• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Want to make the world a better place? How?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I'll stick with what the WHO says about any "immunity" as a result of recovering from COVID-19.

"There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection."​

"Immunity passports" in the context of COVID-19

Scientists from the Korean Centers for Disease Control and Prevention studied 285 Covid-19 survivors who had tested positive for the coronavirus after their illness had apparently resolved, as indicated by a previous negative test result. The so-called re-positive patients weren’t found to have spread any lingering infection, and virus samples collected from them couldn’t be grown in culture, indicating the patients were shedding non-infectious or dead virus particles..

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Scientists from the Korean Centers for Disease Control and Prevention studied 285 Covid-19 survivors who had tested positive for the coronavirus after their illness had apparently resolved, as indicated by a previous negative test result. The so-called re-positive patients weren’t found to have spread any lingering infection, and virus samples collected from them couldn’t be grown in culture, indicating the patients were shedding non-infectious or dead virus particles..

Cool story.

And now back to the topic...

MJFlores

To make others better you must start with your self.. Or?
Without our own effort the world will not become a better place. Or?

Watch it go down the drain....

giphy.gif

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You think that we have come to this stage of civilization because of empathy?
Empathy was a key part of it, yes.

My point is that this idea of "don't worry about making the world better" is built on a foundation of "don't care about the well-being of others."

Anyone who has empathy will try to make things better for others in some way.

InvestigateTruth

To make others better you must start with your self.. Or?
Without our own effort the world will not become a better place. Or?
I believe Bahaullah exactly answers that:

Man’s merit lieth in service and virtue…6 wrote Bahá’u’lláh. “The betterment of the world can be accomplished through pure and goodly deeds, through commendable and seemly conduct.
Living the Principle of Oneness | What Bahá’ís Believe

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
at 85 changing myself will not change the world one iota.
Had I changed myself as a teen it would not have changed the world one Iota either.

It is the interface between people that needs the change.
On our own, we can do little good or evil.
it is only when we interconnect with others that significant harm and good can be done.
Religion never addresses this problem. It assumes that it is sufficient to change ourselves.
all that does is to divorce ourselves from everything likely to be able to influence change.

Politicians understand this process all to well, and manipulate it and us to their own advantage.
They call it social engineering.
While individuals can withstand it to some degree, they inevitably fall victim to it. because people need to conform. they prefer to have than have not in every way.

At the moment the political face of the world, is based on the lowest possible common denominator, as that suits both big business and the wealthy social and political elite. it give them the greatest possible margin for wealth and power.

Hellbound Serpiente

I never said anything about not doing anything, rather only God Has the Capabilities to change the world forever. We can try, but I don't think we can do so successfully. We are not omnipotent, which is exactly what's needed to establish complete and ever-lasting positive changes