• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanting to make love to your deity/deities.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It's true! Eeeek!! :eek:

Only our soul is more female... The soul receives Christo_O
Hahaha. That kind of throws a wrench into their teachings about the maleness and femaleness of our body being a reflection of the maleness or femaleness of our soul if everyone has feminine souls.

von bek

I experience intense feelings when praying to Artemis, whom I am especially devoted to. I feel overwhelmed by a presence of supreme strength and a sense of total submission to Her. I truly love Her. However, Artemis is a virgin goddess...

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I experience intense feelings when praying to Artemis, whom I am especially devoted to. I feel overwhelmed by a presence of supreme strength and a sense of total submission to Her. I truly love Her. However, Artemis is a virgin goddess...
Can she enter your body?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If you are familiar with the story of Artemis and the hunter Actaeon, you know that one must be careful with how you approach the Goddess. I respect that idea.
I googled her. I'm very impressed. Now I know what you mean by her strength! :)

Can the Roman and Greek gods enter people's bodies ( like Yahweh and spirits do)?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Why? I'm saying it's not a bad thing and appears to be an important dimension of religious experience.

If they don't bother you, that's fine. I could qualify it further to "Accept them for what they are and push them away if they are bothersome and/or disturbing". Some people do find them disturbing.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If they don't bother you, that's fine. I could qualify it further to "Accept them for what they are and push them away if they are bothersome and/or disturbing". Some people do find them disturbing.
What about Hindu gods/godesses, can they enter people's bodies? I ask this because it is relevant to the topic. If a Deity is actually entering a person's flesh, such a degree of intimacy could lead to sexual arousal.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
What about Hindu gods/godesses, can they enter people's bodies? I ask this because it is relevant to the topic. If a Deity is actually entering a person's flesh, such a degree of intimacy could lead to sexual arousal.

Possession of a human by a deva? I do not believe possession is a belief in Hinduism, with the possible exception of a dead person's unhappy ghost.

von bek

I googled her. I'm very impressed. Now I know what you mean by her strength! :)

Can the Roman and Greek gods enter people's bodies ( like Yahweh and spirits do)?

You mean like possession? I don't know. What I do believe is that the gods can impart emotions and ideas directly to our minds. For example, in the Iliad we see Athena directly give courage and recklessness to various people.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Possession of a human by a deva? I do not believe possession is a belief in Hinduism, with the possible exception of a dead person's unhappy ghost.
You're right, although in some places where there has been mixing with tribal faiths or Christianity, it's there on the fringes. For me personally, being the traditionalist I am, both possession by a deity and the idea of making love to a deity are just completely foreign, way 'out there'.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You're right, although in some places where there has been mixing with tribal faiths or Christianity, it's there on the fringes. For me personally, being the traditionalist I am, both possession by a deity and the idea of making love to a deity are just completely foreign, way 'out there'.
Yeah, in Christianity we humans are temples of the Holy Spirit, so we are literally houses of flesh where God enters , dwells, and has his way. It can get rather kinky and frisky at times...what? :p

It sounds like Hinduism doesn't traditionally have that degree of intimacy between Deities and humans :D

Spiderman

Veteran Member
In some Christian groups I've seen people receive the holy Spirit and fall over convulsing, moaning, screaming, crying, flailing, almost looking like they are being ravaged or butchered :eek:...I saw that a lot at healing-room revivals as a kid.

VioletVortex

If I did that I'd suffer third degree burns in unpleasant areas.

In all seriousness, I don't really understand wanting to make love to spiritual deities, not that I have a problem with it.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I like the Rosary and prayers to dead girls. It is much more meaningful to me when my devotions and acts of love are directed to a female than a male