• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Want to make the world a better place? How?

Hellbound Serpiente

God might change the world, but does people listen to God and them self change according to what God see as nessesary?

That's the root cause of all problems --- Disobedience to God. We, humans, have torn the world apart, and made our lives a living hell through our inclination towards falsehood and injustice, yet we blame God for that. When I was a Muslim, I believed if everyone followed the Commandments of The Holy Qur'an, the world would be a much better place. I still feel the same.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
To make others better you must start with your self.. Or?
Without our own effort the world will not become a better place. Or?

I live by the rule 'do into others as they do to you, but do it first'

It may be simplistic and require a fair degree of awareness, some knowledge of body language and huge amounts of intuition but it's only let me down a couple of times.

PureX

Veteran Member
I did not create the world. I am not in charge of it. I wouldn't even know what a "right" world would look like. So I have no business imposing myself or my ideals upon it.

I am the only aspect of the world that I have a hand in creating, or controlling, and even then, my input is minimal and my goals are dubious. So I would expend very little energy on pondering this question.

Vee

Premium Member

My 2 cents:
- Be harder on yourself than on others. That will teach you understanding and compassion
- Treat others the same way you like to be treated. It's called the golden rule for a reason.

It's not a fix all solution, but I think it could be a good start

Hellbound Serpiente

Also, get rid of indifference.

Attachments

• main-qimg-59bc50983e02e367f427643fd7916635-c.jpg
    main-qimg-59bc50983e02e367f427643fd7916635-c.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 0

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
:) That is a long list. That is why I say, concern yourself with making yourself better. Don't take this big responsibility of making the world better.
I can tell you're not an engineer.

Poems - The Sons of Martha

As for why: it's empathy. If you care about other people, you will want them to be killed, hurt, malnourished, sick, etc. less often.
No one has been able to do it.
Nonsense.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
We C,O.V.I.D anti-bodied persons can make our C.O.V.I.D. ravaged world a better place by donating our antibodies to those now being gravely ill by SARS-CoV2;. Also, we C.O.V.I.D. anti-bodied persons should decline wearing masks in order to make more of them available to those lacking C.O.V.I.D.anti-bodies.

Donate COVID-19 Plasma

How do you know you can not get covid-19 ?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
How about "If you can't say something nice, then maybe it's best not to say anything at all", which was my Mom's teaching when I was growing up. OK, or at least when I was trying to grow up.:(

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
How do you know you can not get covid-19 ?

I did carry this Corona virus disease, so I now know I have immunity against the SARS-Cov2 virus.

Based on data from other viruses and coronavirus strains, we know that people make antibodies 7-10 days after infection and that, depending on the type of virus, these antibodies can fend off reinfection for months to years after recovery

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I did carry this Corona virus disease, so I now know I have immunity against the SARS-Cov2 virus.

I'll stick with what the WHO says about any "immunity" as a result of recovering from COVID-19.

"There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection."​

"Immunity passports" in the context of COVID-19

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Having started with myself I have realised I can’t do it (make the world a better place) alone.

I also need to exert effort towards the reform of others to some degree who are opposed to making the world a better place.

You can't "make" the world anything at all; you can only react to the forces outside yourself.