Christos.

Kirran

Premium Member
There are mantras in Hindu traditions that have meanings like 'Mother Kali enter into me' and this kind of thing (a friend of mine used to chant this one during Navaratri).

Also there are the theyyam traditions in Kerala, where an individual is taken over by a deva entirely, becoming a murti for the duration of a dance.

But generally I think people identify more deeply with an aspect, rather than being taken over by them per se. So one swami I know gets really identified with Murugan over the course of the summer Subramanium Festival, and towards the end is walking around with just this immense power - each step is like *boom* *boom* *boom*!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
One of my favorite things about the Dionysian path is that it is so pro-sexual, and makes no distinction between perverse desire and sacred desire. This is not to say that every impulse is meant to be acted upon without reflection or restraint, but it does suggest that it is repression rather than affirmation which corrupts desire into something dangerous. I'm making a distinction here between sexual desire and a sexual act. A sexual act becomes dangerous/perverse when it causes harm (physical, mental, or emotional) to one or more participants.

I too have had very sexual impulses related to my reflections on God and Jesus when I was Christian, and struggled to make sense of those complicated feelings which usually left me feeling dirty and shameful. Now I actively have sex with Dionysus on a regular basis, and I'm writing a novel about the intersection between religion and sexuality in which Dionysus is a main character. In my own mind Dionysus and Christ have become irrevocably linked, and I have a very passionate relationship with my Dionysus Christos.
That's beautiful! I'm devoted to Denise, female version of Dionysus :D

Liu

Agreed, a beautiful topic. Looking forward to read more about the experiences of you all.

Personally, I'm a devotee of the dark one, whom I most often call Satan.
I haven't had any experiences where I could say that it was a specific external deity with whom I interacted and not simply my sub-consciousness (and my concept of deity is not really that personal anyway). But my religion fills me with euphoria and love towards my deity and I certainly don't mind when my feelings about it go into a sexual direction - bliss is bliss.

Additionally, certain kinds of rituals include sexual components anyway, so if I want to do any such ritual it certainly helps if the feelings I need to evoke are not entirely new to me.

Servant_of_the_One1

c3f2c13ca2e4dcfa551ce8e502c1f88a49e3e759e345fa71979a627cc107ea11.jpg

Spiderman

Veteran Member

I can't get over how beautiful your post is! :D it turned me on I can't lie ;)

I've been sexually aroused when praying the rosary and singing to our Lady. I rebuked it as Temptation from demons at first, but have come to accept it as a reaction to intimacy with a Spirit.

After one of those experiences a lady came up to me and said she had a vision of a waterfall of grace pouring over me. That helped me accept that it wasn't anything Satanic.

We are sexual creatures. You may have found a spirit-lover. There is also a such thing as ghost-sex and spectrephilia (fetish for spirit-beings). I see nothing wrong with it.
Yes astral sex and energy sex is possible, many spirit workers have spirit marriages (married to spirits).