• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wanting to make love to your deity/deities.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
When I was at church when I was younger, I would feel bad because I kept having sexual thoughts about Jesus and Mary. I was very devout at that time and loved them very strongly. I felt so guilty over it. But now I don't think there's any reason to be guilty about it. After all, the mystics have written very beautiful erotic things about their deities - Christian mystics especially. Just look at the Song of Solomon, which is erotic poetry and can be viewed as being between God and the Church. Wanting to be married to Christ and Him be the ultimate lover of their souls, etc. I think this is a very natural thing. After all, making love is one of the best ways to express your love, devotion and passion for someone. So why feel ashamed? The ecstasies of Saints and mystics of various religions sound like amazing orgasms and are even presented very similarly in art.

1134963A4F4827A420C516

pearl

There are passages that refer to God 'lusting' after his beloved Israel, the Song of Songs is a great example.
The Song of Songs is a celebration of the loyal and mutual love that leads to marriage. Human sexual love is prized in the Song as a great good, and is implicitly looked upon as a gift of God.
it is a love poem, full of powerful imagery and symbolism, singing the praises of sexual love.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've been sexually aroused when praying the rosary and singing to our Lady. I rebuked it as Temptation from demons at first, but have come to accept it as a reaction to intimacy with a Spirit.

After one of those experiences a lady came up to me and said she had a vision of a waterfall of grace pouring over me. That helped me accept that it wasn't anything Satanic.

We are sexual creatures. You may have found a spirit-lover. There is also a such thing as ghost-sex and spectrephilia (fetish for spirit-beings). I see nothing wrong with it.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Our bodies are temples of the holy Spirit. He enters us. We become one (like matrimony). Jesus said we must eat his flesh and drink his blood or we have no life in us. How is that not weird?

Maybe God is a bit weird

Maybe so. But I'd rather believe it's us humans that are a bit weird.
The eating flesh and drinking blood thing is symbolic, not literal.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Maybe so. But I'd rather believe it's us humans that are a bit weird.
The eating flesh and drinking blood thing is symbolic, not literal.
No, you don't know that it is symbolic. That was the first time in his Ministry that he lost a bunch of followers, and he never called them back to explain that he was just speaking symbolically.

At every last supper account he says " this is my body this is my blood, take this all of you and eat, drink". He doesn't ever say it is symbolic.

Paul goes to further explain that it is not symbolic. Your claim that it is symbolic is completely extra-biblical.

That's the sad thing about Christianity is people of all denominations who claim to be solascriptura are not. They take from the Bible what they want and explain away the verses that they disagree with.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
@jeager106
Rather than further derail this thread, I started a thread on the topic on eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Christ...however, beings that Holy communion is becoming one flesh with Christ, that is a very similar concept to matrimony which makes it relevant on this thread as well.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Ahem. This topic is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well, a little weird.o_O
Excuse me, but I don't think there's anything weird about what appears to be a common human experience, regardless of culture, religion or era. It seems to be quite normal to have erotic desires for a beloved deity. We are sexual animals, after all. Some religious ceremonies seem to exist just to induce what could be called orgasmic states. Look at black Pentecostal services.

jeager106

Premium Member
@jeager106
Rather than further derail this thread, I started a thread on the topic on eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Christ...however, beings that Holy communion is becoming one flesh with Christ, that is a very similar concept to matrimony which makes it relevant on this thread as well.

matrimony?
Don't Catholic "sisters" actually marry Jesus in a Catholic ceremony?

Yes, Catholics who become nuns take a vow that is a sacrament equal to being married in the Catholic church. They even sometimes wear a wedding ring. This is to show their devotion to Jesus
Are Catholic Nuns married to Jesus,?

jeager106

Premium Member
Just prima facia (on the face of facts) it seems a little weird for
a woman to "marry" a guy dead some 2,000 years.